Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How much do you play?

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 7 years ago by MattfromPA.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Philadelphia, PA
United States
Member #91808
May 25, 2010
9 Posts
Posted: May 27, 2010, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

Just curious about how often everyone plays instant scratch off games?  Do you play a set dollar amount every day or week?  or do you play only when you feel lucky?

I've seen some other responses in this forum about people buying an entire role of tickets or large bunches of tickets....has anyone had success doing this?

I'm trying to understand how everyone plays, what works and what doesn't.

United States
    Member #91941
    May 28, 2010
    113 Posts
    Posted: May 28, 2010, 4:57 am - IP Logged

I started playing Crossword's 2.00 don't play every day or week just when the winning numbers appears  depends on the deck they are using there is two set's of scratch  deck's . Lucky Number 89 Good Luck!

I have a list of Winners and Losser's.

on Hot 50's my Lucky Numbers 50,75,150 The store i was getting them from was getting mad at me for winning a fast 50.00 i played that game until it was removed.

Playing a Stack you should get a total of 250.00 out of one deck but you would be spending 300.00 unless you get lucky and hit the big winner.

Montreal, Quebec
      Canada
      Member #85044
      January 7, 2010
      9 Posts
      Posted: May 31, 2010, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

I'm a strong believer in moderation.  If you buy a stack of tickets, you'll definitely get some money out of it, but will most probably spend more than you'll win.  So I guess, as with any other lottery, try your luck on a regular basis, but don't go overboard.  When (and if Wink) your time comes, one ticket is all it takes.

Life is half spent before we know what it is.

George Herbert

CutlassBob's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
        Harrison Township Michigan
        United States
        Member #90088
        April 21, 2010
        4265 Posts
        Posted: May 31, 2010, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

I was playing them daily for a while. I was in search of a Ten Dollar Ticket, "Million Dollar Mega Play"

Then i started finding most the big money winners were on average 108 miles West of where i live. Also asked the store owners around where i live if they have ever sold and big $$$ winners. The answer was unanimous. Big Fat NO. Do i think the Michigan Lottery will place any winners in Harrison Township, NO!

Here's where some of the winners are...of the scratch off games i play, $10.00 ticket, Million Dollar Mega Play..

Tali's Market
        3315 Ravine Rd.    164 mi Away
        Kalamazoo 

The Hangar Party Store
        2115 Territorial Rd. W         154 mi Away  
        Battle Creek 

Sinclair America
        32843 Ford Rd.               ONLY 43.0 miles Away
        Garden City 

H & A Fuel Mart Inc.
        3080 N. Monroe st.              60.3 Miles Away
        Monroe 

Felpausch #886
        1415 S. Main St.                  122 Miles Away.
        Eaton Rapids 

Here in Michigan the Winners got few and far between.

When Players Lose, Schools win!!

Everyone knows are Schools System here in Michigan Needs MEGA Cash Flow.

So i basically quit trying to win the big money on the ten dollar tickets. I may purchase a $2.00 Cashword just to waste some time, plus i can enter my losing tickets on the Michigan Players Club. But i rather play the 3-4 diget daily games.

CutlassBob

"You can't handle the truth!" Nicholson.

Illinois
          United States
          Member #80376
          September 25, 2009
          57 Posts
          Posted: June 1, 2010, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

I was playing them daily for a while. I was in search of a Ten Dollar Ticket, "Million Dollar Mega Play"

Then i started finding most the big money winners were on average 108 miles West of where i live. Also asked the store owners around where i live if they have ever sold and big $$$ winners. The answer was unanimous. Big Fat NO. Do i think the Michigan Lottery will place any winners in Harrison Township, NO!

Here's where some of the winners are...of the scratch off games i play, $10.00 ticket, Million Dollar Mega Play..

Tali's Market
          3315 Ravine Rd.    164 mi Away
          Kalamazoo 

The Hangar Party Store
          2115 Territorial Rd. W         154 mi Away  
          Battle Creek 

Sinclair America
          32843 Ford Rd.               ONLY 43.0 miles Away
          Garden City 

H & A Fuel Mart Inc.
          3080 N. Monroe st.              60.3 Miles Away
          Monroe 

Felpausch #886
          1415 S. Main St.                  122 Miles Away.
          Eaton Rapids 

Here in Michigan the Winners got few and far between.

When Players Lose, Schools win!!

Everyone knows are Schools System here in Michigan Needs MEGA Cash Flow.

So i basically quit trying to win the big money on the ten dollar tickets. I may purchase a $2.00 Cashword just to waste some time, plus i can enter my losing tickets on the Michigan Players Club. But i rather play the 3-4 diget daily games.

CutlassBob

does the state lottery  purposely place tickets in certain towns?   Then can't the employees just buy tickets at the destined towns themselves,  or tell their family to buy at  so-so store

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: June 2, 2010, 7:44 am - IP Logged

does the state lottery  purposely place tickets in certain towns?   Then can't the employees just buy tickets at the destined towns themselves,  or tell their family to buy at  so-so store

They ain't supposed to be sending the winning tickets to certain areas but sometimes it sure seems that way. You'd think that every once in a while you'd see an old stumpjumper from my part of the state win something big but it don't happen hardly ever. It's always them dang city slickers.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              Texas
              United States
              Member #55889
              October 23, 2007
              5767 Posts
              Posted: June 2, 2010, 8:13 am - IP Logged

They ain't supposed to be sending the winning tickets to certain areas but sometimes it sure seems that way. You'd think that every once in a while you'd see an old stumpjumper from my part of the state win something big but it don't happen hardly ever. It's always them dang city slickers.

I rarely play scratchers. I just prefer the online games. If you look at the odds between scratchers and the online games, the scratchers don't pay out very well for the cost of the ticket against the prize.

Ridge, city slickers win because the lotteries know that they will spend the money to stimulate the economy. You stumpjumpers will only spend the money on another coondog, how's that going to stimulate the economy? LOL.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Philadelphia, PA
                United States
                Member #91808
                May 25, 2010
                9 Posts
                Posted: June 2, 2010, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

I'm not certain, but I would bet that there would be a correlation between the number of winners & the volume of play in an area.  So, if there were 10 times as many tickets sold in a big city than out in the country, the probability of the big winners going to where the city would be much higher as that is where the volume of tickets are moving.  Does that make sense, or is there really a conspiracy at the state lottery offices where someone is subjectively deciding where tickets are being distributed to?

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #55889
                  October 23, 2007
                  5767 Posts
                  Posted: June 2, 2010, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

I'm not certain, but I would bet that there would be a correlation between the number of winners & the volume of play in an area.  So, if there were 10 times as many tickets sold in a big city than out in the country, the probability of the big winners going to where the city would be much higher as that is where the volume of tickets are moving.  Does that make sense, or is there really a conspiracy at the state lottery offices where someone is subjectively deciding where tickets are being distributed to?

I don't think there is a conspiracy. I was just making fun of rdgrnr and stumpjumpers. No offense ridge.LOL.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

ONEDAY's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                    OHIO
                    United States
                    Member #5328
                    June 30, 2004
                    1284 Posts
                    Posted: June 14, 2010, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

well it depends..i usually play about $10 every few days...

i always play using the machine, and I usually get a $5 ticket a $3 ticket and a $2 ticket!

Though I have been known to buy alot more if I have extra money.

I just tried my first $20 ticket...A loser :(

have a great winning day!

Montara, CA
                      United States
                      Member #92593
                      June 10, 2010
                      18 Posts
                      Posted: June 16, 2010, 11:17 pm - IP Logged

Hi DaveH3,

Whether you play a little or a lot, it all comes down to lucky.  I play the $5 scratchers in California, and it's consistently 1:4.  I've bought entire rolls; I've bought a few instant scratchers a week.  No matter how much I play, I get comparable results--If I buy 20, I usally get 5 winners, mostly free tickets; if I play two a week, I'll get something every few weeks.  The reason why I like to buy entire rolls is because I get such a thrill from scratching ticket after ticket.  With two or so scratchers, the rush is gone in seconds.  I guess when I am buying the whole rolls, I am actually paying for that rush.

Best,

GinkoStinko

TheOtherOne's avatar - Lottery-027.jpg
                        Nashville, TN
                        United States
                        Member #86739
                        February 9, 2010
                        483 Posts
                        Posted: June 16, 2010, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

I dont have a set amount per week, but it probably averages to about 3 or 4$ a week.

Ive been trying to do more like Cutlassbob says: go with the cash 3 or cash 4 games as the odds are better (though at first I figured it wasnt worth the 500 or 5000 payout but it beats seeing the dang words TICKET when you finally do 'win' on a scratcher).

Generally I stick with the $1 or $2 games. I have played them all, up to and including the $20 games and it comes down to how many tickets I would rather buy.

And it does feel very nice to hit 20 or 35 on a $1 ticket. Too few and far between though. And 35 is the most I have won on a $1 -- hoping to findout soon what 500 or more feels like :)

United States
                          Member #91833
                          May 26, 2010
                          1 Posts
                          Posted: June 23, 2010, 5:19 am - IP Logged

I play $50-$75 per week and have been very lucky because I always buy in patterns.

Philadelphia, PA
                            United States
                            Member #91808
                            May 25, 2010
                            9 Posts
                            Posted: June 23, 2010, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

RAR0058....would you mind sharing what you mean by patterns?

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                              Idaho
                              United States
                              Member #56506
                              November 21, 2007
                              6537 Posts
                              Posted: June 23, 2010, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

Just curious about how often everyone plays instant scratch off games?  Do you play a set dollar amount every day or week?  or do you play only when you feel lucky?

I've seen some other responses in this forum about people buying an entire role of tickets or large bunches of tickets....has anyone had success doing this?

I'm trying to understand how everyone plays, what works and what doesn't.

I also rarely play scratch off tickets. On average, I probably only get one or two tickets every couple of months, if that. So, I am probably not any help. LOL

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."