Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How much do you play?

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 6 years ago by MattfromPA.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
sweet404peaches's avatar - maren
Atlanta, GA
United States
Member #91636
May 21, 2010
2449 Posts
Posted: June 23, 2010, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

They ain't supposed to be sending the winning tickets to certain areas but sometimes it sure seems that way. You'd think that every once in a while you'd see an old stumpjumper from my part of the state win something big but it don't happen hardly ever. It's always them dang city slickers.

You know here in the city we feel the exact opposite...the money is always in the country!

New York,
    Panama
    Member #73078
    April 4, 2009
    3490 Posts
    Posted: June 23, 2010, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

Just curious about how often everyone plays instant scratch off games?  Do you play a set dollar amount every day or week?  or do you play only when you feel lucky?

I've seen some other responses in this forum about people buying an entire role of tickets or large bunches of tickets....has anyone had success doing this?

I'm trying to understand how everyone plays, what works and what doesn't.

DaveH3, This woman Plays...O...Nothing....Nada......Why??!!!  Ok, lets see.... I see a bunch of them

all over the counters of Magazine Stands,

on the side walks like confetti, 

on Park Benches...

stuck in the side of the seats of the Sub-way train.... all over the sub-way steps....

and I say to myself... Scratch off's is not a wonderful world!!!

very discouraging???!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

pcurtis's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
      fayetteville tn
      United States
      Member #68983
      January 3, 2009
      1829 Posts
      Posted: June 24, 2010, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

I dont have a set amount per week, but it probably averages to about 3 or 4$ a week.

Ive been trying to do more like Cutlassbob says: go with the cash 3 or cash 4 games as the odds are better (though at first I figured it wasnt worth the 500 or 5000 payout but it beats seeing the dang words TICKET when you finally do 'win' on a scratcher).

Generally I stick with the $1 or $2 games. I have played them all, up to and including the $20 games and it comes down to how many tickets I would rather buy.

And it does feel very nice to hit 20 or 35 on a $1 ticket. Too few and far between though. And 35 is the most I have won on a $1 -- hoping to findout soon what 500 or more feels like :)

Yeah i have been seeing the word ticket on TN scratchers a lot to. It's either that or nothing at all.

My advice don't play Tn scratchers at all. They suck really bad.

pcurtis's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
        fayetteville tn
        United States
        Member #68983
        January 3, 2009
        1829 Posts
        Posted: June 24, 2010, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

DaveH3, This woman Plays...O...Nothing....Nada......Why??!!!  Ok, lets see.... I see a bunch of them

all over the counters of Magazine Stands,

on the side walks like confetti, 

on Park Benches...

stuck in the side of the seats of the Sub-way train.... all over the sub-way steps....

and I say to myself... Scratch off's is not a wonderful world!!!

very discouraging???!!

The state lotteries should have to pay the bill for cleaning them up.

FLORIDA
          United States
          Member #93473
          June 30, 2010
          68 Posts
          Posted: June 30, 2010, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

i just started playing 2 and 3 dollar tickets, i usually spend between 10 and 20 per day i only play two specific games recently winning 150

SE PA
            United States
            Member #93582
            July 3, 2010
            1866 Posts
            Posted: July 10, 2010, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

I like to play, but I'm careful not to overdo. The state puts a lot of losers in there, so I'm not going to feed them too much. It seems my Big Winner Spectacular luck is over. Three losers today. Even though I got 3 $100s in two days and some $10 and $15 winners, I'll take a break if I lose again tomorrow.