Welcome Guest
You last visited September 23, 2017, 6:53 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What do you people think of this??

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 7 years ago by THRUST.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
victorl3ichiban's avatar - georgemichael
san jose
United States
Member #53761
July 20, 2007
277 Posts
Posted: May 28, 2010, 4:11 am - IP Logged

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26350662/

CA
    United States
    Member #84266
    December 26, 2009
    410 Posts
    Posted: May 28, 2010, 5:03 am - IP Logged

Very interesting indeed. I don't see why he need a patent though. If his "formula" really works, all he has to do is keep it to himself and keep playing until he is satisfied with however much money he wins.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      20130 Posts
      Posted: May 28, 2010, 6:39 am - IP Logged

The story of the Adamson 4 winning tickets was updated Aug 22, 2008 so if they had developed a formula for picking winning lottery numbers that was better than any other way of picking numbers, we would have heard about them several times since then.  Some LP members use formulas or systems to pick their numbers so that's not unique.  However winning a lottery is unique regardless of how the numbers are picked.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning one * 

Evil Looking       

NASHVILLE, TENN
        United States
        Member #33372
        February 20, 2006
        1044 Posts
        Posted: May 28, 2010, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

I wonder which Wisconsin game they were playing?  I can only assume the game was the Badger 5.

Here is a possible senario for that game.  If you had a way of getting 3 to 4 numbers right for each and every draw, it would behoove you to 1) fill out one set of play slips and 2) go to several different stores playing the same set of play slips.

After the draw, return to those stores to collect your lower tier prizes.  In this case the circumstances makes the outcome appear that they had inadvertantly picked the correct 5 numbers.  Thus, they had four winning tickets. 

But I do not see a P5 game paying off the way this one did.  So I wonder, which game were they playing?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: May 28, 2010, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

I didn't click on the link when I saw it was MSNBC.

I was afraid I'd see Keith Olbermann and start projectile vomiting.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #74096
            May 2, 2009
            23407 Posts
            Posted: May 28, 2010, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

I didn't click on the link when I saw it was MSNBC.

I was afraid I'd see Keith Olbermann and start projectile vomiting.

...just the name alone does it for me...

Norfolk,VA
              United States
              Member #83225
              December 2, 2009
              757 Posts
              Posted: May 29, 2010, 5:00 am - IP Logged

thats kinda amazing if you ask me.......

''YOU CAN PAY FOR SCHOOL BUT, YOU CAN'T BUY CLASS''Thumbs Up

Milwaukee, WI
                United States
                Member #3131
                December 27, 2003
                665 Posts
                Posted: May 29, 2010, 6:11 am - IP Logged

A woman and her husband, who claims he's developed a formula for lottery picks,

From the article:

All four were purchased at different locations, but with the same numbers and for the same drawing. 

So in reality, they had the lucky numbers ONCE. Hardly a pattern.

Now if they had won in 4 different drawings that would be different.

MarkP

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #22395
                  September 24, 2005
                  1583 Posts
                  Posted: May 29, 2010, 6:55 am - IP Logged

That could be Mega Think Tank's real name?  He could have played in Wisconsin to throw everyone off!

ROFL

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    20130 Posts
                    Posted: May 29, 2010, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

A woman and her husband, who claims he's developed a formula for lottery picks,

From the article:

All four were purchased at different locations, but with the same numbers and for the same drawing. 

So in reality, they had the lucky numbers ONCE. Hardly a pattern.

Now if they had won in 4 different drawings that would be different.

MarkP

If you do a search of such claims you will find quite a few lottery winners claimed to had a system for picking their winning numbers.  Just as in this case many of them played the same combination several times which didn't increase their winnings since jackpots are shared equally among all the winning tickets.  This method of play pays off best when they miss winning the jackpot by a number as when 110 winners match 5+0 in the PowerBall fortune cookie incident.  If they all had matched 5+1 and had to split the jackpot 110 ways, someone would have been disappointed.

The one thing all these cases have in common is you never hear of the same person winning another jackpot of that game again which make me think their win was due more to luck than their system.  Even Brad Duke of Idaho who's dream was to become a billionaire after winning a PB jackpot of $220M in 2007 hasn't shown up again after claiming his system helped him win that jackpot.

Evil Looking       

CA
                      United States
                      Member #84266
                      December 26, 2009
                      410 Posts
                      Posted: May 29, 2010, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

If I won the $220 million I wouldn't need to play again.

Buying more than 1 ticket with the same numbers doesn't increase your chances of winning but if it's the winning numbers you would get more of the prize.

Here's an example:

The jack pot is $200 million

Person A bought 3 of the same ticket and person B bought only 1 like most people would.

Person A would get $150 million and Person B will only get $50 million instead of splitting the jack pot evenly.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        20130 Posts
                        Posted: May 29, 2010, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

If I won the $220 million I wouldn't need to play again.

Buying more than 1 ticket with the same numbers doesn't increase your chances of winning but if it's the winning numbers you would get more of the prize.

Here's an example:

The jack pot is $200 million

Person A bought 3 of the same ticket and person B bought only 1 like most people would.

Person A would get $150 million and Person B will only get $50 million instead of splitting the jack pot evenly.

If you had a goal of being a billionaire and had already won a $220M lottery jackpot once using your system as Brad Duke had then you would probably try again when the jackpot got that size.  Even the best financial adviser would be hard pressed to come up with an easier way to turn $1 into $200M.

Evil Looking       

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                          Beautiful Florida
                          United States
                          Member #5709
                          July 18, 2004
                          20928 Posts
                          Posted: May 29, 2010, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

I wonder which Wisconsin game they were playing?  I can only assume the game was the Badger 5.

Here is a possible senario for that game.  If you had a way of getting 3 to 4 numbers right for each and every draw, it would behoove you to 1) fill out one set of play slips and 2) go to several different stores playing the same set of play slips.

After the draw, return to those stores to collect your lower tier prizes.  In this case the circumstances makes the outcome appear that they had inadvertantly picked the correct 5 numbers.  Thus, they had four winning tickets. 

But I do not see a P5 game paying off the way this one did.  So I wonder, which game were they playing?

Verlyn and Judith Adamson claimed two $350,000 jackpots on Monday because each held a winning ticket in the state SuperCash drawing last Saturday. They didn't mention at the time that they also held two more of the winning tickets.

The Game was Super Cash...!

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

CA
                            United States
                            Member #84266
                            December 26, 2009
                            410 Posts
                            Posted: May 29, 2010, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

True. But I don't need to be a billionarie. That's just excessive for 1 person to have that much money.

Milwaukee, WI
                              United States
                              Member #3131
                              December 27, 2003
                              665 Posts
                              Posted: May 29, 2010, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

which didn't increase their winnings since jackpots are shared equally among all the winning tickets.

Not in this game. Each player gets $350,000 jackpot.  I believe that it is guaranteed up to 20 prizes per night.

MarkP