Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 12:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What do you people think of this??

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 6 years ago by THRUST.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Milwaukee, WI
United States
Member #3131
December 27, 2003
665 Posts
Posted: May 29, 2010, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

I wonder which Wisconsin game they were playing?  I can only assume the game was the Badger 5.

Here is a possible senario for that game.  If you had a way of getting 3 to 4 numbers right for each and every draw, it would behoove you to 1) fill out one set of play slips and 2) go to several different stores playing the same set of play slips.

After the draw, return to those stores to collect your lower tier prizes.  In this case the circumstances makes the outcome appear that they had inadvertantly picked the correct 5 numbers.  Thus, they had four winning tickets. 

But I do not see a P5 game paying off the way this one did.  So I wonder, which game were they playing?

> Verlyn and Judith Adamson claimed two $350,000 jackpots on Monday because each held

>a winning ticket in the state SuperCash drawing last Saturday

http://wilottery.com/lottogames/supercash.aspx

MarkP

Milwaukee, WI
    United States
    Member #3131
    December 27, 2003
    665 Posts
    Posted: May 29, 2010, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

Buying more than 1 ticket with the same numbers doesn't increase your chances of winning

>but if it's the winning numbers you would get more of the prize.

Not in this game.

The jackpot is $350,000 cash. Have 10 winning sets get $3,500,000.

Guaranteed to 20 jackpots, after that it goes parimutual....

* If there are more than 20 winning plays for top prize, $7,000,000 is shared equally among winning plays.

http://wilottery.com/lottogames/scashinfo.asp

4 x $350,000=$1,400,000 is what they got.

MarkP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19816 Posts
      Posted: May 30, 2010, 12:56 am - IP Logged

which didn't increase their winnings since jackpots are shared equally among all the winning tickets.

Not in this game. Each player gets $350,000 jackpot.  I believe that it is guaranteed up to 20 prizes per night.

MarkP

That explains the logic of them buying several tickets with the same combination.  Ohio use to have a similar game Buckeye5 which paid a top prize of $100K for multiple winners up to $1M.  Before it ended, one top prize winner bought 20 tickets with same combination and was expecting to get $2M.  He not only didn't get the $2M but he had to share the $1M with another winner.  He sued Ohio Lottery claiming he wasn't aware of the $1M cap even though it was printed on the back of the play slip, he lost.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Milwaukee, WI
        United States
        Member #3131
        December 27, 2003
        665 Posts
        Posted: May 30, 2010, 4:08 am - IP Logged

That explains the logic of them buying several tickets with the same combination.  Ohio use to have a similar game Buckeye5 which paid a top prize of $100K for multiple winners up to $1M.  Before it ended, one top prize winner bought 20 tickets with same combination and was expecting to get $2M.  He not only didn't get the $2M but he had to share the $1M with another winner.  He sued Ohio Lottery claiming he wasn't aware of the $1M cap even though it was printed on the back of the play slip, he lost.

So he won $909K a nice payday.

Am I going to have to split the $76,000,000 after tax payout on Wed?

And OH, am I going to cry about the taxes!

MarkP

Milwaukee, WI
          United States
          Member #3131
          December 27, 2003
          665 Posts
          Posted: May 30, 2010, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

Well I got inspired and created a double ticket for a possible $700,000.

Norfolk,VA
            United States
            Member #83225
            December 2, 2009
            757 Posts
            Posted: June 9, 2010, 2:48 am - IP Logged

True. But I don't need to be a billionarie. That's just excessive for 1 person to have that much money.

Call me greedy or whatever....but you can never have enough MONEY.....

''YOU CAN PAY FOR SCHOOL BUT, YOU CAN'T BUY CLASS''Thumbs Up

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7295 Posts
              Posted: June 9, 2010, 11:21 am - IP Logged

If you do a search of such claims you will find quite a few lottery winners claimed to had a system for picking their winning numbers.  Just as in this case many of them played the same combination several times which didn't increase their winnings since jackpots are shared equally among all the winning tickets.  This method of play pays off best when they miss winning the jackpot by a number as when 110 winners match 5+0 in the PowerBall fortune cookie incident.  If they all had matched 5+1 and had to split the jackpot 110 ways, someone would have been disappointed.

The one thing all these cases have in common is you never hear of the same person winning another jackpot of that game again which make me think their win was due more to luck than their system.  Even Brad Duke of Idaho who's dream was to become a billionaire after winning a PB jackpot of $220M in 2007 hasn't shown up again after claiming his system helped him win that jackpot.

"If they all had matched 5+1 and had to split the jackpot 110 ways, someone would have been disappointed."

That pretty much sums up what would happen if there was a system that could consistantly win jackpots. The jackpots would never exceed $50 million and would be split so many ways, the winners would be lucky if they collected $50,000.

On January 5, 1985 there were 15 winning tickets on a $2,689,920 Ohio Lotto jackpot; each paying $180,000 and before they changed the 6/44 matrix, it was uncommon to see only 1 winning ticket.

Milwaukee, WI
                United States
                Member #3131
                December 27, 2003
                665 Posts
                Posted: June 9, 2010, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

On January 5, 1985 there were 15 winning tickets on a $2,689,920 Ohio Lotto jackpot; each paying $180,000

That is why they played this game.  They pay up to 20 full jackpots.

MarkP

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
                  Member #88435
                  March 16, 2010
                  397 Posts
                  Posted: June 9, 2010, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

Call me greedy or whatever....but you can never have enough MONEY.....

This is true...you never know what might come up. It isn't greedy.

$1,000,000