Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Site Updated Today

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 6 years ago by jrosina.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23260 Posts
Posted: June 5, 2010, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

I'm happy to announce that I installed the latest site update this morning (Saturday, June 5), and after a few initial kinks, everything should be working smoothly again.

The biggest changes involve searching the site and the premium mobile editions.

The list of changes include:

• Added "All" tab to the Search page, to globally search the site using Google as a search engine.  All other tabs on the Search page are still there and available for in-depth searching.  Google tends to highlight more recent posts and entries, so for detailed searches that stretch back through time, you may want to use the other search tabs.  Also, Google obviously does not have access to your private message folders, so you'll need to use the normal Private Message search tab for that. 
  • Added a Search box to the top-right position of every page on the site, providing instant access to global site searching from every page.  That's something I've been itching to add for years.
  • Stability improvements to premium mobile editions of Lottery Post (iPhone, Android, and webOS editions).  I changed all of the underlying technologies, which will provide a better platform for future features and content for premium mobile devices.
  • Added better "Web App" support for iPhone edition including a nice loading screen.  (I really like the way the loading screen came out when viewed on an iPhone.)  For Web App support on an iPhone, go to the LP on your iPhone, click the "+" (Add Bookmark) button at the bottom of the screen, and then click Add to Home Screen.  I'd recommend changing the default title to "Lottery Post" instead of the lengthy title suggested.  Once the icon is on your Home Screen, click the Home Screen icon instead of opening LP from within Safari.
  • Changed all the main RSS feeds to use FeedBurner for better support in more types of readers.  If you currently subscribe to any of the RSS feeds listed on the RSS page, please update your links to the new ones shown there.
  • Enhanced detection in Browser Compatibility Test page to detect premium mobile devices (like iPhone, Android, etc.), and eliminated screen size detection.  With the popularity of premium mobile devices like iPhone and Android, screen size is much less important than it used to be.
  • Moved all videos for news stories to a cloud-based edge streaming solution for fast, consistent delivery of video content.  This increases the costs for Lottery Post, but with all the vast increases in traffic in the past year, it has become a necessity.
  • Changed all videos to MP4 format, and added support for HTML5 video delivery, backwards compatible with all browsers.  This provides support for iPad.
  • Fixed bug in game information for games that don't have a graphical logo.
  • Several other minor bug fixes and improvements.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

New York,
    Panama
    Member #73078
    April 4, 2009
    3490 Posts
    Posted: June 5, 2010, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

I'm happy to announce that I installed the latest site update this morning (Saturday, June 5), and after a few initial kinks, everything should be working smoothly again.

• Added "All" tab to the Search page, to globally search the site using Google as a search engine.  All other tabs on the Search page are still there and available for in-depth searching.  Google tends to highlight more recent posts and entries, so for detailed searches that stretch back through time, you may want to use the other search tabs.  Also, Google obviously does not have access to your private message folders, so you'll need to use the normal Private Message search tab for that. 
    • Added a Search box to the top-right position of every page on the site, providing instant access to global site searching from every page.  That's something I've been itching to add for years.
    • Stability improvements to premium mobile editions of Lottery Post (iPhone, Android, and webOS editions).  I changed all of the underlying technologies, which will provide a better platform for future features and content for premium mobile devices.
    • Added better "Web App" support for iPhone edition including a nice loading screen.  (I really like the way the loading screen came out when viewed on an iPhone.)  For Web App support on an iPhone, go to the LP on your iPhone, click the "+" (Add Bookmark) button at the bottom of the screen, and then click Add to Home Screen.  I'd recommend changing the default title to "Lottery Post" instead of the lengthy title suggested.  Once the icon is on your Home Screen, click the Home Screen icon instead of opening LP from within Safari.
    • Changed all the main RSS feeds to use FeedBurner for better support in more types of readers.  If you currently subscribe to any of the RSS feeds listed on the RSS page, please update your links to the new ones shown there.
    • Enhanced detection in Browser Compatibility Test page to detect premium mobile devices (like iPhone, Android, etc.), and eliminated screen size detection.  With the popularity of premium mobile devices like iPhone and Android, screen size is much less important than it used to be.
    • Moved all videos for news stories to a cloud-based edge streaming solution for fast, consistent delivery of video content.  This increases the costs for Lottery Post, but with all the vast increases in traffic in the past year, it has become a necessity.
    • Changed all videos to MP4 format, and added support for HTML5 video delivery, backwards compatible with all browsers.  This provides support for iPad.

Thanks Todd, "The Mack-Daddy of the Lottery Web Sites". My son understands more of all the features you just mentioned, more than I! 

He thinks you are Cool, too!.

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

ducksafloat's avatar - animal duck.jpg
      Wentzville, Missouri
      United States
      Member #2243
      September 4, 2003
      8495 Posts
      Posted: June 5, 2010, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

ok, don't know much about the feeds, but i did try the ~All~ search, put in a member's name, then i put in a state.  i like ALL that it did pull up.  for me, it creates other avenues 2 journey down!  thanks Todd.

yep, and there goes that word cool again! ;-)

ducksafloat

Rubber DuckMade 2-B Pro$perou$ & Powerful!
      Ya' Gotta Love Thi$ Place! wMim

edge's avatar - waveform

United States
        Member #68609
        December 26, 2008
        2204 Posts
        Posted: June 5, 2010, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

thanks , site runs like a well oiled machine:) working myself to re-purchase platinum membership again, LP brings luck!

ab actu ad posse valet illatio - from the past one can infer the future

tmead's avatar - IBM Watson_Avatar1.jpg
          NEW YORK
          United States
          Member #90464
          April 28, 2010
          735 Posts
          Posted: June 5, 2010, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for keeping the site running smooth Todd. I enjoy the premium membership, I can't tell you how much times it has helped me make smarter wagers. 

Long live LP.

Drum

Blackie's avatar - Norfolk 20Sunrise%20Nov%2016.jpg
            Norfolk , Va
            United States
            Member #4541
            May 2, 2004
            25096 Posts
            Posted: June 5, 2010, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Todd !!!  I just added LP to my IPhone using the + sign , add bookmark  and it is on my app screen now. I just tap it and it goes to LP home.  I used to have to go to bookmarks on the phone and scroll down and find LP then wait for it to load.  Great idea !!!!

Good Luck,

Blackie.                           

pcurtis's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
              fayetteville tn
              United States
              Member #68983
              January 3, 2009
              1829 Posts
              Posted: June 5, 2010, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Todd this site rocks.

My platinum membership expires June 25th and i will

renew it with pleasure. A job well done.

Pcurtis  Sun Smiley

calabs's avatar - bass fret.jpg

United States
                Member #27050
                November 26, 2005
                40272 Posts
                Posted: June 5, 2010, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

Very cool addtions Todd.  The search feature at the top is very useful.  Nice idea!   Now all we need (and you know what's coming next....as he clears his throat).....is a vtrac search engine!  Big Smile

Lep

CutlassBob's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
                  Harrison Township Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #90088
                  April 21, 2010
                  4265 Posts
                  Posted: June 5, 2010, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

Excellent Job Sir.

Thank you very much for your time and resources.

This is the BEST Lottery Site in the Galaxy.

CutlassBob

"You can't handle the truth!" Nicholson.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                    Ringleader
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #81740
                    October 28, 2009
                    40376 Posts
                    Posted: June 5, 2010, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

Very cool addtions Todd.  The search feature at the top is very useful.  Nice idea!   Now all we need (and you know what's coming next....as he clears his throat).....is a vtrac search engine!  Big Smile

I Agree!I Agree!I Agree! vtrac search engine would be cool.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

konane's avatar - wallace
                      Atlanta, GA
                      United States
                      Member #1265
                      March 13, 2003
                      3333 Posts
                      Posted: June 5, 2010, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

New improvements are totally awesome!  Thank you for all your hard work!

Todd rocks!  Party

Good luck to everyone!

Compton California
                        United States
                        Member #13733
                        April 13, 2005
                        51 Posts
                        Posted: June 5, 2010, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

Hey Todd

Thanks for the gadgets and gizmoes you blessed us with for our iPhones...going to get that Platinim status back tonight...you really take care of us

Man you're the Greatest

Thanks again

comptonew

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                          Member #4877
                          May 30, 2004
                          5118 Posts
                          Posted: June 6, 2010, 1:13 am - IP Logged

Hey Todd

Thanks for the gadgets and gizmoes you blessed us with for our iPhones...going to get that Platinim status back tonight...you really take care of us

Man you're the Greatest

Thanks again

comptonew

WOW>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(thank'sssss)....Todd)!!!!

HOW DO U WORK with so MANY wonderfulf>wonderfuldon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(thank'sssss)>Todd!!!!

peoplle>>>>>>>>>>other than the FAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX>>>>>>>>>some one>>LUV'ssssssss>TOOD!!!!

Buford. GA
                            United States
                            Member #4
                            April 19, 2001
                            853 Posts
                            Posted: June 6, 2010, 7:13 am - IP Logged

I can remember back in the early days of this site, what a drastic improvement, all because of Todd's vision of what he desired!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIOJS TODD ON AN AWESOME SITE!!!!!!!

Hurray!

"as long as you win more than you lose...gamblins' not a problem"

Lucky's avatar - hiro horse.jpg
                              Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #20
                              December 20, 2000
                              56966 Posts
                              Posted: June 6, 2010, 7:30 am - IP Logged

Todd - The new improvements are great... Thank you for all you do ! 

Lucky

Good Luck Lep