Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 4:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotto South Will Rise Again...

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 6 years ago by ressuccess.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Should Lotto South Be Revived?

Yes! [ 16 ]  [55.17%]
No. [ 8 ]  [27.59%]
Maybe... [ 5 ]  [17.24%]
Total Valid Votes [ 29 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
Member #4877
May 30, 2004
5124 Posts
Posted: June 16, 2010, 5:28 am - IP Logged

I agree, anything would be better than Win for Life.

I Agree!+++++++++++BRING  LOTTO SOUTH>>>>>>>>BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

even if U have 2 change D name 2 make it sound more "PC "

call it Lotto Mouth>>>>>>>>>>"WE FEED D CHILDREN"  Lurking

call it ?????? >>>>>>>>>>> anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BRING IT BACK

PartyWhite BouncePartyWhite BouncePartyWhite BouncePartyJack-in-the-BoxWhite Bounce

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
    North Dakota
    United States
    Member #13397
    April 5, 2005
    1623 Posts
    Posted: June 16, 2010, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

I read somewhere (when they were making powerball and mega millions available for all states) that they were considering a "regional" jackpot game.  I believe the statement came from Tennessee but I can't remember exactly where I read it.  There were a lot of articles being released from PB and MM along with press releases from individual states at the time so it is likely lost somewhere in the cyberspace archive.  I will try and find it.  I remember it because I got a little excited.  (More so than knowing I could play both MM and PB in the same state.)

How are you going to win if you don't play?

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
      North Dakota
      United States
      Member #13397
      April 5, 2005
      1623 Posts
      Posted: June 16, 2010, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

I found it!!!  Here it is.  I knew I saw it somewhere.  Odds are pretty slim; however, there is a chance.

Nov. 5, 2009, 2:27 p.m.

Tennessee

Current affiliation:  Powerball
      Will cross-sell:  Yes
      Responded to Lottery Post:  No

From local media reports:

The Tennessee Lottery will start selling tickets to the multi-stateMega Millions game early next year and eliminate the in-state LottoPlus game.

Adding Mega Millions, which is similar to Powerball, is expected toboost profits for education by $10 million to $15 million over 12months.  If implemented in early 2010, it likely will raise about$6 million for education before this fiscal year ends, said Andy Davis,the lottery's chief financial and information systems officer.

Doing away with Lotto Plus was a matter of logistics since winningnumbers for Lotto Plus, one of the lottery's newer instate jackpotgames, are drawn on Tuesday and Fridays, the same nights as MegaMillions, Tennessee Lottery CEO Rebbecca Hargrove said.  Also, LottoPlus turned out just $4.8 million in profits for education last year,far less than what Mega Millions is expected to generate, she said.

In addition to improving profits, cross-selling games could make iteasier for national retail chains that want to sell lottery tickets andcould be a step toward a national lottery game, which is targeted for2012, Hargrove said.

Had the lottery groups decided not to proceed with dual sales,Tennessee and five other Southern states were primed to launch LottoSouth, a regional jackpot game, which could still launch at a latertime, Hargrove said.  Discussions about Lotto South are being conductedwith North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Virginia and Kentucky.

My suggestion...  Send those five states an email and voice your support.  It hasn't worked in the past but it doesn't hurt to try.  Be sure to mention odds and how you would like a multimillion dollar jackpot every night of the week.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

United States
        Member #4877
        May 30, 2004
        5124 Posts
        Posted: June 23, 2010, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

I found it!!!  Here it is.  I knew I saw it somewhere.  Odds are pretty slim; however, there is a chance.

Nov. 5, 2009, 2:27 p.m.

Tennessee

Current affiliation:  Powerball
        Will cross-sell:  Yes
        Responded to Lottery Post:  No

From local media reports:

The Tennessee Lottery will start selling tickets to the multi-stateMega Millions game early next year and eliminate the in-state LottoPlus game.

Adding Mega Millions, which is similar to Powerball, is expected toboost profits for education by $10 million to $15 million over 12months.  If implemented in early 2010, it likely will raise about$6 million for education before this fiscal year ends, said Andy Davis,the lottery's chief financial and information systems officer.

Doing away with Lotto Plus was a matter of logistics since winningnumbers for Lotto Plus, one of the lottery's newer instate jackpotgames, are drawn on Tuesday and Fridays, the same nights as MegaMillions, Tennessee Lottery CEO Rebbecca Hargrove said.  Also, LottoPlus turned out just $4.8 million in profits for education last year,far less than what Mega Millions is expected to generate, she said.

In addition to improving profits, cross-selling games could make iteasier for national retail chains that want to sell lottery tickets andcould be a step toward a national lottery game, which is targeted for2012, Hargrove said.

Had the lottery groups decided not to proceed with dual sales,Tennessee and five other Southern states were primed to launch LottoSouth, a regional jackpot game, which could still launch at a latertime, Hargrove said.  Discussions about Lotto South are being conductedwith North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Virginia and Kentucky.

My suggestion...  Send those five states an email and voice your support.  It hasn't worked in the past but it doesn't hurt to try.  Be sure to mention odds and how you would like a multimillion dollar jackpot every night of the week.

UR post woke me ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!

thank's 4-UR research>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!

let's call the new game........"Mouth of D South"!!!!!!!

TT will cum back 2 D ATL.....e-mail UR state lottery

(we shall feed D chillion) buffalo burger's>>>>>>!!!!!

not macnugget's XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!

thank's>>>>>>>>TED>>cum back 2 D ATL$$$$$$$!

u'svt

PSYKO

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5124 Posts
          Posted: June 26, 2010, 2:49 am - IP Logged

Win For Life replaced Lotto South which ended in 2006. Win For Life is horrible because no cash option and they should save the $1000 a week for life game for scratchers. I think Lotto South should be brought back the 6/49 game with jackpot starting at $2,000,000 just like before.

States like VA, NC, SC, GA, KY, TN could all benefit from this.

Thumbs Up

thank'$$$$$$$$$$$$$$THRUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I adderested >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>this subject year's ago>>>>>!!!!

IT was IS a "GREAT" game>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>THANK>>>>>UUUUUUUUUUU!!!

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
            Member #93164
            June 23, 2010
            1325 Posts
            Posted: June 29, 2010, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

My vote is no because most Lotto South states have Mega Millions and Powerball.