Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:36 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Poll: All games, number selection

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Hermanus104.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

What is your most common method of number selection?

A workout I've developed [ 18 ]  [36.00%]
Someone else's workout I use [ 4 ]  [8.00%]
LP Predictions [ 2 ]  [4.00%]
Quick Picks from LP [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Quick Picks at the terminal [ 9 ]  [18.00%]
Horoscopes [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I have a set or sets of numbers I always play [ 9 ]  [18.00%]
Playing cards [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Roulette game [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Other [ 8 ]  [16.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 50 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10344 Posts
Posted: June 10, 2010, 2:58 am - IP Logged

What is your most common method of mumber selction? This goes for all games, Pick 3 to 5 + 1's and in betwen.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: June 10, 2010, 3:06 am - IP Logged

I have a set of numbers that I always play and I supplement them with QP's and hunch numbers from various and ever-changing sources and of course the ones the voices give me.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
      Member #91941
      May 28, 2010
      113 Posts
      Posted: June 10, 2010, 3:39 am - IP Logged

for Powerball i use the PB to call the 2nd number then pick the first,middle, last number also use other programs that are used for ball calling that are most commond called out by that number Sometime Real dreams with the number's showing to me or i write them down on paper first before playing.

On pick 3's someone elses workout chart or predictions or use the forums.

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        40293 Posts
        Posted: June 10, 2010, 7:28 am - IP Logged

I track the positions of the numbers in the 3 digit, I start over every 30 drawings or so, if a sum like 13 hasn't been out for more than say 20 draws I'll play by sum. pb I just guess and hope for the best.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
          Member #47420
          November 4, 2006
          3930 Posts
          Posted: June 10, 2010, 7:46 am - IP Logged

tiggs always plays 1-7-12-18-23-26.............Plus like ridge "voices"all kinds of "voices" ever since tiggs can remember "voices"..

sully16's avatar - sharan
            Ringleader
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #81740
            October 28, 2009
            40293 Posts
            Posted: June 10, 2010, 7:54 am - IP Logged

tiggs always plays 1-7-12-18-23-26.............Plus like ridge "voices"all kinds of "voices" ever since tiggs can remember "voices"..

pb? mm? or both ?

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
              Member #47420
              November 4, 2006
              3930 Posts
              Posted: June 10, 2010, 7:56 am - IP Logged

pb? mm? or both ?

All..PB MM Cashball Win For Life 3 Line Lotto...Also always play st/bx 472 and 217..plus a few others..

johngreek's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
                Patras,Achaia,Greece
                Greece
                Member #91329
                May 15, 2010
                42 Posts
                Posted: June 10, 2010, 9:13 am - IP Logged

i play a combination

1.QP terminal

2 QP from a atmospheric noise RNG

3 numbers from dreams and numbers that i think they will win from intuition

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #55889
                  October 23, 2007
                  5588 Posts
                  Posted: June 11, 2010, 11:23 am - IP Logged

Sometimes I use LP's RNG. I also have pennies that are numbered and I just draw them out of a cup at random.

I used to play numbers based on positional frequency, but after 4 or 5 years of that I'm just going with random picks.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                    Santa Ana
                    United States
                    Member #71159
                    February 20, 2009
                    651 Posts
                    Posted: June 13, 2010, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

To continue playing my same set of numbers until they hit--which they will very soon!!!Banana

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                      Idaho
                      United States
                      Member #56506
                      November 21, 2007
                      6537 Posts
                      Posted: June 15, 2010, 1:19 am - IP Logged

Most often, I tend to just look at the past 5 to 10 drawings and see what is hot or cold and choose my numbers that way. Sometimes, I play sets of numbers in get in dreams or just get quick picks if I don't feel like choosing numbers.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19816 Posts
                        Posted: June 15, 2010, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

I use a combination profile to pick numbers randomly from the whole number pool.  I do a workout to come up with the profile.  For example for the next PowerBall drawing I will develop a profile that cover 95% of the combinations drawn in the last 150 drawings since its last matrix change.  I will also check those selections with all the past drawings associated with the game since no combination of five has ever repeated.  Depending on the numbers of lines I'm playing or the number of bonus numbers I need I will pick them using their repeat frequencies or their frequencies in general and combine them with the combination of five which has the least numbers that have been with that bonus number in previous drawings.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7295 Posts
                          Posted: June 15, 2010, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

I use a very complicated system that involves using sums, even/odd and high/low distribution, consecutive numbers, decades, positional, paired with, spreads, frequency, and repeat numbers from the last four drawings. Then I place the numbers into a sophicated compound wheel, double and triple check for errors, and reach into my desk drawer for the play slips I forgot to get.

When I go to the store for more play slips, I only have about 10 minutes to get my tickets so I usually ask for 10 QPs with powerplay.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10344 Posts
                            Posted: June 15, 2010, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

I use a very complicated system that involves using sums, even/odd and high/low distribution, consecutive numbers, decades, positional, paired with, spreads, frequency, and repeat numbers from the last four drawings. Then I place the numbers into a sophicated compound wheel, double and triple check for errors, and reach into my desk drawer for the play slips I forgot to get.

When I go to the store for more play slips, I only have about 10 minutes to get my tickets so I usually ask for 10 QPs with powerplay.

Great post, hilarious!

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19816 Posts
                              Posted: June 15, 2010, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

Sometimes when I start picking numbers too late to finish in time to play, I've been tempted to buy some QPs but I usually skip playing.  Once in a while Rolling Cash5 has a nice size jackpot but because it's a daily game, I have to decide if I want to play fairly early because it has had nearly 1950 drawings and that's a lot of drawings to check before playing so I usually don't get around to playing it.

I've alway kept a supply of play slips for the games I play even when I was traveling to Indiana to play PowerBall.  Buying QPs just takes the fun out of playing for me.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking