Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Poll: All games, number selection

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Hermanus104.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

What is your most common method of number selection?

A workout I've developed [ 18 ]  [36.00%]
Someone else's workout I use [ 4 ]  [8.00%]
LP Predictions [ 2 ]  [4.00%]
Quick Picks from LP [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Quick Picks at the terminal [ 9 ]  [18.00%]
Horoscopes [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I have a set or sets of numbers I always play [ 9 ]  [18.00%]
Playing cards [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Roulette game [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Other [ 8 ]  [16.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 50 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10344 Posts
Posted: June 15, 2010, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

Mostly I play a Pick 5 and just "go with the percentages" and play quick picks.

Ironically, on the times I do have numbers in mind to play, when I get to the lotto counter, guess which playslips aren't there.

I know the clerks can punch in the numbers you tell them, but usually I take the lack of the playslips as an omen and ask for a QP.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
    West Side of Sunny Florida
    United States
    Member #55048
    September 8, 2007
    3371 Posts
    Posted: June 16, 2010, 7:12 am - IP Logged

I have a set of numbers that I always play and I supplement them with QP's and hunch numbers from various and ever-changing sources and of course the ones the voices give me.

I do the same only I don't have 'voices' in my head.  Crazy

I also take some of the suggestions here on LP.

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10344 Posts
      Posted: June 16, 2010, 10:28 am - IP Logged

The voices.......

Norman, it's mother, Norman......

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19816 Posts
        Posted: June 16, 2010, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

Mostly I play a Pick 5 and just "go with the percentages" and play quick picks.

Ironically, on the times I do have numbers in mind to play, when I get to the lotto counter, guess which playslips aren't there.

I know the clerks can punch in the numbers you tell them, but usually I take the lack of the playslips as an omen and ask for a QP.

At some stores that isn't alway true.  I seen stores with sign saying "make out play slips if you are not buying Quick Picks and the other day I was standing in lines with other customers who were only buying gas when a lady pulled out a list of numbers she wanted the clerk to punch in and the clerk politely told her she didn't have time and she would have to make out play slips.

In Ohio, if you liked the numbers on your old tickets regardless of how they were picked, the terminal will print a new ticket with the same numbers.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10344 Posts
          Posted: June 16, 2010, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

RJOh,

Around here it seems to be a store by store thing. There's a liquor store that actually hides the playslips behind a poster for a beer, I guess they consider lottery a bother.

Then there's a gas station / convenience store called Moto Mart that asks everybody if they want to take a shot at tonight's jackpot. They even post each jackpot amount.

One time a maniac from a church got all over the clerk because she asked him if he wanted a lotery ticket. He went off on her and demanded to see her supervisor. The supervisor very calmly ytole the guy, "I'm her supervisor and her job is to ask everybody that comes to the register if they want to take a shot at the lottery."

There's also a grocery store that posts a sign at the service counter telling Pick 3 players to fill out a playslip if playing more than three numbers.

I wish Illinois had that read your ticket play it again feature that you mentioned but usually we're lucky if the scanner to check your tickets is even working.

Lep

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
            West Side of Sunny Florida
            United States
            Member #55048
            September 8, 2007
            3371 Posts
            Posted: June 16, 2010, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

RJOh,

Around here it seems to be a store by store thing. There's a liquor store that actually hides the playslips behind a poster for a beer, I guess they consider lottery a bother.

Then there's a gas station / convenience store called Moto Mart that asks everybody if they want to take a shot at tonight's jackpot. They even post each jackpot amount.

One time a maniac from a church got all over the clerk because she asked him if he wanted a lotery ticket. He went off on her and demanded to see her supervisor. The supervisor very calmly ytole the guy, "I'm her supervisor and her job is to ask everybody that comes to the register if they want to take a shot at the lottery."

There's also a grocery store that posts a sign at the service counter telling Pick 3 players to fill out a playslip if playing more than three numbers.

I wish Illinois had that read your ticket play it again feature that you mentioned but usually we're lucky if the scanner to check your tickets is even working.

"There's also a grocery store that posts a sign at the service counter telling Pick 3 players to fill out a playslip if playing more than three numbers."

In NY they have started to install vending machines for scratchers, AND ALL Lottery games.  Many stores now make you use them and will NOT sell any over the counter.  The machines suck.  The tickets print out just below your knee, and there is no 'catch' for the tickets so if you don't grab them as they come out they just fall on the floor.  The scratchers have a nice 'catch' at the bottom?? 

If NY doesn't make these better they are going to see a strange trend.  Everyone will go to the FEW stores that sell over the counter and don't use the machines.

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

New York,
              Panama
              Member #73078
              April 4, 2009
              3490 Posts
              Posted: June 17, 2010, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

"There's also a grocery store that posts a sign at the service counter telling Pick 3 players to fill out a playslip if playing more than three numbers."

In NY they have started to install vending machines for scratchers, AND ALL Lottery games.  Many stores now make you use them and will NOT sell any over the counter.  The machines suck.  The tickets print out just below your knee, and there is no 'catch' for the tickets so if you don't grab them as they come out they just fall on the floor.  The scratchers have a nice 'catch' at the bottom?? 

If NY doesn't make these better they are going to see a strange trend.  Everyone will go to the FEW stores that sell over the counter and don't use the machines.

I already do, Later for the Machine thing!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                San Angelo, Texas
                United States
                Member #1097
                January 31, 2003
                1394 Posts
                Posted: June 17, 2010, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

I use a self-developed strategy I call Gap Strategy for all games, except for Pick 4 (too many doubles).

Basically, the procedure provides 3 choices for each number group. I then use other data to make my choices (guesses).

The strategy is not a number generator per se, although there is component that suggests which

number groups to play.

edge's avatar - waveform

United States
                  Member #68609
                  December 26, 2008
                  2204 Posts
                  Posted: June 19, 2010, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

a) set sequence (but play very rarely)

b) "mind numbers" (recently)

the only time I ever won money is with b) with a) I suffer from timing problem, a) is also costly, b) can help a)  (answered poll "Other")

ab actu ad posse valet illatio - from the past one can infer the future

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                    Northern Virginia
                    United States
                    Member #83350
                    December 5, 2009
                    1313 Posts
                    Posted: June 19, 2010, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

I pick numbers that have seemed to be hitting a lot. Georgia's been getting a lot of 6s, 8s, and 9s over the past few days. So, I would play 689 any order tomorrow if I played every day.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!