Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How/When Do You Check Your Tickets?

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 6 years ago by weshar75.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
ttech10's avatar - blobdude
Texas
United States
Member #92330
June 5, 2010
887 Posts
Posted: June 10, 2010, 3:02 am - IP Logged

As the title says, how/when do you check yournumbers/tickets? At the store, on the games website, watching the livedraw, the paper, etc. and also when do you check them (i.e.; later that night,a few days later, the next day, right when they're drawn, etc)?

Had this thought after reading through some lotto winner storiesand the people say they didn't realize until a few days later, sometimes up to weeks,that they had the winning numbers. I can't understand how many people,especially when they have the winning ticket sold in their town, can go so longwithout looking at their numbers to see if they won or not.

I usually check that night or the next morning. I go onthe Texas Lottery site and see if there were any high number winnings. I've never had any of the top prizes so after seeing I didn't win I just leave the tickets in my glovebox. I imagine whenever there is a winner in Texas from either the PB/MM I'll get pretty excited, then potentially let down if it isn't my numbers.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #74096
    May 2, 2009
    22934 Posts
    Posted: June 10, 2010, 11:13 am - IP Logged

I check mine at the latest, the next morning. I don't buy some people finding that winning ticket in the nick of time. It may have something to do

with publicity issues - being exposed and out in the open, rather than just getting lucky and finding it with, sometimes hours to go.

Maybe those issues include something to hide (or hide from)...? An ex, a colorful past, a troubled past..a trouble financial past..?

It's always amazing to me to read about someone waiting so long to claim their prize.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: June 10, 2010, 11:38 am - IP Logged

I try to check them in the morning prior to getting bombed out of my skull for the day.

It's an enjoyable daily ritual for me. I have the windows open, there's always a cool breeze coming up the holler and blowing through, squirrels and rabbits scampering about, songbirds singing and chirping... The only other sound is that of my shotgun blasting. Them dam birds never shut up.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

buttercake's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg

United Kingdom
        Member #70550
        February 5, 2009
        120 Posts
        Posted: June 10, 2010, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

rdgrnr you are so funny.

I check my ticket 3-4 days later

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
          Whiskey Island
          United States
          Member #90216
          April 24, 2010
          12741 Posts
          Posted: June 10, 2010, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

I check my tickets with the live draw and state web site....Don't trust retailers .........................

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
            adelaide sa
            Australia
            Member #37136
            April 11, 2006
            3300 Posts
            Posted: June 10, 2010, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

as soon as they hit the net with results, im typing the numbers into my spread sheet checker  and then cursing.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

CA
              United States
              Member #84266
              December 26, 2009
              410 Posts
              Posted: June 10, 2010, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

I check mine on the state lottery site either right after the drawing or a few hours later.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                40511 Posts
                Posted: June 10, 2010, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

I usually check them within a few hours or the next day. once a week I have my husband clean out his glovebox and we check those.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Norfolk,VA
                  United States
                  Member #83225
                  December 2, 2009
                  757 Posts
                  Posted: June 11, 2010, 12:27 am - IP Logged

I try to check them in the morning prior to getting bombed out of my skull for the day.

It's an enjoyable daily ritual for me. I have the windows open, there's always a cool breeze coming up the holler and blowing through, squirrels and rabbits scampering about, songbirds singing and chirping... The only other sound is that of my shotgun blasting. Them dam birds never shut up.

ROFL

''YOU CAN PAY FOR SCHOOL BUT, YOU CAN'T BUY CLASS''Thumbs Up

Norfolk,VA
                    United States
                    Member #83225
                    December 2, 2009
                    757 Posts
                    Posted: June 11, 2010, 12:28 am - IP Logged

I check mine about 10 to 15 min after the drawing online.....

''YOU CAN PAY FOR SCHOOL BUT, YOU CAN'T BUY CLASS''Thumbs Up

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                      Santa Ana
                      United States
                      Member #71159
                      February 20, 2009
                      651 Posts
                      Posted: June 11, 2010, 1:49 am - IP Logged

As the title says, how/when do you check yournumbers/tickets? At the store, on the games website, watching the livedraw, the paper, etc. and also when do you check them (i.e.; later that night,a few days later, the next day, right when they're drawn, etc)?

Had this thought after reading through some lotto winner storiesand the people say they didn't realize until a few days later, sometimes up to weeks,that they had the winning numbers. I can't understand how many people,especially when they have the winning ticket sold in their town, can go so longwithout looking at their numbers to see if they won or not.

I usually check that night or the next morning. I go onthe Texas Lottery site and see if there were any high number winnings. I've never had any of the top prizes so after seeing I didn't win I just leave the tickets in my glovebox. I imagine whenever there is a winner in Texas from either the PB/MM I'll get pretty excited, then potentially let down if it isn't my numbers.

To keep it exciting, I usually don't check the numbers until the next day, either on-line or in the newspaper. Some players, especially new players don't think to check numbers right away or visitors from out of town could buy tickets and take them across state lines and forget all about them.

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                        Miami
                        United States
                        Member #62793
                        July 9, 2008
                        673 Posts
                        Posted: June 11, 2010, 2:03 am - IP Logged

I like to drop them off at the corner store and let the clerk check them whenever he can get to it. He has my number. I'm sure he'll call if I win something.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

bigdaddy's avatar - aviator2 1.jpg
                          BETWEEN OAKRIDGE AND WRIGHT-PATTERSON AFB
                          United States
                          Member #1647
                          June 10, 2003
                          2297 Posts
                          Posted: June 11, 2010, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

i buy about $280.00 in p4 tickets over a week at .50 a pop,redeemed at 5 to 10 differnt stores.usually $400 to 500 a ticket...yes i put multiple wins on 1 ticket mindfull of the $600.00 prize limit.i usually redeem on sunday as i rarely play on monday.

Relax,Bigdaddy has your number!!!!!

Pi is the way...

turning $30 or less into thousands everyday!!

here we go steelers ..here we go---------stairway to seven 

TIME FOR THE LOMBARDI TROPHY TO  COME  HOME..

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19828 Posts
                            Posted: June 11, 2010, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

I pick combinations to play using my computer and copy them to play slips. I save the data to play files which I name to identify the game and date played.  The combinations I pick for tonight MM drawings will be saved to play file "MM061110.lot" so as soon as I update my draw files I can check the play files and highlite any winning numbers and calculate the amounts of any winnings. I will also highlite those winning numbers on my tickets before cashing them or recording and storing them for tax purposes.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: June 11, 2010, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

I like to drop them off at the corner store and let the clerk check them whenever he can get to it. He has my number. I'm sure he'll call if I win something.

LOL Yeah, I've been doing that for years.

I mean afterall, if you can't trust your lottery clerk, who can you trust?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke