Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Quick Pick Or Same Set Of Numbers-Which Is Best For Increasing Your Chances To Win?

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Robmaster7.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19825 Posts
Posted: June 13, 2010, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

ttech10

Hitting a jackpot is luck.

Not hitting anything isn't bad luck, it's just the most likely result.

When it comes to lotteries I think luck is sometimes over rated.  After all lotteries are games of probabilities, you know all the possible out comes before you play, you just have to play the the winning one.  If you play them all, you'll win for sure and if you play only a few of them you probably won't win.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: June 13, 2010, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

In less than a hundred years all of us will be rotting corpses so it really isn't all that important how you do it.

If it's fun and interesting and exciting for you the way you do it then keep doing it that way.

If it's not, then try a different way.

Odds are, no matter which way you do it you're going to lose anyway so don't obsess about it, just dream and have fun.

If you're not having fun any way you do it, you're probably in the wrong hobby.

Try bowling or binge drinking or something. Better yet, try bowling and binge drinking.

There's nothing funnier than watching a drunk bowl.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
      Texas
      United States
      Member #92330
      June 5, 2010
      887 Posts
      Posted: June 13, 2010, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

ttech10

Hitting a jackpot is luck.

Not hitting anything isn't bad luck, it's just the most likely result.

Oh no, I wasn't saying I have bad luck, just that the luck I'm needing has yet to come, haha.

Maryland
        United States
        Member #70949
        February 15, 2009
        28 Posts
        Posted: June 13, 2010, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

I think #3 bulleted point is probably the best. I've been playing 3 sets of numbers since 1989 and have only won about $20 over the 20 years that I've been playing them. Once I saw where 4 of the numbers played and I didn't buy them that week. But, I've checked the archieve lottery winning numbers and saw that the numbers have never won a first or second prize.

United States
          Member #81843
          October 31, 2009
          856 Posts
          Posted: June 14, 2010, 2:53 am - IP Logged

I get the winning numbers when ever I want them the day after the draw. Works every time.

(Bullet # 2)

DD

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
            Northern Virginia
            United States
            Member #83350
            December 5, 2009
            1315 Posts
            Posted: June 19, 2010, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

I think they both have the same odds in winning, since after all, the numbers are chosen at random.

Having said that... QP has been letting me down for a while now. I've been changing up the store I buy them at but that doesn't help either. At the same time, my personally chosen numbers don't do that well either. I guess I'm just unlucky.

I agree. Whether you play the same number for 1,000 draws or if you play 1,000 numbers for 1,000 draws in the Pick-3, you will still probably match the number only one time either way.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

NEW YORK
              United States
              Member #90535
              April 29, 2010
              11978 Posts
              Posted: July 7, 2010, 10:15 am - IP Logged

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING:

• PLAYING THE SAME IDENTICAL SET OF NUMBERS EACH TIME EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME
              • OR CHANGING THE NUMBERS
              • OR DOING A COMBO WITH A REGULAR SET OF NUMBERS AND A QUICK PICK?

I was just wondering the best way to play---PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS!!

THANKS!Lurking

1 QUICK PICK TICKET PER DRAWING. Randomness is a crazy thing, is all about the unexpected.

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                NY State
                United States
                Member #92609
                June 10, 2010
                3701 Posts
                Posted: July 7, 2010, 11:35 am - IP Logged

THANKS!Lurking

Some folks only play QP's, some only play their own personal numbers, some only play numbers they picked and some do a combination of these.  It's just a matter of personal preference.

I play a combination, except I dont have any "personal" numbers.  Regardless of how one chooses to play, here's what bothers me about QP's:  You may get string of numbers that have already won a jackpot in the past.  Think that can't or hasn't happened?  There's no way to positively know, but I'm willing to bet it has happened. You might be able to check your state's archives looking to see if the numbers you got already won a jackpot, but it's too late as you already bought the ticket.  This can also happen to those that manually pick numbers.

As far a playing personal numbers goes, the downside of that is this:  Your set of personal numbers might be  drawn on a day you didn't play them.  That has happened.  I know of someone that it happened to. ( I dont know the person well, I just know who they are.)  While the odd's on this happening are indeed very small, consider this: if winning a jackpot feels fabulous, can you imagine how bad that person feels?

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                  Harbinger
                  D.C./MD.
                  United States
                  Member #44103
                  July 30, 2006
                  5583 Posts
                  Posted: July 7, 2010, 11:50 am - IP Logged

Play your own.

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7308 Posts
                    Posted: July 7, 2010, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

THANKS!Lurking

"PLAYING THE SAME IDENTICAL SET OF NUMBERS EACH TIME EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME"

Each combo out of a set of five self picked combos has exactly the same chance of winning the jackpot as each of five QP combos so the jackpot win potential is exactly the same.

However there are ways where a group of five self picked combos has a better overall chance of winning secondary prizes if those numbers are drawn. Playing a 5/39 pick-5 game by keying three numbers in all five combos will give five two number matchs if any two of those numbers are drawn and five three number matches if all three numbers are drawn.

The big difference I see between playing self picks or QPs is when you don't play. I'll never know if the QPs I didn't buy would have won something or even the jackpot. How long should you play the same combinations; do risk one of them matching the jackpot the night you decide to change them?

United States
                      Member #92551
                      June 9, 2010
                      16 Posts
                      Posted: July 7, 2010, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

I don't think it makes a differance when you're looking for that Jackpot. I think the best way to increase your odds is playing in pool or syndicate. You may have to split the winnings, but if you do hit that jackpot, the dollar amount will still most likely be life changing!