Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 8:41 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are we as individual lottery players irrelevant in the Big lottery picture?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Stack47.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
Texas
United States
Member #86154
January 30, 2010
1654 Posts
Posted: June 14, 2010, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, look at California go with that RNG!!! Just a day or so ago, a pair of the same numbers returned in the SAME positions from one draw to the next. Now, from last night's draw, the same numbers show up, again, in the SAME positions in today's mid-day!!! 

Coincidence? Rigged? Legit? You make the call...

L.L.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
    Santa Ana
    United States
    Member #71159
    February 20, 2009
    651 Posts
    Posted: June 15, 2010, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

I know you were, my point was I like many other lottery players don't pay any attention to the whims of others.

This wasn't a whim, just a simple answer/opinion to an simple question, no more or less.

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7343 Posts
      Posted: June 15, 2010, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

It would certainly be interesting to see what would happen if everyone stopped playing even for a week.

Would they lose money?

If the lottery knew in advance, there would be no need for any drawings so they could layoff some people, tell the girl that announces the numbers on TV she won't be needed and she can go back to doing the weekend weather, be a gofer, or continue to do whatever else she does for the TV station.

Funny thing about lottery players, they might say the won't play for a week, but if you look closely at the last week play slips, you'll notice they have "multi-draw" checked. And my uneducated guess is the volume would more than double the week following the "players sit-down strike" and the lottery would probably make more money than if the strike never happened.