Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 11:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What Prize Do You Focus On?

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Delta Draw.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Which wins do you focus on the most?

My focus is on Jack Pot Wins. [ 10 ]  [25.00%]
My focus is on Lower Tier Wins. [ 9 ]  [22.50%]
Any win is ok with me. [ 21 ]  [52.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 40 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
Monkey Butt, USA
United States
Member #54569
August 23, 2007
1124 Posts
Posted: July 6, 2010, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

In June of 2008, there was a man here in my area that won $50,000 on Pick 3. How do I know? Because the store clerk that sold the tickets told us. How did he know? Because the man came in and cashed in one of the winning tickets and they discussed how he (winner) was going to cash in his tickets.

Are you saying the guy had 100 tickets worth $500 each?  Or can you cash a ticket larger than $600 at a store that sells tickets in Texas?

I believe the man did purchase 100 tickets, because the clerk said each ticket paid out $500 a piece.  Plus all of the tickets were not purchased at one store.

Here in TX anything over $599 you have to make the trip to the lottery center.

All I can say is I look forward to being one of those people who know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the numbers they are purchasing is going to hit on the drawing they purchase the tickets for and have it happen. Good gravy the things I could do if I won on Pick 4 like that.

Anyway, congratulations to that man and anyone who's won.

Monkey Butt, USA
    United States
    Member #54569
    August 23, 2007
    1124 Posts
    Posted: July 6, 2010, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

Low income or no income people can earn just under $10,000 before they have to file taxes. Don’t know about the individual state’s tax laws but that is a Federal outline. In fact, the IRS does not want you to file if you are not eligible.

DD

That's not what I was told when I called the "tax man." In 2005 when pure he*ll was raging in my life, I ended up owing the "tax man" because I failed to report the interest earned on my bank account back in 2001. The over all amount added up to about $16 I think. But anyway, when the IRS decided to jack me, the bill was monsterous. By this time I was not working and the only money I had was in the bank. No other source of income was reported to the IRS except the interest earned on my bank account.

The total amount of interest earned for the year was $.42 and I had to file Federal Income taxes on that money. I called and asked just to make sure that the IRS noose didn't end up tightening around my financial neck again. I didn't get anything back nor did I qualify for earned income credit or anything else but I had to report the $.42 for that year. I ended up having to report the price of a postage stamp that year.

No lie! No joke! No made up story!

The IRS is something else!!

New York,
      Panama
      Member #73078
      April 4, 2009
      3490 Posts
      Posted: July 6, 2010, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

I believe the man did purchase 100 tickets, because the clerk said each ticket paid out $500 a piece.  Plus all of the tickets were not purchased at one store.

Here in TX anything over $599 you have to make the trip to the lottery center.

All I can say is I look forward to being one of those people who know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the numbers they are purchasing is going to hit on the drawing they purchase the tickets for and have it happen. Good gravy the things I could do if I won on Pick 4 like that.

Anyway, congratulations to that man and anyone who's won.

I Agree!Yes sir!! I would Love to be Insulted like that!!! I believe if it's that kind of Insult,  Coin would not mind it either...LOL!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Monkey Butt, USA
        United States
        Member #54569
        August 23, 2007
        1124 Posts
        Posted: July 6, 2010, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

Somebody in my state had 200 tickets worth $500.00 each.

DD

OMG!! OMG!! OMG!! If only that was me in that position.

I promise you that if I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that the numbers about to be played is going to hit in exact order on the drawing I purchase them for, I'd go whole hog and play each combo exact order-$5.00- and I'd drop $2,000 on 400 tickets to net a cool million bucks.

That is provided that the combination doesn't end up being locked out because of too many sales!Green laugh

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
          Northern Virginia
          United States
          Member #83350
          December 5, 2009
          1322 Posts
          Posted: July 6, 2010, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

I play pretty much only the Pick-3, so a jackpot win would be $500 - but I'll take any win I can get.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

Massachusetts
            United States
            Member #78798
            August 21, 2009
            336 Posts
            Posted: July 8, 2010, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

I like mega millions and powerball, when MM was at 336 Million last year that's what got me into it. but the odds for me to win anything relevant are crazy. I still play $1 each mega and PB drawing just to be in it. But now im more focused on pick 3/4 and my states pick 5 game. I just like the better odds.

United States
              Member #81843
              October 31, 2009
              856 Posts
              Posted: July 8, 2010, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

OMG!! OMG!! OMG!! If only that was me in that position.

I promise you that if I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that the numbers about to be played is going to hit in exact order on the drawing I purchase them for, I'd go whole hog and play each combo exact order-$5.00- and I'd drop $2,000 on 400 tickets to net a cool million bucks.

That is provided that the combination doesn't end up being locked out because of too many sales!Green laugh

Any particular reason beside reducing the expense of tickets you would want to know the exact order of the set? The win was on doubles. Luck had nothing to do with the results. You need to know when to hold'm and fold'm.

DD