Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Arizona Pick 5 EXTRA

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 6 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Surprise, Arizona
United States
Member #94083
July 13, 2010
8 Posts
Posted: July 17, 2010, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

Saturday morning, I  purchased one $2.00 “Extra” ticket. The attendant inserted the numbers from a completed 5 table slip. The number 8 matched one of the 5 numbers on the 1st table.

The ticket reveals the following:

EXTRA $1.00

EXTRA

08 - $25

17 - $50

20 - $1

23 - $25

39 - $25

TOTAL = $2.00

“You may choose either the $1 or $2 EXTRA! option. Prize amounts vary based on the purchase price, ranging from $1 to $250 for $1 EXTRA!, and from $2 to $500 for $2 EXTRA!”.

Am I correct when saying since $2.00 was the wager, the $25.00 prize should become $50.00?

Robert

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10348 Posts
    Posted: July 17, 2010, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

Did you play  $1 for the Pick 5 and $1 for the extra, making $2, or $1 for the Pick 5 and $2 for the $2 extra? From your post it sounds like those are the options.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
      Member #47420
      November 4, 2006
      3930 Posts
      Posted: July 17, 2010, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

Saturday morning, I  purchased one $2.00 “Extra” ticket. The attendant inserted the numbers from a completed 5 table slip. The number 8 matched one of the 5 numbers on the 1st table.

The ticket reveals the following:

EXTRA $1.00

EXTRA

08 - $25

17 - $50

20 - $1

23 - $25

39 - $25

TOTAL = $2.00

“You may choose either the $1 or $2 EXTRA! option. Prize amounts vary based on the purchase price, ranging from $1 to $250 for $1 EXTRA!, and from $2 to $500 for $2 EXTRA!”.

Am I correct when saying since $2.00 was the wager, the $25.00 prize should become $50.00?

Robert

tiggs sister lives in Surprise Az and she says they have the worst lottery ever..She said they don't even show the draw on TV is this true?..It is all computer right?..

United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10348 Posts
        Posted: July 18, 2010, 12:26 am - IP Logged

Illinois used to have Extra! on Pick 3 and 4. It worked like this, the ticket was $1 and the Extra was $1, so if you played 124 and the Extra! you'd get something like this:

EVE Straight Box

Extra!

3 6 8

$1 $5 $10

and if any of your number had matched the Extra numbers you'd win that dollar amount.They had to line up, in other words the matching digit had to be in the same order.

Then they dropped Extra! and replaced it with Numbers Now. With that one you got a Pick 3 or 4 "drawing" right there at the terminal. Suppossedely, if you won on it it made the terminal play the lotto jingle and bells and chimes would go off. Every clerk I asked about it said they never once saw anyone win it and never heard the terminal go off like that.

They don't have it anymore.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10348 Posts
          Posted: July 18, 2010, 12:47 am - IP Logged

From the Arizona Lottery site:

EXTRA! is an add-on game that lets you win instantly when you purchasea ticket for Pick 5. All EXTRA! numbers are automatically selected bythe computer.

When you purchase a ticket for The Pick or Pick 5, check the EXTRA! boxon the selection slip or tell the retailer you want to purchase theEXTRA! option. EXTRA! may be played on every board on the ticket withan additional $1 or $2 charge for each board.

You may choose either the $1 or $2 EXTRA! option. Prize amounts varybased on the purchase price, ranging from $1 to $250 for $1 EXTRA!, andfrom $2 to $500 for $2 EXTRA!.

Overall odds of winning an EXTRA! prize are 1 in 3.8.

HOW TO WIN

Match your EXTRA! numbers to the numbers you selected for The Pick orPick 5 drawing. If any of the numbers match, you may claim your prizeimmediately. Match more than one number, and win even more! When theretailer pays your prize, you will receive a replacement ticket withthe same numbers you selected for The Pick or Pick 5 drawing.

Lep

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: July 18, 2010, 12:59 am - IP Logged

Virginia's got it too on the Pick3 but they call it Boost.

For an extra buck you get 5 extra 3 digit numbers on the ticket.

If your number matches one of those exact, you win.

Personally, I ain't never won jack on that. Not even close.

Only played it a couple times. Never again.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Surprise, Arizona
              United States
              Member #94083
              July 13, 2010
              8 Posts
              Posted: July 18, 2010, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

>Did you play  $1 for the Pick 5 and $1 for the extra, making $2, or $1 for the Pick 5 and $2 for the $2 extra? From your post it sounds like those are the options.

To get specific, I played 17 "boards" and $2 EXTRA for a total of $19.  I gave a $20 bill, and received $1 in return.  The board consisted of numbers 03 08 12 24 32 

The mistakes I discovered is the attendent keyed 5 numbers on the EXTRA ticket.  Making an error of keying number 6 instead of number 8.  Number 8 hit, not number 6. $1 for the five numbers, which decreased the value of EXTRA to $1.

I advised the errors, and only received $25.  I contacted the lottery office by email, and requested their position regarding the mess up. 

>tiggs sister lives in Surprise Az and she says they have the worst lottery ever..She said they don't even show the draw on TV is this true?..It is all computer right?

I have not attempted to watch the drawing on TV.  It is displyed on computer.

>When you purchase a ticket for The Pick or Pick 5, check the EXTRA! boxon the selection slip or tell the retailer you want to purchase theEXTRA! option. EXTRA! may be played on every board on the ticket withan additional $1 or $2 charge for each board.

Did that...

Robert

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                Member #47420
                November 4, 2006
                3930 Posts
                Posted: July 18, 2010, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

Virginia's got it too on the Pick3 but they call it Boost.

For an extra buck you get 5 extra 3 digit numbers on the ticket.

If your number matches one of those exact, you win.

Personally, I ain't never won jack on that. Not even close.

Only played it a couple times. Never again.

Have you ever won anything ridge?..Maybe your just a born loser?..tiggs means just look at your avatar...man...

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: July 18, 2010, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

Have you ever won anything ridge?..Maybe your just a born loser?..tiggs means just look at your avatar...man...

Born loser? Yeah probably but it could be worse. I could live in Kentucky.

I have to count my blessings on that one.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke