Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is Lottery it only way to??

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 6 years ago by jwhou.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
victorl3ichiban's avatar - georgemichael
san jose
United States
Member #53761
July 20, 2007
277 Posts
Posted: August 17, 2010, 1:46 am - IP Logged

become rich in this country right now? How many of you believe that is only answer?

CA
    United States
    Member #84266
    December 26, 2009
    410 Posts
    Posted: August 17, 2010, 2:39 am - IP Logged

There's always hard work and determination but not every hard working person get's an opportunity that some others get.

OwlCreekBridge's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
      lottoville
      United States
      Member #95474
      August 11, 2010
      132 Posts
      Posted: August 17, 2010, 4:33 am - IP Logged

become rich in this country right now? How many of you believe that is only answer?

if you look as good as you do in your profile pic, you could always many a rich dude

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: August 17, 2010, 6:02 am - IP Logged

The problem with working to amass a fortune as oppose to instan wealth the problem with working to amass a fortune is that: DO YOU KNOW THE THOUSANDS OF WAY A PERSON CAN DIE...AND THEY LURK EVERYDAY...Not just that, do you know the THOUSANDS OF STUFF that can go wrong with the human body, sickness, conditions, infections etc...That by the time you have worked your: 30 years to amass 4 millions you probably died or had, 600 close encounters with death...

And sometimes working to amass fortuness is counterproductive, because you work hard to become a millionaire and provide to your kids a better way of life and most of the cases when the kid is born to rich parents he/she becomes lazy dont want to work, does drugs, have 30 babies, dont want to go to college or ivy leagues, bad companies, ect, ect...And all you work for is sort of or almost drained down the pipe...

if your kids are going to come out that way, why have kids...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: August 17, 2010, 6:18 am - IP Logged

if the kids of the wealthy person are going to guff off at least go to college, do it in college or while taking college courses and/or volunteer jobs [volunteer time]...But i still think is wrong...

i dont care if you have a septillion dollars, there will: ALWAYS BE WORK TO DO...ALWAYSSSSS....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
            adelaide sa
            Australia
            Member #37136
            April 11, 2006
            3300 Posts
            Posted: August 17, 2010, 9:29 am - IP Logged

working for your million is a more sound plan than buying lotto tickets.  you can actually do something about the odds if you work and save. with lotto , its just buy more tickets.

my plan is buy more tickets lol

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
              Idaho
              United States
              Member #94283
              July 17, 2010
              2284 Posts
              Posted: August 17, 2010, 10:30 am - IP Logged

working for your million is a more sound plan than buying lotto tickets.  you can actually do something about the odds if you work and save. with lotto , its just buy more tickets.

my plan is buy more tickets lol

You can work and save all you want, but unless you have a high-paying profession, or else you have a sense for business or a valuable talent, it's pretty unlikely that you'll get rich.  I know lots of people who work their butts off and still live paycheck to paycheck, and some people who work their butts off and save enough to retire without having to worry too much about money.  But not very many who can say they're rich.

Honduras
                Member #20982
                August 29, 2005
                4715 Posts
                Posted: August 17, 2010, 10:38 am - IP Logged

how can you, work diligently and then 10 years down the road there is a huge recession and you get laid off...And they are saying now that a, college degree doesnt guaranteed a nice job or your dream job...

i always thought recessions came every 50 years....

United States
                  Member #85338
                  January 13, 2010
                  143 Posts
                  Posted: August 17, 2010, 11:16 am - IP Logged

how can you, work diligently and then 10 years down the road there is a huge recession and you get laid off...And they are saying now that a, college degree doesnt guaranteed a nice job or your dream job...

i always thought recessions came every 50 years....

Recessions come about every 5-7 years. 

The key to raising kids to not be spoiled is to not  indulge them in every want that they have.  There are needs that come first: food, clothing, shelter.  If a kid wants a go-cart and a Wii/Playstation and they think that they will get it if they lobby hard enough, they are spoiled.  It's the kids that volunteer to help clean up or help others that should get some kind of reward, not too much of one.

One of the things I struggle with is if I won, how would I make sure that my kids don't turn out spoiled rotten?  I love my sons, I want to see them smile, but I don't want material things to take the place of being a good father.  I like seeing them happy, but money is not going to buy them happiness.  Sometimes my greatest time spent with my boys is when I take them to church on Sundays and somebody comes up to me and says "Your sons are the best behaved boys that I have ever seen in church"

I don't want to start a flame war, but I never want my kids to lose their faith. Money can't buy that.  Things are tough for us, but somehow we will get through it...

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                    Idaho
                    United States
                    Member #94283
                    July 17, 2010
                    2284 Posts
                    Posted: August 17, 2010, 11:25 am - IP Logged

"I take them to church on Sundays and somebody comes up to me and says "Your sons are the best behaved boys that I have ever seen in church"

Um maybe that's because the best behaved boys don't go to church?  Just sayin'.  Thumbs Up

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                      adelaide sa
                      Australia
                      Member #37136
                      April 11, 2006
                      3300 Posts
                      Posted: August 17, 2010, 11:34 am - IP Logged

well work is only part of it. working smart is also  part of the millionaire trick.  ie getting out of the working for a wage treadmill and working for yourself.

from what ieve seen most self made millionaiores dont get their  doing 9-5 at a factory, the get out and runn their own business., employ others and risk  their wealth building that money.

i dunno how many would play the lotto, im guessing most millionaires wouldnt even buy lotto tickets as its a waste of their money.  i saw on ytahoo 9.5% of american millionaires , who responded to the survey, drive fords. 

point is they value their money, and put it to work.

i know next question . why dont oi gho out and do it if i know so much?

because im too lazy. so i play lotto

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

United States
                        Member #85338
                        January 13, 2010
                        143 Posts
                        Posted: August 17, 2010, 11:36 am - IP Logged

Can't say that I am lazy.....but I still play....hopeful maybe.

United States
                          Member #85338
                          January 13, 2010
                          143 Posts
                          Posted: August 17, 2010, 11:55 am - IP Logged

To answer the original post.....

Is the lottery the only way to go? it appears that way.

There are things that I would like to do that the lottery would make financially possible......

1.) To take care of my sons.  Working a full time job, paying the bills....helping the kids with school work....everything seems rush rush rush.  i sometimes feel burned out and a failure when I am not able to spend quality time with them.  I can emply someone to do things rather than do it myself.....like fix something when it is broken.

2.) Working and taking care of my kids leaves no time to do volunteer work.  Something fulfilling. Something that would help someone out. Financially I can't do it right now.  I would like them to volunteer with me when they get older and know that they are doing good work.

3.) i don't like being at the mercy of someone else doing the hiring and firing. Recessions, paycuts, job loss all cut into being able to

i don't want to be wealthy, but I don't want to be poor either.  I don't want a mansion or a Mercedes....I am happy where I am and what I drive (there is a scratch on the side and the transmission is going).  I do want to make sure my sons get a good education get help when I can't help them.  They don't need all the luxuries that their schoolmates have....there are necessities they do need and sometimes worry that I may not be able to do this for them.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19831 Posts
                            Posted: August 17, 2010, 11:58 am - IP Logged

How many wealthy people do you know that got wealthy by winning a lottery.  Chances are you know more wealthy people than you know lottery jackpot winners.  Every town has a section of town where the wealthiest people live and chances are no one in that town has ever won a lottery jackpot.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Set4life's avatar - 2554
                              East Hampton, NY
                              United States
                              Member #41995
                              June 25, 2006
                              1137 Posts
                              Posted: August 17, 2010, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

Answer is No, just go to your local bank and hand them a bag...draw the gun out:) lol.Cool

$Group Hug$

FOR THE WIN!