Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 12:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is Lottery it only way to??

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 6 years ago by jwhou.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
oakland, ca
United States
Member #95782
August 17, 2010
13 Posts
Posted: August 17, 2010, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

i thought about that.  but after doing research i found that back robber's tipically make only 5,000 to 10,000 per job!  not worth it!  i guess the million dollar jobs are only in the movies

oakland, ca
    United States
    Member #95782
    August 17, 2010
    13 Posts
    Posted: August 17, 2010, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

on the flip site, it seems the majority of bank robbers actually do get away with it.

CA
      United States
      Member #84266
      December 26, 2009
      410 Posts
      Posted: August 17, 2010, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

Well, I've done a quick calculation and found out that since 2002, an average of 13 people/ year were made millionaires by Mega Millions. And at least 1 person every 2 months hits the jackpot.

Even though winning the lottery is very possible when you look at the statistics, the chances that it will happen to YOU is slim. Lol

victorl3ichiban's avatar - georgemichael
        san jose
        United States
        Member #53761
        July 20, 2007
        277 Posts
        Posted: August 17, 2010, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

a black lady predicted that she will win the mega million and won it. i guess it is possible if you believe.

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: August 18, 2010, 6:00 am - IP Logged

how can you, work diligently and then 10 years down the road there is a huge recession and you get laid off...And they are saying now that a, college degree doesnt guaranteed a nice job or your dream job...

i always thought recessions came every 50 years....

plus while working to accumulate wealth for 30 years you gain weight and accumulate debt...that by the time you are ready to enjoy it is dissipates due to wealth or personal ailments....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: August 18, 2010, 7:04 am - IP Logged

Thread Title:   "Is Lottery it only way to??"

I just can't get past the annoyance of that alone to think of anything else.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

OwlCreekBridge's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
              lottoville
              United States
              Member #95474
              August 11, 2010
              132 Posts
              Posted: August 18, 2010, 9:43 am - IP Logged

Thread Title:   "Is Lottery it only way to??"

I just can't get past the annoyance of that alone to think of anything else.

I must be dyslexic. I thought the title was "It Lottery the only way to"

United States
                Member #93947
                July 10, 2010
                2180 Posts
                Posted: August 18, 2010, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

a black lady predicted that she will win the mega million and won it. i guess it is possible if you believe.

I suspect a much larger number of ladies predicted they would, and didn't.

Sunny California
                  United States
                  Member #40295
                  May 31, 2006
                  7712 Posts
                  Posted: August 18, 2010, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

become rich in this country right now? How many of you believe that is only answer?

Wait a minute....aren't you rich now? Do you have your health? Got a roof over your head? Know where your next meal is coming from? Have a job? A loving family? In today's uncertain world the people who have all of these things are the truly rich.

United States
                    Member #75358
                    June 1, 2009
                    5345 Posts
                    Posted: August 18, 2010, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

Wait a minute....aren't you rich now? Do you have your health? Got a roof over your head? Know where your next meal is coming from? Have a job? A loving family? In today's uncertain world the people who have all of these things are the truly rich.

That may be true up to a point, but one could easily lose their job, and their health. Then what? Most people I know are living one paycheck from being homeless. In fact, an ex-boss of mine is now living in his van.

You said it yourself in the last sentence in your quote above. "In today's uncertain world".

People will always have problems even when they are rich, but they can at least deal with the problems financially. We live in a material world which requires material money to live and prosper.

I don't buy that tired old quote of ..."well, you've got your health"...

But you're right to an extent. All the money in the world won't do you any good If your money cant heal whatever sickness you may have and lying in a hospital bed. But that alone doesn't mean a person shouldn't want more to provide for themselves and help make their family live more comfortably, and with peace of mind.

Sunny California
                      United States
                      Member #40295
                      May 31, 2006
                      7712 Posts
                      Posted: August 18, 2010, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

That may be true up to a point, but one could easily lose their job, and their health. Then what? Most people I know are living one paycheck from being homeless. In fact, an ex-boss of mine is now living in his van.

You said it yourself in the last sentence in your quote above. "In today's uncertain world".

People will always have problems even when they are rich, but they can at least deal with the problems financially. We live in a material world which requires material money to live and prosper.

But you're right to an extent. All the money in the world won't do you any good If your money cant heal whatever sickness you may have and lying in a hospital bed. But that alone doesn't mean a person shouldn't want more to provide for themselves and help make their family live more comfortably, and with peace of mind.

God Bless,that's probably because you still have yours,love. Wink I know,I know,I'm full of cliches today,lol. And you're right, most of this country is living paycheck to paycheck, think I read it's around 70% of people.   

United States
                        Member #75358
                        June 1, 2009
                        5345 Posts
                        Posted: August 18, 2010, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

God Bless,that's probably because you still have yours,love. Wink I know,I know,I'm full of cliches today,lol. And you're right, most of this country is living paycheck to paycheck, think I read it's around 70% of people.   

You are such a sweetheart......

roses

victorl3ichiban's avatar - georgemichael
                          san jose
                          United States
                          Member #53761
                          July 20, 2007
                          277 Posts
                          Posted: August 19, 2010, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

I fall in the shoes of those 70% and what worse is that I live in California. I am one step away from being homeless. Plus I need to constantly worry about my med since I need med on daily bases and if I don't have it anymore, my life will be totally screw. Every year seem to be getting worse for me. Also, I have relieze that friends and family are all gone once you don't have any money.

United States
                            Member #85338
                            January 13, 2010
                            143 Posts
                            Posted: August 20, 2010, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

I fall in the shoes of those 70% and what worse is that I live in California. I am one step away from being homeless. Plus I need to constantly worry about my med since I need med on daily bases and if I don't have it anymore, my life will be totally screw. Every year seem to be getting worse for me. Also, I have relieze that friends and family are all gone once you don't have any money.

Money won't buy friends or family...at least not the kind I want.

I, too, am not a big fan of "at least you've got your health..."   If a person is struggling to make ends meet, it could lead to depression and health problems...same with loneliness.......it too could lead to depression or and poor health. Health may be the last thing you have and even that could fail at any time....

Too much money can do the same thing...it could lead you to indulge in abnormal risk taking (like leaving $500,000 in your Lincoln Navigator at the local strip club.... that's alot of singles for the tip rail and quarters for the turnpike tolls!!) You win the big one and feel omnipotent that anything is possible because you can buy it.....You buy that nice Maserati....and drive it fast (you can afford a ticket)....then you lose your license and then you can't drive (will life be good to you so far?....hats off to Joe Walsh)

Victor, may you win enough to take care of your needs for the rest of your life, empower you to feel some hope and positivity in your life, and enable you to do good in others' lives (pay it forward).....but not too much that it makes things worse.  Wishing you the best!

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                              Northern Virginia
                              United States
                              Member #83350
                              December 5, 2009
                              1315 Posts
                              Posted: August 23, 2010, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

On the contrary, for most people the lottery is a good way to become poor. It's only those who use the money wisely that can remain rich.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!