Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 1:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Matrix has been changed...

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 6 years ago by jimmy4164.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Houston
United States
Member #62319
June 24, 2008
242 Posts
Posted: August 18, 2010, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

Mega-Think Tank,

"And I'd wager, these think tank geeks for the lottery frequents theLottery Post to gauge how much the members are closing the gap on thegame and effect changes to protects the company profits."

More likely that they come here for entertainment and a lot of "I told you so's" (Told ya! Told ya somebody would say they'd play this game!) than any concern over anyone cracking the code.

Also, if they poked around all the forums they might think things like, "This would be a tough crowd to selll dream books to!" That and find it extremely interesting that for a lottery board there are 600 threads in Mathematics and 15,000+ in Mystical. Of course, if you consider how many Mystical threads are just dream number requests....... But if you ran a lottery, would you be more concerned with people using mathematics to try and beat you or with people getting Pick 3 and 4 numbers from Zolar and Madame Zelda?

Seriously though, for example, the Missouri Lottery sends out questionnaires to members of their website along the lines of "Would you play this game?....." and I've wondered if some of the proposals in them didn't come from ideas or discussions they might have seen here.

....if I ran a lottery, mathematics would be the least of my concerns. Further more, I would hope and encourage its usage, seeing there's no exact formula, no exact science to nail a winner every draw day. On one of Jimmy's post, I called the likes of engaging mathematics to winning the lottery: the "hook" that leads the mind to captivity.

MTT

Houston
    United States
    Member #62319
    June 24, 2008
    242 Posts
    Posted: August 18, 2010, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

I believe pumpi and mega are either twin brothers, or the 2 are actually the same person.

Wow.

Cool story. I saw that movie somewhere....

United States
      Member #93947
      July 10, 2010
      2180 Posts
      Posted: August 18, 2010, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

jimmy4164,

I don't, not at all.

As you mentioned, lotteries are just another form of the time tested gambling formula where the losers pay the winners and the house keeps the "vig". But in lotto the payouts are so much bigger. and the vig is on steroids.

But to hear systems players tell it some of them actually want us to believe they have the house sweating it.

Coin Toss,

Sorry, I mistakenly assumed the quoted text above was yours.

--Jimmy4164

United States
        Member #43694
        July 23, 2006
        184 Posts
        Posted: August 22, 2010, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

Mega-Think Tank

I'm curious to know what you mean when you use the term "matrix."

Usually, matrix is a reference to the total numbers in a game. For example, Mega Millions is pick 5 of 56 for main numbers and 1 of 46 for
        the Mega ball. These numbers never change.

When Powerball added new numbers and reduced the number of PBs to 39, the new matrix became pick 5 of 59 and 1 of 39.

Are you saying that the lottery folks are changing the matrix secretly by withholding some of the numbers?

If you could prove that, we would have a major expose to talk about.

Personally, I don't think lottery folks would be that stupid.
        I believe game monitors check to ensure that the proper number of balls are in the hoppers (ball machines).

I suppose lottery folks could tamper with the numbers in the secret computer drawings, but they would have to tamper with
        the overall computer program. I don't think they could do that and get away with for very long.

THE PROBLEM WITH COMPUTER DRAWINGS is the same as the voting system.

It is not fool proof, it can be hacked. And the program itself can have secret back doors, for the program writers to use.

Now if I was such a programmer, I would not want to win the big one as that will set off red flags, but the prizes that pay $600.00 and less would be game, as I can collect my prizes anonymously.

Who knows if these programmers  are actually doing that?

I am willing to bet some are.

United States
          Member #93947
          July 10, 2010
          2180 Posts
          Posted: August 23, 2010, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

THE PROBLEM WITH COMPUTER DRAWINGS is the same as the voting system.

It is not fool proof, it can be hacked. And the program itself can have secret back doors, for the program writers to use.

Now if I was such a programmer, I would not want to win the big one as that will set off red flags, but the prizes that pay $600.00 and less would be game, as I can collect my prizes anonymously.

Who knows if these programmers  are actually doing that?

I am willing to bet some are.

I agree -- 100%!

That was the reason for my first post on this website.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/217181/1705801

Well, at least we can agree on something!  Smiley

United States
            Member #81843
            October 31, 2009
            856 Posts
            Posted: August 27, 2010, 5:57 am - IP Logged

I agree -- 100%!

That was the reason for my first post on this website.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/217181/1705801

Well, at least we can agree on something!  Smiley

Well the voting analogy depends what party you favor because I never heard a republican question how deBold runs the elections. Heck, one VIP said he could guarantee an outcome years ago.

Yes, as seen in the news, there are historical ‘glitches’ that raise an eyebrow. I guess it all depends on what side of the fence you are on. One guy here is an expert on all things lottery and does all he can to do damage control on ‘Hot’ topics. There is every reason to believe the software can be manipulated and since much information about the playing public and distributed QP’s is protected from public view, we have reason to question what is going on.

What is important to the lotteries is to get big jackpots to draw more QP sales and spontaneous enthusiastic players. Computer ‘glitches’ are now getting attention with a national forum like this. The more it happens, the more it will get revealed, State by State. With all the States in financial trouble I doubt anything will happen until the lotteries go bust along with the States. Besides, elected and appointed public servants know what is best for you. Like the expert said, we are ignorant (of math) and play the games as ignorant. What a tell!

DD

United States
              Member #93947
              July 10, 2010
              2180 Posts
              Posted: August 27, 2010, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

Well the voting analogy depends what party you favor because I never heard a republican question how deBold runs the elections. Heck, one VIP said he could guarantee an outcome years ago.

Yes, as seen in the news, there are historical ‘glitches’ that raise an eyebrow. I guess it all depends on what side of the fence you are on. One guy here is an expert on all things lottery and does all he can to do damage control on ‘Hot’ topics. There is every reason to believe the software can be manipulated and since much information about the playing public and distributed QP’s is protected from public view, we have reason to question what is going on.

What is important to the lotteries is to get big jackpots to draw more QP sales and spontaneous enthusiastic players. Computer ‘glitches’ are now getting attention with a national forum like this. The more it happens, the more it will get revealed, State by State. With all the States in financial trouble I doubt anything will happen until the lotteries go bust along with the States. Besides, elected and appointed public servants know what is best for you. Like the expert said, we are ignorant (of math) and play the games as ignorant. What a tell!

DD

My uninformed opinion on what lotteries are most at risk for manipulation are the Raffles, like the PA one I wrote about in my first post at LotteryPost, and the games that only allow you pick one of the several lines that make up your ticket.  In PA, I know of one, the Match 6.  You pick one line of 6 numbers, then the lottery "randomly" picks 2 more sets of 6, for a total of 18 numbers.  The minimum payoffs are 3 of 6 (on 1 line) and 4 of 18 (including all 3 lines.)  Prizes go up from there; 4 of 6, 5 of 18, etc. I would be surprised if their "random" selections for the 2 lines are really random.  Think about what happens if you could choose all 3 lines yourself and chose to make all 3 the same:

1-2-3-4-5-6

1-2-3-4-5-6

1-2-3-4-5-6

To avoid this, I'm sure they choose sets that minimize your chances of too many smaller and the larger (but not jackpot) hits.  Of course, your chances of hitting the jackpot are not diminished by this setup.

I don't play this game.