Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 12:28 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Statistical Analysis of Lottery Results

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 6 years ago by LANTERN.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
NASHVILLE, TENN
United States
Member #33372
February 20, 2006
1044 Posts
Posted: October 17, 2010, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

four4me,

"Statistical analysis when referring to the lottery could yield many results but it's unclear if it could produce future wins."

This has been my point all along!  Mathematics and physics will not allow you to turn a lottery game into a profitable venture.  The only possible exception to this would be where fraud is involved, and it is highly likely that only the perpetrators of the fraud would benefit.

--Jimmy4164

Mathematics and physics will not allow you to turn a lottery game into a profitable venture

I could not agree more.  With our present inadequate knowledge of mathematics and physics, we have no way to predict random events.  Nor is anyone attempting to rectify this situation except for us nut-jobs here on LP.  That does not mean we should be vilified for trying.

United States
    Member #93947
    July 10, 2010
    2180 Posts
    Posted: October 17, 2010, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

Mathematics and physics will not allow you to turn a lottery game into a profitable venture

I could not agree more.  With our present inadequate knowledge of mathematics and physics, we have no way to predict random events.  Nor is anyone attempting to rectify this situation except for us nut-jobs here on LP.  That does not mean we should be vilified for trying.

GASMETERGUY,

"With our present inadequate knowledge of mathematics and physics, we have no way to predict random events."

"Inadequate knowledge?"

Probability theory has been well established for at least 2 centuries, and I don't think the authors of this book would agree with you.

http://ee.stanford.edu/~gray/sp.pdf

I'm not trying to vilify you;  I'm trying to open your eyes to the truth.  I'm sure you know what I mean when I tell you that, since I arrived here, it's me who has been vilified.  Can you deny that?

--Jimmy4164

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19901 Posts
      Posted: October 17, 2010, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

Mathematics and physics will not allow you to turn a lottery game into a profitable venture. 

I doubt if lottery jackpot winners would agree with you.  While the odds says it's not likely to happen any particular player, we know it will happen for some.  May it's just luck and presistents but are other factors contributors too?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
        Member #93947
        July 10, 2010
        2180 Posts
        Posted: October 17, 2010, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

Mathematics and physics will not allow you to turn a lottery game into a profitable venture. 

I doubt if lottery jackpot winners would agree with you.  While the odds says it's not likely to happen any particular player, we know it will happen for some.  May it's just luck and presistents but are other factors contributors too?

RJOh,

Why should a jackpot winner have any reason to disagree with anything I've said, and if so, what?  Of course we know it will happen for some.  If it didn't, no one would play!  Where do you think the tens or hundreds of millions of dollars come from to pay off the first time QP player who hits the PB jackpot?  It comes from the 60¢ or more being lost on the average non jackpot winning tickets purchased by millions of other people.  A jackpot winner's opinion on whether the lottery is random or not has no more validity than anyone else's, regardless of whether they won with a QP or a SP.

--Jimmy4164

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19901 Posts
          Posted: October 19, 2010, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

RJOh,

Why should a jackpot winner have any reason to disagree with anything I've said, and if so, what?  Of course we know it will happen for some.  If it didn't, no one would play!  Where do you think the tens or hundreds of millions of dollars come from to pay off the first time QP player who hits the PB jackpot?  It comes from the 60¢ or more being lost on the average non jackpot winning tickets purchased by millions of other people.  A jackpot winner's opinion on whether the lottery is random or not has no more validity than anyone else's, regardless of whether they won with a QP or a SP.

--Jimmy4164

Why should a jackpot winner have any reason to disagree with anything I've said, and if so, what? 

I didn't say should but would with doubts, however I can't answer that question for you.  You'll have to find some lottery jackpot winners and ask'em.  All I know is winning a lottery jackpot makes playing the lottery a profitable venture.

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #93947
            July 10, 2010
            2180 Posts
            Posted: October 19, 2010, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

Why should a jackpot winner have any reason to disagree with anything I've said, and if so, what? 

I didn't say should but would with doubts, however I can't answer that question for you.  You'll have to find some lottery jackpot winners and ask'em.  All I know is winning a lottery jackpot makes playing the lottery a profitable venture.

RJOh,

"All I know is winning a lottery jackpot makes playing the lottery a profitable venture."

...for the Winners.

--Jimmy4164

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
              adelaide sa
              Australia
              Member #37136
              April 11, 2006
              3316 Posts
              Posted: October 19, 2010, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

i would like to know of software than does analyse past draws and show any leads, i dont want to debate the  is it worthwile  game i want the software.

so aNYONE GOT ANY LEADS?

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                Tx
                United States
                Member #4570
                May 4, 2004
                5180 Posts
                Posted: October 20, 2010, 12:00 am - IP Logged

I know of an easy way to more often than not filter out 3 boxed digits out of the 10 that are good for both, boxed and straight filtration on the pick 3 game and for straight play on top of that I know of other ways to filter out even 1 or more digits from each of the 3 positions and that is just digits filtration, besides counting everything else, of course I have not posted about everything that I know about nor did I make predictions that use those digits filtering techniques.

Take into account that if you filter out 2 digits boxed or 2 straight digits for each position you filter out about half of the total pool of pick 3 numbers.

As I don't have proper stats software those digits filtering techniques are very simple and use relatively few past draws.

I was wrong I can't now get the 3 digits boxed filter to work nor can I get any other kind of 3 boxed digits filters to work at all, 1 digit often fails.

I finished trying many filters tricks techniques and they all often failed on 1 of the 3 digits.

Maybe I should have tried for 2 boxed digits instead of 3, I will try that next time, but not today.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #22395
                  September 24, 2005
                  1583 Posts
                  Posted: October 20, 2010, 12:53 am - IP Logged

i would like to know of software than does analyse past draws and show any leads, i dont want to debate the  is it worthwile  game i want the software.

so aNYONE GOT ANY LEADS?

Yeah, I don't blame you.  Just give me winners, who cares about the facts!

ROFL

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19901 Posts
                    Posted: October 20, 2010, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

so aNYONE GOT ANY LEADS?

Software can allow you to play "what if" with past drawings but most times that's too general to be successful during future drawings unless you're willing to cover a lot of lines.  For example, you can know that 35% of the time had you picked 30 or so numbers in a certain manner during past drawings that all the winning numbers would have been covered, but wheeling 30 or so numbers for possible winning combinations 35% of the time during future drawings can be expensive.

Evil Looking       

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                      adelaide sa
                      Australia
                      Member #37136
                      April 11, 2006
                      3316 Posts
                      Posted: October 20, 2010, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

yeah but i have a biased game to analyse

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19901 Posts
                        Posted: October 21, 2010, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

I was wrong I can't now get the 3 digits boxed filter to work nor can I get any other kind of 3 boxed digits filters to work at all, 1 digit often fails.

I finished trying many filters tricks techniques and they all often failed on 1 of the 3 digits.

Maybe I should have tried for 2 boxed digits instead of 3, I will try that next time, but not today.

Are you now discarding all the information you've shared about using filters to get a win?

Evil Looking       

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                          Tx
                          United States
                          Member #4570
                          May 4, 2004
                          5180 Posts
                          Posted: October 22, 2010, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

Are you now discarding all the information you've shared about using filters to get a win?

No, the information I have given is still good, at least most of it is.

What I was talking about there is that there are 10 digits on a pic 3 game and that filtering out a digit or digits is a "Digit(s) Filter", just as there are "Sums Filter", LDR Filters, Width Filters, Etc.

And if you filter out 1 or more digits, they would be filtered out either straight by position or boxed for all 3 positions.

I made up a possible way with which to filter out 3 "Boxed" digits and somehow I thought that I had already backtested it and that it worked, but when I backtested it, either again or for thre first time (?) it didn't after all work O.K.

It is really a straight filter and it does work O.K. as a 1 digit straight filter, but somehow I thought that it would also work as a boxed 3 digits filter and it didn't, so when I have the time, I will test a more statistically based idea that I have for a 3 digit boxed filter as I won't give up this time so easily, after all of the 10 possible digits from 0 to 9 only 3 of them come out each time to make up a pick 3 game, so 7 digits won't come out, so there might be a way maybe of pcking out 3 digits out of those 7 that won't come out next on a draw, if the next technique to tryout doesn't work either, there are still at least 1 to 3 more ides to try out.

If filtering out 3 digits boxed doesn't work after all, they I will have to develop a way or ways of trying to filter out just 2 boxed digits, maybe that would be easier, I find "boxed" digits filtration a lot harder to do than straight by position digits filtration.

------------

I am waiting for the weekend as during the week I don't have enough time.

All my pick 3 filtering out techniques have to be easy to do as I don't have ways with which to try out complicated techniques.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."