Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What charity or charities

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 6 years ago by dingo.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
New York,
Panama
Member #73078
April 4, 2009
3490 Posts
Posted: September 14, 2010, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

Suppose you were advised to take the cash option, paid the taxes and for the sake of simplicity, you designate about $10,000,000 to charity.

I would consider that the advice of some simpleton that didn't know his behind from a hole in the ground.

Sun SmileyRJoh; Hahaha!!!! Hahaha ooh ohHahahahLO..LMHOooofff... too funny ROFLBig SmileGreen laugh

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Milwaukee, WI
    United States
    Member #3131
    December 27, 2003
    665 Posts
    Posted: September 14, 2010, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

<snip>, I have to win first!

Stupid technicalities!

MarkP

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
      Member #32537
      February 12, 2006
      698 Posts
      Posted: September 15, 2010, 6:06 am - IP Logged

I personally would donate to kid charities, i finds they are worthy of getting  my money

thanks to child labor laws,  must  can not most earn themselves a decent living or for that matter help what family they were born into rich or poor

either it be giving to food and clothing for kids. I'm all for giving to such charities .long as they  don't waste it on high administration costs

giving to adults, however, I am completely against, because simply people should be responsible for themselves

such  as a homeless person or someone who was just evacuated due to hurricane or earthquake

you have to remember the homeless person put themselves there

there hurricane victim build their house in a flood plane right on the coast

and any earthquake victim knowingly lived on a ticking time bomb

not only do I not care for these people I despise giving money to these people

it's like getting a crack cocaine user a other dollar to waste on their own destructive habits

what does a hurricane victims do?

move back to the same place their house was destroyed

what does the earthquake victims do

they rebuild on the same ticking time bomb. That just reset itself

what does the homeless person do when they get money

they wasted it on drugs or drinks or anything that you may consider Junk

and then there is  of a course worst charity case of them all

the government:

people think it's all right to steal money to give to a bunch of idiotic morons who frankly are not are not real producers of anything

they have no understanding getting back up when you fall flat on your ass

of course this stupidity is the cease of worst economy they have seen in a long time

this makes it so there is less money in the world to give real charities

that are much more deserving than some government Democrat,who voted on and a forced charity through taxation

To be blunt, if I were to win one of the 100+ million dollar jackpot. I frankly would  start my own charity that would  grow fresh fruit  and give it away to kids who need it,

because frankly serving kids the food that  is MSG contaminated and other bad stuff that the food banks give away to be eatan is frankly disgusting

I frankly think  such people should be locked in jail for for the harm they cause kids who don't know any better

kids don't know that they're eating poison that affects the brain

ever wonder why Alzheimer's and such other mental diseases in old people are going sky rocketing up

because the stuff in everyday food, junk food is contaminated with toxins are harmful to the body and brain

people are too stupid, and frankly, we should make stupidity most painful thing it can possibly can be in order to limit its spread

instead, we were like its okay. it's all right to be stupid, let someone else do the  thinking for you,we take care of you.

it's the blind leading the blind

so in my eyes must charities are harmful to society in general

that's the point I'm trying to make here

to make life comfortable for stupidity is in fact rewarding it

and that is flat-out encouraging bad behavior

so, look at kids charities, and for all others

if there is even a slight chance stupidity is being helped by it

do not donate to them. Give no money, or you will in fact be supporting stupidity

and that's the last thing you want to be doing. If you want to help society

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
        The Ville, FL
        United States
        Member #95879
        August 19, 2010
        1708 Posts
        Posted: September 16, 2010, 10:59 am - IP Logged

I would donate half to the nigerian lottery. Those guys are always so nice sending me emails about how Ive won the Nigerian lottery. They are so generous, i would have to donate to them

I must have won the nigerian lottery at least 10 times.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
          Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #74096
          May 2, 2009
          22947 Posts
          Posted: September 16, 2010, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

I personally would donate to kid charities, i finds they are worthy of getting  my money

thanks to child labor laws,  must  can not most earn themselves a decent living or for that matter help what family they were born into rich or poor

either it be giving to food and clothing for kids. I'm all for giving to such charities .long as they  don't waste it on high administration costs

giving to adults, however, I am completely against, because simply people should be responsible for themselves

such  as a homeless person or someone who was just evacuated due to hurricane or earthquake

you have to remember the homeless person put themselves there

there hurricane victim build their house in a flood plane right on the coast

and any earthquake victim knowingly lived on a ticking time bomb

not only do I not care for these people I despise giving money to these people

it's like getting a crack cocaine user a other dollar to waste on their own destructive habits

what does a hurricane victims do?

move back to the same place their house was destroyed

what does the earthquake victims do

they rebuild on the same ticking time bomb. That just reset itself

what does the homeless person do when they get money

they wasted it on drugs or drinks or anything that you may consider Junk

and then there is  of a course worst charity case of them all

the government:

people think it's all right to steal money to give to a bunch of idiotic morons who frankly are not are not real producers of anything

they have no understanding getting back up when you fall flat on your ass

of course this stupidity is the cease of worst economy they have seen in a long time

this makes it so there is less money in the world to give real charities

that are much more deserving than some government Democrat,who voted on and a forced charity through taxation

To be blunt, if I were to win one of the 100+ million dollar jackpot. I frankly would  start my own charity that would  grow fresh fruit  and give it away to kids who need it,

because frankly serving kids the food that  is MSG contaminated and other bad stuff that the food banks give away to be eatan is frankly disgusting

I frankly think  such people should be locked in jail for for the harm they cause kids who don't know any better

kids don't know that they're eating poison that affects the brain

ever wonder why Alzheimer's and such other mental diseases in old people are going sky rocketing up

because the stuff in everyday food, junk food is contaminated with toxins are harmful to the body and brain

people are too stupid, and frankly, we should make stupidity most painful thing it can possibly can be in order to limit its spread

instead, we were like its okay. it's all right to be stupid, let someone else do the  thinking for you,we take care of you.

it's the blind leading the blind

so in my eyes must charities are harmful to society in general

that's the point I'm trying to make here

to make life comfortable for stupidity is in fact rewarding it

and that is flat-out encouraging bad behavior

so, look at kids charities, and for all others

if there is even a slight chance stupidity is being helped by it

do not donate to them. Give no money, or you will in fact be supporting stupidity

and that's the last thing you want to be doing. If you want to help society

You might as well just hoard any winnings you get and become a greedy miser. They all *waste* a portion of donations on administration costs.

Better yet, get your walking shoes on, go out and find the people you see fit to get your money, that might be the best way. You can cut out the

middle man....if you do it all by yourself. Now there's a life mission....hand deliver aid, you'll know exactly where it's going.

A person who gives with reservation or prejudice might as well just keep it. Money with strings attached is not truly a gift. It's a tool. How long

would it take you to regret giving anything? The day you heard the warehouse where they store the food was flooded by tides waters from

Hurricane xxx? Or the day you heard they had to hire and pay more people to distribute the food purchased by donations? Or the day a 7.0

Earthquake hit the warehouse and swallowed everything up after years of warnings it was coming?

Conditional giving, that's nothing new. Something new and refreshing would be to give and forget. The best part about that is, there's no hard

feelings involved...not regret and no resentment.

dingo's avatar - lottery of-birth.jpg
            San Jose, California
            United States
            Member #42003
            June 26, 2006
            206 Posts
            Posted: September 16, 2010, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

You all great plan, but you have not win it yet. And remember your spouse will run you over if you do not discuss in advance. This lesson I've learned from the 1994 lottery movie "It Can Happen to You" played by Nicolas Cage.