Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 7:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What if you hold the winning ticket?

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 6 years ago by ttech10.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Luminus's avatar - ouskuu

United States
Member #51269
April 3, 2007
529 Posts
Posted: September 7, 2010, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

Within the hour i'd be knee deep in drugs, booze, and hookers!

Why?  You could do that on a $15/hr paycheck.

Monkey Butt, USA
    United States
    Member #54569
    August 23, 2007
    1124 Posts
    Posted: September 7, 2010, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

Would you still act calm, shock, suprise? describe how your reaction would be like. I am looking forward on this feeling on holding the winning ticket but quiet possibly , i would be shock as hella and probably act weird in a way.

I'd drink a bottle of Immodium AD & Use up a 24-pack of TP & a case of wet wipes, because of the excitement of it all. I'd probably have to pop a few nitro tablets to slow my heart rate.  After the excitement wears off I'd drink a 1 litre bottle of Coke to calm myself. Then stand in front of the mirror and do the "In your face" dance.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
      Texas
      United States
      Member #92330
      June 5, 2010
      887 Posts
      Posted: September 13, 2010, 10:19 am - IP Logged

Would you still act calm, shock, suprise? describe how your reaction would be like. I am looking forward on this feeling on holding the winning ticket but quiet possibly , i would be shock as hella and probably act weird in a way.

I'd imagine I would be pretty shocked and in disbelief. I would try to hide that for a little bit so that I could get myself gathered and get some plans in place for collecting and then for what I'd do after collecting and I'm sure during that time I'd be acting a little bit odd. I also imagine I would be stressed until I actually collected and got money and then I would let go a sigh of relief.

wheeltowin's avatar - bee
        Peoria IL
        United States
        Member #94520
        July 21, 2010
        63 Posts
        Posted: September 14, 2010, 8:24 am - IP Logged

It would be really, really hard for me not to tell others (close family and friends). Something that great happens to you and you want to celebrate with those you care about most, also seal it in a ziplock and duct-tape it to my body then tell everyone it's in a safe deposit box (Don't trust bankers). Have to set up neccessary legal protection so could not sign it right away...therefor the duct tape. A HUGE "I told you so" to my hubby of 18 years, who gives me the wasting money on that thing speech. There would of couse be a grin you couldn't beat out off of me and oh yeah, I WOULD NOT be showing up for work that night!

Luck is when opportunity knocks and you answer.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: September 15, 2010, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

It would be really, really hard for me not to tell others (close family and friends). Something that great happens to you and you want to celebrate with those you care about most, also seal it in a ziplock and duct-tape it to my body then tell everyone it's in a safe deposit box (Don't trust bankers). Have to set up neccessary legal protection so could not sign it right away...therefor the duct tape. A HUGE "I told you so" to my hubby of 18 years, who gives me the wasting money on that thing speech. There would of couse be a grin you couldn't beat out off of me and oh yeah, I WOULD NOT be showing up for work that night!

"seal it in a ziplock and duct-tape it to my body"

Let me know if you need help taping it to your body, Wheely.

I'm always willing to help people in need (women only please, I can't help everybody). 

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

CutlassBob's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
            Harrison Township Michigan
            United States
            Member #90088
            April 21, 2010
            4265 Posts
            Posted: September 15, 2010, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

I would yell Yippie Tie Ya <snip><snip> then I would scan it. Post in in the appropriate Mega Millions/PowerBall Challenge Thread. Wait for Raven62 to post a list of the Winners. Go to Lansing and get ticket authenticated. Collect my check. Deposit in the Credit Union. Then go to sleep. Off buy my dream property. Start living the simple life.

Cutla$$Bob

This post has been sensored for profanity.

"You can't handle the truth!" Nicholson.

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              41983 Posts
              Posted: September 16, 2010, 12:16 am - IP Logged

I would yell Yippie Tie Ya <snip><snip> then I would scan it. Post in in the appropriate Mega Millions/PowerBall Challenge Thread. Wait for Raven62 to post a list of the Winners. Go to Lansing and get ticket authenticated. Collect my check. Deposit in the Credit Union. Then go to sleep. Off buy my dream property. Start living the simple life.

Cutla$$Bob

This post has been sensored for profanity.

I'd buy your car Bob....

HyperBe Happy.

Colt45ML's avatar - 4eyes
                Jawja
                United States
                Member #87469
                February 25, 2010
                109 Posts
                Posted: September 16, 2010, 2:41 am - IP Logged

Well, I'd bury the ticket somewhere in a mason jar, and then go hang out for a week or so each on St. Simons Island, Ga. and in Blowing Rock, NC just to get to know how to act around my new neighbors.Sun Smiley  Then I'd go see my lawyer.  After that I'd go meet my wife at the Milan Italy airport and slip off down to Venice and take her for that ride in that gondola she has always dreamed of. That is where and when I'd break the news to her.  Just hope the gondola oarsman doesn't know too much English.

Be sassy and be happy.

CutlassBob's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
                  Harrison Township Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #90088
                  April 21, 2010
                  4265 Posts
                  Posted: September 16, 2010, 6:40 am - IP Logged

I'd buy your car Bob....

Know you wouldn't. I'de give it to you!

VaRoooom.

Cutla$$Bob

"You can't handle the truth!" Nicholson.

lafayette in
                    United States
                    Member #97469
                    September 17, 2010
                    1 Posts
                    Posted: September 17, 2010, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

Bananai'd try to be calm but i get excited about a box love to win some time.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #92330
                      June 5, 2010
                      887 Posts
                      Posted: September 17, 2010, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

Adding to my previous post, if it was a solo winner of either PB or MM I would go to set up talks with the W Residences in Austin. Some may consider that a bad idea as it would be a quick choice on a big purchase, but having thought about it for some time I can tell you it's not really a rush decision. I've considered living in Austin for some time and have been keeping up with the W since it started construction. 

I would probably take the ticket with me to Austin (maybe using wheeltowin's idea of the zip-loc bag taped to the body so I didn't lose it) and rent a hotel while talking to a lawyer there about setting up a blind trust (since I would be living there so soon) or just say "to heck with it" and collect on my own (after consulting with financial assistants first).

I would still keep the win to myself for a bit as I couldn't move into the place for a few months. I think it would make it easier to keep secret from people as I wouldn't be buying anything else but a new car so instead of having many new things to explain about I'd only have the one (since I'd wait until I moved to buy anything else).