Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New... Curse of the lottery II

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 6 years ago by markp1950.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #26330
November 16, 2005
330 Posts
Posted: September 2, 2010, 12:27 pm - IP Logged
    savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
    adelaide sa
    Australia
    Member #37136
    April 11, 2006
    3300 Posts
    Posted: September 2, 2010, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

looks good, we just got cable here wher ei live, hope to see it on aussy cable soon

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

CA
      United States
      Member #84266
      December 26, 2009
      410 Posts
      Posted: September 3, 2010, 3:49 am - IP Logged

It's only a curse if you're a moron with the money.

OwlCreekBridge's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
        lottoville
        United States
        Member #95474
        August 11, 2010
        132 Posts
        Posted: September 6, 2010, 5:20 am - IP Logged

you can "curse" me with a few million dollars anytime

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
          Texas
          United States
          Member #92330
          June 5, 2010
          887 Posts
          Posted: September 7, 2010, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

Exactly.

I was watching an episode of "Lottery Changed My Life" and the wife of the husband (the one who won) said it was like a curse because they now live hours apart Monday through Thursday because he has to work so far away since they lost their money and couldn't find a job anywhere near them. They lost their money because he put like $200,000 towards his brothers "invention" (pole hangers for plumbers?) and then something like $2,000,000 towards a hotel with some other guy he didn't even know.

It's not about it being a curse, it's only about people not making smart moves. Look at the people who didn't just throw money at things they knew nothing about and those that protected their privacy (either by staying anonymous or choosing the right places to live even if it means moving) and you'll see numerous amount of people that would strongly disagree that the lottery is a curse.

(In that same episode was a couple who had fought two bouts of cancer and think the lottery was a blessing because it allowed them to spend more time together, something they were fearful of never having again before she beat the cancer.)

If ever there was a "curse" I wanted put on me it would be that I would receive $50,000,000 from the lottery.

United States
            Member #26330
            November 16, 2005
            330 Posts
            Posted: September 8, 2010, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

Exactly.

I was watching an episode of "Lottery Changed My Life" and the wife of the husband (the one who won) said it was like a curse because they now live hours apart Monday through Thursday because he has to work so far away since they lost their money and couldn't find a job anywhere near them. They lost their money because he put like $200,000 towards his brothers "invention" (pole hangers for plumbers?) and then something like $2,000,000 towards a hotel with some other guy he didn't even know.

It's not about it being a curse, it's only about people not making smart moves. Look at the people who didn't just throw money at things they knew nothing about and those that protected their privacy (either by staying anonymous or choosing the right places to live even if it means moving) and you'll see numerous amount of people that would strongly disagree that the lottery is a curse.

(In that same episode was a couple who had fought two bouts of cancer and think the lottery was a blessing because it allowed them to spend more time together, something they were fearful of never having again before she beat the cancer.)

If ever there was a "curse" I wanted put on me it would be that I would receive $50,000,000 from the lottery.

I think that's correct.   It's only a curse if you let it be one.    Alot of lottery winners invest money in Dumb rip off scams and with family members ideas.......  A combination of bad investments...overspending...and fame can be destructive....  I read an article about NFL players who go broke...and it sounded exactly the same as a lottery winnner...  I think I read more than 1/2 of players go broke after leaving the NFL.....Nobody is saying there is a curse of the NFL...

msbkny's avatar - 527216 3989976104265_80892509_n.jpg
              brooklyn, ny
              United States
              Member #89790
              April 15, 2010
              2344 Posts
              Posted: September 8, 2010, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

I think that's correct.   It's only a curse if you let it be one.    Alot of lottery winners invest money in Dumb rip off scams and with family members ideas.......  A combination of bad investments...overspending...and fame can be destructive....  I read an article about NFL players who go broke...and it sounded exactly the same as a lottery winnner...  I think I read more than 1/2 of players go broke after leaving the NFL.....Nobody is saying there is a curse of the NFL...

I Agree!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: September 8, 2010, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

Are you saying I shouldn't invest in tiggs' idea for Diet Sardines on a Stick?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10350 Posts
                  Posted: September 8, 2010, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

rdgrnr,

If you're interested in such things, I have a couple of ideas:

Prescription windshields.......for drivers who don't want to wear glasses or contacts. This would also help reduce the number of stolen cars. Think about it.

The Seattle Lawn Sprinkler Co........explains itself.

Reverso....a type of shaving lotion that eliminates the need to shave when you're out in the woods. When you bed doen for the night you put it on your face and it makes a guy's whiskers grow in, not out. Then when you wake up in the morning instead of shaving, you just kind of gnaw your start of a beard off from the inside.

Scared

And, drum roll............

Lotto Insurance! You're covered when you didn't play your numbers and someone else did, and won on them.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

CA
                    United States
                    Member #84266
                    December 26, 2009
                    410 Posts
                    Posted: September 8, 2010, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

There's the Madden Curse. Lol

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                      Member #47420
                      November 4, 2006
                      3930 Posts
                      Posted: September 8, 2010, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

Yes ridge..tiggs has been waiting over 45 years for this to take off..Anyday now anyday now it will happen ..Thanks for the advertisement here on the Lottery Post..$$$$$

sully16's avatar - sharan
                        Ringleader
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #81740
                        October 28, 2009
                        40421 Posts
                        Posted: September 8, 2010, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

The EVIL EVIL EVIL Lottery curse can be broken by eating diet sardines on a stick, Puke

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                          Member #47420
                          November 4, 2006
                          3930 Posts
                          Posted: September 8, 2010, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

The EVIL EVIL EVIL Lottery curse can be broken by eating diet sardines on a stick, Puke

Yeeessss sully thank you so much..The money should be rolling in anytime now..Wish they had the lottery 45 years ago tiggs would be rich and living in a house..

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: September 8, 2010, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

After watching that show you have to think that people can be born without a conscience.

How else could those people live with themselves after doing what they did to other human beings? Even the Nepalese guy who didn't kill anybody but just took the money and ran. How does he live his wealthy life now knowing he's living off money he stole from some old man in another country? That would torment anybody with a conscience or even any semblance of character. I just don't get it.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                              Member #26330
                              November 16, 2005
                              330 Posts
                              Posted: September 9, 2010, 12:12 am - IP Logged

After watching that show you have to think that people can be born without a conscience.

How else could those people live with themselves after doing what they did to other human beings? Even the Nepalese guy who didn't kill anybody but just took the money and ran. How does he live his wealthy life now knowing he's living off money he stole from some old man in another country? That would torment anybody with a conscience or even any semblance of character. I just don't get it.

I agree.  No matter how much money you have...You still have to be able to look yourself in the mirror in the morning.   I  don't see how some people could live with themselves doing something like this...However their are sociopaths or people who can rationalize the worst criminal acts in their own minds.    One of the worst things about being a lottery winner besides losing your privacy would be losing your ability to trust in other people.... To me being able to count on and trust family and friends is just basic.   I couldn't imagine feeling like you couldn't even trust family and no one wants to talk to you except for money.  I think I would have to just give them a ONE TIME amount of money and disapear...