Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New... Curse of the lottery II

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 6 years ago by markp1950.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
Member #52345
May 21, 2007
2659 Posts
Posted: September 9, 2010, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

Mad I want that hour of my life back ..... what a piece of BS

Milwaukee, WI
    United States
    Member #3131
    December 27, 2003
    665 Posts
    Posted: September 11, 2010, 12:13 am - IP Logged

This is MY curse.......

Record Badger 5 payout tonight. $342,000

Numbers

15 18 20 27 30

My numbers

02 18 20 27 30

Arrrrrrgh!

6th time on Badger 5 missing by 1, 13th time overall.....

MarkP

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: September 11, 2010, 12:29 am - IP Logged

This is MY curse.......

Record Badger 5 payout tonight. $342,000

Numbers

15 18 20 27 30

My numbers

02 18 20 27 30

Arrrrrrgh!

6th time on Badger 5 missing by 1, 13th time overall.....

MarkP

That's the kinda thing that makes a man commence to drinkin.

I'm gonna have one right now.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
        Member #52345
        May 21, 2007
        2659 Posts
        Posted: September 11, 2010, 6:57 am - IP Logged

That's the kinda thing that makes a man commence to drinkin.

I'm gonna have one right now.

Xs 2 ......Cheers here to the next attempt LOL

Milwaukee, WI
          United States
          Member #3131
          December 27, 2003
          665 Posts
          Posted: September 11, 2010, 7:36 am - IP Logged

Usually I'm somewhat happy a  bit.  This time I was pure peed off!

That money this time would have meant the same to me as if I won $200 mil.....

MarkP

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
            NY State
            United States
            Member #92609
            June 10, 2010
            3701 Posts
            Posted: September 11, 2010, 8:01 am - IP Logged

I noticed one thing many of the people had in common that were featured in The Curse of The Lottery and Curse 2 was that they came from backgrounds where their quality of life was not good.  They were down on their luck experiencing financial hardships, were sexually abused, abused drugs, and were poorly educated. 

Impoverished people are generally those that play the lottery the most. (Who can blame them? They know how bad it sucks to be stuck living in the ghetto.  If I was as desparate as some of those people, and wanted out of that  lifestyle, I'd play it heavily too.)

How can it not be a recipe for disaster to give an indigent and illiterate person a windfall of millions of dollars? Someone here mentioned pro athlete's who were paid millions dying broke.  It's the same thing as a lottery winner.  Baseball, football or basketball are a young man's ticket out of the ghetto.  Pro sports teams are keenly aware of the problem of sudden wealth in the hands of someone who has been poor all their life.  One pro football team I'm aware of has a "Director of Player Development" on their staff.  One of the responsibilities of that  Director is to try to steer the newly wealthy young man towards legitimate financial professionals that can help the player from quickly blowing it all.  Teams  try to coach the life skills needed by some players so that they arent preyed upon by those that would steal it all.

I'm not poor, and I'm not wealthy.  Nor am I advocating the banishment of lotteries. I play my states lottery and I enjoy it.  But if I win millions, because I've never known what it's like to have millions, the very first thing I'll do is lay low and contact an attorney.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
              Member #97020
              September 10, 2010
              3 Posts
              Posted: September 11, 2010, 11:28 am - IP Logged

I think it's easy to judge someone when you haven't walked in their shoes, and can tell you winning the lottery is not a curse, it's the people around you!  It doesn't matter how strong you think you are, people can wear a person down.  The first thing to know is that yes, telling everyone you just won the lottery is not a smart move, but it's a shame that people can't be happy for you, instead they are jealous, thinking that you should give them a portion of your wealth.  I read all of these comments and find them extremely funny, and sad.  I don't believe there is anyone who wins the lottery that hasn't said, they would never be that stupid or there is no way they could ever blow that kind of money...to that I say, " best of luck" there is way more involved than anyone can understand until you win!!!!

Houston Texas
                United States
                Member #8059
                October 22, 2004
                3 Posts
                Posted: September 13, 2010, 3:36 am - IP Logged

Money is not a Curse it's up to you how you spent the money..You can spent it wisly or you can spent it stupid. Dont dwell in how you are going to spend it and dont  be consume in just money..I see all this rich people who has money and they dont go crazy over it. .People who never had money might go crazy...if you are smart!! Wink money can teach you to use it wisly...

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                  adelaide sa
                  Australia
                  Member #37136
                  April 11, 2006
                  3300 Posts
                  Posted: September 13, 2010, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

even a low interest bank account or under the be din a box, $2mill would have lasted the blighter the rest of his life spending only $50k a year.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: September 16, 2010, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

rdgrnr,

If you're interested in such things, I have a couple of ideas:

Prescription windshields.......for drivers who don't want to wear glasses or contacts. This would also help reduce the number of stolen cars. Think about it.

The Seattle Lawn Sprinkler Co........explains itself.

Reverso....a type of shaving lotion that eliminates the need to shave when you're out in the woods. When you bed doen for the night you put it on your face and it makes a guy's whiskers grow in, not out. Then when you wake up in the morning instead of shaving, you just kind of gnaw your start of a beard off from the inside.

Scared

And, drum roll............

Lotto Insurance! You're covered when you didn't play your numbers and someone else did, and won on them.

I like that prescription windshield idea CT.

Then I would only need a prescription screen on the GPS.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                      Member #94616
                      July 24, 2010
                      4735 Posts
                      Posted: September 17, 2010, 5:15 am - IP Logged

After watching that show you have to think that people can be born without a conscience.

How else could those people live with themselves after doing what they did to other human beings? Even the Nepalese guy who didn't kill anybody but just took the money and ran. How does he live his wealthy life now knowing he's living off money he stole from some old man in another country? That would torment anybody with a conscience or even any semblance of character. I just don't get it.

Unfortunately  there are ALOT of people like this.   How many salespeople/companies RIP off everyone & anyone they can just to make a profit!! Whats the difference between this guy and Madoff? Did you ever see the CNBC special on ENRON? They had taps of employees/brokers calling power plants ASKING THEM TO SHUT DOWN so they could increase the PRICE OF ELECTRICITY!!! I don't know what has happened to honesty in our own country Thud

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                        NY State
                        United States
                        Member #92609
                        June 10, 2010
                        3701 Posts
                        Posted: September 17, 2010, 6:08 am - IP Logged

Unfortunately  there are ALOT of people like this.   How many salespeople/companies RIP off everyone & anyone they can just to make a profit!! Whats the difference between this guy and Madoff? Did you ever see the CNBC special on ENRON? They had taps of employees/brokers calling power plants ASKING THEM TO SHUT DOWN so they could increase the PRICE OF ELECTRICITY!!! I don't know what has happened to honesty in our own country Thud

I saw that CNBC ENRON special.  I just loved the part where ENRON CEO Jeff Skilling abruptly resigned in August of 2001 (and cashing in his 26 million dollars of ENRON stock at the same time) and then ENRON went bankrupt three months later in December of 2001.

Jeff told everybody he resigned "For personal reasons."  He did! He had 26 million of them! 

Know where Jeff is today?  He's living in Littleton Colorado at the Federal Correctional Institution.  He's been there since 2006, and will be living there until 2030.

And Kap, the new word for "honesty" in our country is "greed".

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Milwaukee, WI
                          United States
                          Member #3131
                          December 27, 2003
                          665 Posts
                          Posted: September 17, 2010, 6:48 am - IP Logged

The sad things about the Enron thing.. Jeff Skilling is fighting his conviction.

And Kenneth Lay was friends with George W. Bush and GWB mourned the lost of his friend at his funeral.

How many convicted criminals get to go to a vacation home in Colorado!

There is on eternal conviction that these people will never be able to appeal.

MarkP