Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

quick picks

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Daveyl.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
DFW, Texas
United States
Member #78628
August 18, 2009
134 Posts
Posted: October 28, 2010, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

i just picked up a QP for the cash 5 for the week and the number were 2-3-4-5-43

i told the lady well i guess i wont be winning.

i know i have a chance but 4 consecutive number usually dont come up often.

Four consecutive numbers don't come up often, but that's because there are few sets of such numbers relative to all possible sets of numbers.

Your set of numbers is just as likely to be drawn as any other set.  Or, I should say, any set of numbers is just as unlikely to be drawn as your set is.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: October 28, 2010, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

i just picked up a QP for the cash 5 for the week and the number were 2-3-4-5-43

i told the lady well i guess i wont be winning.

i know i have a chance but 4 consecutive number usually dont come up often.

Thank you a2001kx, that deadpan delivery cracked me up. My wife asked me what the hell I was laughing my @ss off about.

"i told the lady well i guess i won't be winning"

LMAO! I swear my sides are aching!Green laugh

Thanks, I needed that!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

pa
      United States
      Member #99617
      October 28, 2010
      29 Posts
      Posted: October 28, 2010, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

Cheers
      glad i could help-lol

pa
        United States
        Member #99617
        October 28, 2010
        29 Posts
        Posted: October 28, 2010, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

Four consecutive numbers don't come up often, but that's because there are few sets of such numbers relative to all possible sets of numbers.

Your set of numbers is just as likely to be drawn as any other set.  Or, I should say, any set of numbers is just as unlikely to be drawn as your set is.

i know
        i was just expecting a little more of a spread between the numbers.
        i do have my set of numbers i play every week but i hit 3 numbers twice last week so i used the extra winnings on a QP for the week as well..

United States
          Member #97951
          September 28, 2010
          241 Posts
          Posted: October 29, 2010, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

i hear that people use quick picks to play pick 3. i started playing it yesterday and even today but no wins yet. i even played it for tonite. is this a good way to get  wins or is it better to just come up with my own?

I hate pick three i think its harder for me than pick 4, play three good luck.

United States
            Member #97951
            September 28, 2010
            241 Posts
            Posted: October 29, 2010, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

Play your set mixed allowed and then break it down to 2,3,4, possibilties of straight combinations with the least possible money or 50 cents a straight ticket.You don't want to win 5000 right away you want to expand your possibilities, expanding your possibilities is the secret.You have more chances winning with more tickets at 50 cents on the straight ones than 1$ straight per ticket. 1$ only for boxed or mixed numbers.if you know what you are doing 3 straight combos  of that particular pick 4 can bring you 2500.Increase your numbers and investment only as you win.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: October 30, 2010, 12:01 am - IP Logged

Play your set mixed allowed and then break it down to 2,3,4, possibilties of straight combinations with the least possible money or 50 cents a straight ticket.You don't want to win 5000 right away you want to expand your possibilities, expanding your possibilities is the secret.You have more chances winning with more tickets at 50 cents on the straight ones than 1$ straight per ticket. 1$ only for boxed or mixed numbers.if you know what you are doing 3 straight combos  of that particular pick 4 can bring you 2500.Increase your numbers and investment only as you win.

"You don't want to win 5000 right away..."

Yeah, that would suck.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Sacramento, CA
                United States
                Member #96354
                August 28, 2010
                159 Posts
                Posted: October 31, 2010, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

The whole concept of a lottery is that the numbers drawn seldom match the numbers wagered on. Before these games are implemented, the government determines the probabilities of winning combinations, then adjusts the required winning combinations beyond those probabilities. In California, we had a perfectly good 6/49 Lotto game.  The jackpots weren't stratospheric, but people won regularly. That was the way it started, but the state was not raking in as much money as they wanted, so they 'claimed' people were complaining about low jackpot amounts, and adjusted the odds to the level they are today, which are considerably higher (Actually, the odds were doubled). It is much like drug dealers giving you free samples to get you hooked on their product, then making you pay more and more for your fix.