Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

After the big win (5 million or more)

Topic closed. 65 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Fla386.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

You hit the Jackpot! What is the first thing you do?

Thank God [ 37 ]  [42.53%]
Seek finacial advice [ 3 ]  [3.45%]
Tell the boss where to go [ 1 ]  [1.15%]
Keep quiet and gather your thoughts [ 22 ]  [25.29%]
Tell your spouse or significant other [ 6 ]  [6.90%]
SCREAM! [ 4 ]  [4.60%]
Call in Rich [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Pinch yourself [ 1 ]  [1.15%]
Stare at your ticket in disbelief [ 12 ]  [13.79%]
Shout it from the rooftop! [ 1 ]  [1.15%]
Total Valid Votes [ 87 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
Member #47420
November 4, 2006
3930 Posts
Posted: November 24, 2010, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

Are you reading any of these posts?  Several people in here mention thanking God for their hypothetical lottery win.  The poll itself lists God in it.  I don't see a choice there for non-believers.  I stated what I would do with my winnings, which does not infringe on anyone's rights or serves as an insult to anyone, yet YOU came in here and started with the threats.  Someone needs a serious mental check.Disapprove

I don't know what communist country you live in but, in America, we are allowed to express different opinions without fear of being murdered by people who claim to be peaceful.  People like you are exactly why we need organizations like the Freedom from Religion Foundation.

I'm black, too, so maybe you want me to stay away from the "Whites Only" water fountains as well.Disapprove

"Whites Only"..Them went out in the 50's and 60's..tiggs and ridge lived them days..Like ridge said "Grow Up"...Dig??....PS..On the LP site we don't care if your black white yellow orange or pink so stop with the race card crap...tiggs has friends who are black white orange yellow and pink..Dig again?...

Pure luck

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: November 24, 2010, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

PS...tiggs sees your only 34 so you have time to grow,we'll wait..

Pure luck

Luminus's avatar - ouskuu

United States
      Member #51269
      April 3, 2007
      529 Posts
      Posted: November 24, 2010, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

"Whites Only"..Them went out in the 50's and 60's..tiggs and ridge lived them days..Like ridge said "Grow Up"...Dig??....PS..On the LP site we don't care if your black white yellow orange or pink so stop with the race card crap...tiggs has friends who are black white orange yellow and pink..Dig again?...

Calm down, tiggs95.  That other poster is out of his/her mind.  I threw that jab in there for fun, once I realized it was impossible to talk to that person.  As you can see, with every post, that poster gets more and more enraged.  Sad, but true.LOL

The universe does not bend to your ignorance.

Just because you believe it, doesn't make it true.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: November 25, 2010, 1:12 am - IP Logged

Calm down, tiggs95.  That other poster is out of his/her mind.  I threw that jab in there for fun, once I realized it was impossible to talk to that person.  As you can see, with every post, that poster gets more and more enraged.  Sad, but true.LOL

That was no jab. It was a plea for sympathy and special treatment and privileged behavior and it doesn't work anymore.

You embarrass yourself.

I'm not enraged, believe me, just amused. Amused at the joke of a freedom from religion foundation and dorks like you who keep the owners of that name living comfortably.

Maybe we need an FFDF  (Freedom From Dorks Foundation).

So today most of us will thank Almighty God for all we've been blessed with while you... uh... uh... well, whatever you dorks do, have a nice, blessed Thanksgiving anyway.

Uh-oh, am I still allowed to say that without offending you?

Yes, I believe I am.

Thank God!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

s5thomps's avatar - Lottery-033.jpg
          Hard Luck, Ak
          United States
          Member #23472
          October 13, 2005
          275 Posts
          Posted: November 25, 2010, 3:04 am - IP Logged

That was no jab. It was a plea for sympathy and special treatment and privileged behavior and it doesn't work anymore.

You embarrass yourself.

I'm not enraged, believe me, just amused. Amused at the joke of a freedom from religion foundation and dorks like you who keep the owners of that name living comfortably.

Maybe we need an FFDF  (Freedom From Dorks Foundation).

So today most of us will thank Almighty God for all we've been blessed with while you... uh... uh... well, whatever you dorks do, have a nice, blessed Thanksgiving anyway.

Uh-oh, am I still allowed to say that without offending you?

Yes, I believe I am.

Thank God!

Ridge Runner I have enjoyed reading your posts over the years and believe you to be a good person who happens to enjoy a little Jack Daniels now and then. That being said sometimes there is no arguing with fools. When I posted the poll I did not take in account that not everyone believes in God. Thats fine by me, my whole reason for posting the poll was to see what is the FIRST thing you would do after a jackpot win.  LUMINUS  don't take life to seriously Its fine by me that you don't believe in a higher power but that is not what the poll is all about. One thing about the lottery is that everyone who plays haves the same chance to win no matter if you are black, white, gay, straight or Native American or whatever your nationality is. Good Luck to everyone in the LP community and Happy Thanksgiving!                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Turkey

"You make a living by what you get, You make a LIFE by what you give"

Sir Winston Churchill

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: November 25, 2010, 4:23 am - IP Logged

Ridge Runner I have enjoyed reading your posts over the years and believe you to be a good person who happens to enjoy a little Jack Daniels now and then. That being said sometimes there is no arguing with fools. When I posted the poll I did not take in account that not everyone believes in God. Thats fine by me, my whole reason for posting the poll was to see what is the FIRST thing you would do after a jackpot win.  LUMINUS  don't take life to seriously Its fine by me that you don't believe in a higher power but that is not what the poll is all about. One thing about the lottery is that everyone who plays haves the same chance to win no matter if you are black, white, gay, straight or Native American or whatever your nationality is. Good Luck to everyone in the LP community and Happy Thanksgiving!                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Turkey

"You make a living by what you get, You make a LIFE by what you give"

Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks s5thomps.

Just for the record though I don't really set out to argue with the fools, I just think it's necessary to expose their foolishness sometimes. Most of the time they're just testing the waters to see how far they can push decent people around with their nonsense.

This last one thinks he has a right to not be offended by people mentioning God in their posts or you having His name in the poll.

These kind of nuts are getting out of hand.

Somebody had to say something.

--Edmund Burke

Luminus's avatar - ouskuu

United States
              Member #51269
              April 3, 2007
              529 Posts
              Posted: November 25, 2010, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

Alright, now this is just idiotic.  I said I posted that as a jab and that's that.  The problem here is that you're angry that I don't share your beliefs and that's too fu%$!ng bad.  I don't believe what you believe.  Deal with it.  The Freedom from Religion Foundation exists to keep fundamentalist theists like you from infringing on the rights of those who don't share your beliefs.  It's not my fault that crazy nut-jobs like you can't understand that.  Try actually reading what they're about, instead of cussing like a child.

It doesn't help to claim that you're a nice person, when you hurl insults as soon as someone reveals that they do not believe as you do.  You cannot force me to be a theist, no matter how hard you try.

As for the original poster, you can kiss my ass.  You come in here and the first thing you do is call me a fool.  If either of you were as you claim to be, you would've asked me why I wanted to give to those foundations.  But, like a typical fundi, all you want to do is get angry and start with the threats and insults (and yes, claiming that someone is going to kick my ass for saying I want to give to an atheist charity IS a threat).  Both of you are as transparent as the glass houses you're looking through.

rdgmr, mentions that I've embarrassed myself.  Too whom, exactly?  Are we in high school or something?  It seems to me that you're looking for validation from your fellow lotterypost members and that is truly sad.  You said that something needed to be said?  I totally agree, because people like you make me sick.  I don't share your beliefs.  Now, I've said it again.  Are you going to hurl more insults, now?

Anyone who wants to mention God in their posts can do so.  I have no problem with that.  (try reading those 2 sentences several times, so that you might comprehend).  If you believe in a god or the smurfs, I really don't care.  But DO NOT try to silence those who don't share your believes.  And don't be surprised when those of us who don't believe, defend ourselves when attacked for expressing that.

The universe does not bend to your ignorance.

Just because you believe it, doesn't make it true.

United States
                Member #47420
                November 4, 2006
                3930 Posts
                Posted: November 25, 2010, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

Wow joker and tiggs never got this deep and we got pretty deep at times but now we be palzzzey walllsey's..Maybe God touched us and said no more!!!..Let the good times roll..like rock and roll..Good God Almighty...Hang in there ridgey ole pal things will get better with age<<<----and you sure have that oldtimer..What you be close to a hundred?..

Pure luck

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: November 26, 2010, 12:15 am - IP Logged

Alright, now this is just idiotic.  I said I posted that as a jab and that's that.  The problem here is that you're angry that I don't share your beliefs and that's too fu%$!ng bad.  I don't believe what you believe.  Deal with it.  The Freedom from Religion Foundation exists to keep fundamentalist theists like you from infringing on the rights of those who don't share your beliefs.  It's not my fault that crazy nut-jobs like you can't understand that.  Try actually reading what they're about, instead of cussing like a child.

It doesn't help to claim that you're a nice person, when you hurl insults as soon as someone reveals that they do not believe as you do.  You cannot force me to be a theist, no matter how hard you try.

As for the original poster, you can kiss my ass.  You come in here and the first thing you do is call me a fool.  If either of you were as you claim to be, you would've asked me why I wanted to give to those foundations.  But, like a typical fundi, all you want to do is get angry and start with the threats and insults (and yes, claiming that someone is going to kick my ass for saying I want to give to an atheist charity IS a threat).  Both of you are as transparent as the glass houses you're looking through.

rdgmr, mentions that I've embarrassed myself.  Too whom, exactly?  Are we in high school or something?  It seems to me that you're looking for validation from your fellow lotterypost members and that is truly sad.  You said that something needed to be said?  I totally agree, because people like you make me sick.  I don't share your beliefs.  Now, I've said it again.  Are you going to hurl more insults, now?

Anyone who wants to mention God in their posts can do so.  I have no problem with that.  (try reading those 2 sentences several times, so that you might comprehend).  If you believe in a god or the smurfs, I really don't care.  But DO NOT try to silence those who don't share your believes.  And don't be surprised when those of us who don't believe, defend ourselves when attacked for expressing that.

"Are you reading any of these posts?  Several people in here mention thanking God for their hypothetical lottery win.  The poll itself lists God in it."

Really? OH MY GOD! The above quote by you from your previous post is the crux of your argument and the centerpiece of your whining so stop lying about it and trying to run away from it. (You know I'll keep reposting it for you).

Quite unbelievably for people who might not know how you whiners work is that you now say this:

"Anyone who wants to mention God in their posts can do so.  I have no problem with that."

Which is it gonna be? First you whine about being offended because we Christians thank God for things and for God being mentioned in the Poll and then when called out on it you deny it with a big fat lie as noted above. You are an unmitigated liar, Luminus.

And don't lecture me about jabs, sonny boy, I've taken jabs (real ones) and given them, as real men sometimes have had  to do. Whiners like you like to talk about manly things but  you always somehow keep yourself safely away from the rigors of a man's world. I've seen it all too often when it's time to put up or shut up. Your type is always suddenly gone or hiding with the women and children when the going gets tough. Whiners like you are always the first to turn tail and run, the first to beg for mercy, the first to humiliate themselves for self-preservation over all, the first to turn their back on their friends. And you, Luminus, are a whiner. And in your heart you know it and hate it that you have the heart of a woman.

The Internet has been the best thing ever for you guys though, hasn't it? You can pretend to be something you're not and says things you'd never say to a man's face without spitting out teeth afterward. You should thank God for that (or Al Gore in your case). Don't worry though, I'm the type that would protect you no matter how much of a weasel I know you are. It's just my nature.

You say I'm angry cuz you don't share my beliefs? Now you're really getting delusional, Nancy. Do you mind if I call you Nancy? You shy delicate whining type guys just put me to mind of women when you get all emotional and flustered like you did in your post above. So from now on you're Nancy. It just fits, doesn't it?

Now listen Nancy, believe me, I couldn't care less what your beliefs are. What I care about is when whining dorks like you want Christians and other religious groups to curtail our free speech because pansies like you might get offended. Well that's just too bad Nancy, put on your big boy pants and deal with it.

And why are you so incredibly frightened of that other religious group that doesn't turn the other cheek when attacked like Christians do? Why do you so consciously avoid attacking them, Nancy? Scared? I don't want to frighten you any further Nancy but they are the ones that make you join their religion when they are in power, not Christians. Those are your fundi theists that you would be trying to silence if you had any cojones, not us. But you'd rather attack the ones who turn the other cheek, not the ones who fight back, right Nancy?

Quit lying about threats too, Nancy.

"(and yes, claiming that someone is going to kick my ass for saying I want to give to an atheist charity IS a threat)." 

I'm sorry to keep hi-lighting your lies Nancy but the truth comes out eventually anyway my little muffin. Now you know I never said that but you want to lie about it even though there is evidence in this very thread that it's a lie. I said to go after the Buddhists because it was unlikely that they would kick your ass. And not getting your ass kicked is paramount with people like you. So you see, I was trying to help you stay safe Nancy. Quit lying.No No

Force you to be a theist? LOL! You haven't got the brains Nancy. Your Gods are in Hollywood and MSNBC News and SNL and the Jon Stewart Show and the likes I'm sure. And why would we want you to be a theist anyway? We can pray for whining dorks like you without wanting to associate with them.

Yes, you did embarrass yourself Nancy. Using the race card for sympathy went out the window a few years ago. Intelligent people of all races have enough integrity to defend their beliefs and core values without wanting to claim a perceived (by you apparently) handicap or crutch to excuse their lack of a single coherent foundational principle. You disgust everybody with that kind of weaseling out the back door to avoid a fight, Nancy.

So I hope what you've learned here Nancy, is that when you come to attack Christianity, some of us will stand up for our beliefs and principles. We will not shut up. We will not be silenced. We will not be bullied by any laughable foundation full of dorks like you. Your whining here will be in vain. How about we just discuss the lottery and not your seething hatred of Christians and the hate groups you support? C'mon Skippy, I'm in your corner! How about it? Truce? Shake hands? 

However you decide, here's hoping you had a nice, blessed Thanksgiving!See Ya! 

I know we both thank God for Thanksgiving! Gotta love that turkey, right? I'll bet the interesting thing about you is that you're a cranberry sauce guy! You could make a meal out of it, right? Ha ha ha ha ha! I hear ya buddy!

Thank God for that!     

--Edmund Burke

United States
                    Member #47420
                    November 4, 2006
                    3930 Posts
                    Posted: November 26, 2010, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

"Are you reading any of these posts?  Several people in here mention thanking God for their hypothetical lottery win.  The poll itself lists God in it."

Really? OH MY GOD! The above quote by you from your previous post is the crux of your argument and the centerpiece of your whining so stop lying about it and trying to run away from it. (You know I'll keep reposting it for you).

Quite unbelievably for people who might not know how you whiners work is that you now say this:

"Anyone who wants to mention God in their posts can do so.  I have no problem with that."

Which is it gonna be? First you whine about being offended because we Christians thank God for things and for God being mentioned in the Poll and then when called out on it you deny it with a big fat lie as noted above. You are an unmitigated liar, Luminus.

And don't lecture me about jabs, sonny boy, I've taken jabs (real ones) and given them, as real men sometimes have had  to do. Whiners like you like to talk about manly things but  you always somehow keep yourself safely away from the rigors of a man's world. I've seen it all too often when it's time to put up or shut up. Your type is always suddenly gone or hiding with the women and children when the going gets tough. Whiners like you are always the first to turn tail and run, the first to beg for mercy, the first to humiliate themselves for self-preservation over all, the first to turn their back on their friends. And you, Luminus, are a whiner. And in your heart you know it and hate it that you have the heart of a woman.

The Internet has been the best thing ever for you guys though, hasn't it? You can pretend to be something you're not and says things you'd never say to a man's face without spitting out teeth afterward. You should thank God for that (or Al Gore in your case). Don't worry though, I'm the type that would protect you no matter how much of a weasel I know you are. It's just my nature.

You say I'm angry cuz you don't share my beliefs? Now you're really getting delusional, Nancy. Do you mind if I call you Nancy? You shy delicate whining type guys just put me to mind of women when you get all emotional and flustered like you did in your post above. So from now on you're Nancy. It just fits, doesn't it?

Now listen Nancy, believe me, I couldn't care less what your beliefs are. What I care about is when whining dorks like you want Christians and other religious groups to curtail our free speech because pansies like you might get offended. Well that's just too bad Nancy, put on your big boy pants and deal with it.

And why are you so incredibly frightened of that other religious group that doesn't turn the other cheek when attacked like Christians do? Why do you so consciously avoid attacking them, Nancy? Scared? I don't want to frighten you any further Nancy but they are the ones that make you join their religion when they are in power, not Christians. Those are your fundi theists that you would be trying to silence if you had any cojones, not us. But you'd rather attack the ones who turn the other cheek, not the ones who fight back, right Nancy?

"(and yes, claiming that someone is going to kick my ass for saying I want to give to an atheist charity IS a threat)." 

I'm sorry to keep hi-lighting your lies Nancy but the truth comes out eventually anyway my little muffin. Now you know I never said that but you want to lie about it even though there is evidence in this very thread that it's a lie. I said to go after the Buddhists because it was unlikely that they would kick your ass. And not getting your ass kicked is paramount with people like you. So you see, I was trying to help you stay safe Nancy. Quit lying.No No

Force you to be a theist? LOL! You haven't got the brains Nancy. Your Gods are in Hollywood and MSNBC News and SNL and the Jon Stewart Show and the likes I'm sure. And why would we want you to be a theist anyway? We can pray for whining dorks like you without wanting to associate with them.

Yes, you did embarrass yourself Nancy. Using the race card for sympathy went out the window a few years ago. Intelligent people of all races have enough integrity to defend their beliefs and core values without wanting to claim a perceived (by you apparently) handicap or crutch to excuse their lack of a single coherent foundational principle. You disgust everybody with that kind of weaseling out the back door to avoid a fight, Nancy.

So I hope what you've learned here Nancy, is that when you come to attack Christianity, some of us will stand up for our beliefs and principles. We will not shut up. We will not be silenced. We will not be bullied by any laughable foundation full of dorks like you. Your whining here will be in vain. How about we just discuss the lottery and not your seething hatred of Christians and the hate groups you support? C'mon Skippy, I'm in your corner! How about it? Truce? Shake hands? 

I know we both thank God for Thanksgiving! Gotta love that turkey, right? I'll bet the interesting thing about you is that you're a cranberry sauce guy! You could make a meal out of it, right? Ha ha ha ha ha! I hear ya buddy!

Thank God for that!     

tiggs goodness ridge you must be a bit upset you never make a post this big..Maybe you should go get yourself an extra bottle of Jack and you and Sugar Britches go out in the woods and do your thing..Calm down ole palsey walsey...Maybe some LUCKY numbers will come to you out there..Happy trails..

Pure luck

United States
                      Member #47420
                      November 4, 2006
                      3930 Posts
                      Posted: November 26, 2010, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

tiggs goodness ridge you must be a bit upset you never make a post this big..Maybe you should go get yourself an extra bottle of Jack and you and Sugar Britches go out in the woods and do your thing..Calm down ole palsey walsey...Maybe some LUCKY numbers will come to you out there..Happy trails..

PS...Maybe the Jack is all you can handle at your age...

Pure luck

New York,
                        Panama
                        Member #73078
                        April 4, 2009
                        3490 Posts
                        Posted: November 26, 2010, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

Thank God for that!     

rd, I Can't leave you alone for a minute... That you don't go calling people "Woman's" Hearted???!!! 

I don't know about that rd, This woman's heart pumps no "Fear"  had to go up on the ledge of an 18 Storied building because that was the only way I could get back in the Loft to get "money, keys and my scary cat"  So Watch who you call woman heart...they may not measure up!!  You know what I mean Rd....LOl...LOl

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
                          Panama
                          Member #73078
                          April 4, 2009
                          3490 Posts
                          Posted: November 26, 2010, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

Wow joker and tiggs never got this deep and we got pretty deep at times but now we be palzzzey walllsey's..Maybe God touched us and said no more!!!..Let the good times roll..like rock and roll..Good God Almighty...Hang in there ridgey ole pal things will get better with age<<<----and you sure have that oldtimer..What you be close to a hundred?..

Tiggs!!!  With friends like you....Uuuggrr!!  when the shooting starts we need you home in bed with the Brain!!! OK!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                            Member #47420
                            November 4, 2006
                            3930 Posts
                            Posted: November 27, 2010, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

Tiggs!!!  With friends like you....Uuuggrr!!  when the shooting starts we need you home in bed with the Brain!!! OK!!!

SO WHAT!!!!...Oh wrong thread...

Pure luck

United States
                              Member #75358
                              June 1, 2009
                              5345 Posts
                              Posted: November 27, 2010, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

I just hope Visiondude doesn't see this thread, or we'll have 1/3 of the Bible typed here.....lol

As much as I love Ridge, he did jump down Luminus' throat for expressing his opinion. Personally as an Agnostic, I don't believe Atheists have a monopoly on truth either, but they do have a right to their opinion.

Like I've said a hundred times before, and I'll say it another hundred times, any group, be it religious or not, who claims they know that their beliefs are 100% true and that everyone else is completely wrong, is delusional or totally nuts, or both.