Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 2:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Please Keep our rd in Prayer.

Topic closed. 62 replies. Last post 6 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 5 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: October 24, 2010, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

Thank you konane, Puffalishous, Like2Win, marcie and Play-girl for your kind words.

I really appreciate it.

Thank you.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
    Member #56862
    December 6, 2007
    1826 Posts
    Posted: October 24, 2010, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

Gone From My Sight

I am standing upon the seashore, A ship spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for

the blue Ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand and watch her until at length she hangs

like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says: "There, she is gone!"             Gone where?

Gone from my sight. That is all.  She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left

my side and she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me, not in her.  And just at that moment someone at my side says:  "There,

she is gone!"  There are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad

shout:  "Here she comes!"    And that is dying.     A poem by Henry van Dyke.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: October 25, 2010, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

Gone From My Sight

I am standing upon the seashore, A ship spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for

the blue Ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand and watch her until at length she hangs

like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says: "There, she is gone!"             Gone where?

Gone from my sight. That is all.  She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left

my side and she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me, not in her.  And just at that moment someone at my side says:  "There,

she is gone!"  There are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad

shout:  "Here she comes!"    And that is dying.     A poem by Henry van Dyke.

Thanks kid, that was nice, I appreciate it.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke