Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 12:28 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Anyone ever get crappy numbers on their Powerball tickets?

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 6 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
South Dakota
United States
Member #24149
October 19, 2005
23 Posts
Posted: November 8, 2010, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

Such as ending up getting a bunch of numbers that consists of 30s, and one 50ish number from a quick pick?

Sometimes I have to pick my own numbers off the powerball number sheet that i get from the gas station downtown.

Sometimes I like quick picks then there are times that I hate quick picks since I get a quick pick that goes something like that

28, 32, 36, 28, 52 and then the powerball is a crappy number somewhere between 16 and the 20s

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: November 8, 2010, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

Such as ending up getting a bunch of numbers that consists of 30s, and one 50ish number from a quick pick?

Sometimes I have to pick my own numbers off the powerball number sheet that i get from the gas station downtown.

Sometimes I like quick picks then there are times that I hate quick picks since I get a quick pick that goes something like that

28, 32, 36, 28, 52 and then the powerball is a crappy number somewhere between 16 and the 20s

Now that's really bad when you get two 28's.

Never got any quite that bad myself.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
      Member #47420
      November 4, 2006
      3930 Posts
      Posted: November 8, 2010, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

QP's self picks it's all the same...L___...NEXT!!!...

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: November 8, 2010, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

Now that's really bad when you get two 28's.

Never got any quite that bad myself.

Lol.....Ridge...

I once had the number 76.... 3 times.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: November 8, 2010, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

Lol.....Ridge...

I once had the number 76.... 3 times.

Lol, you shoulda framed that one.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
            Member #75358
            June 1, 2009
            5345 Posts
            Posted: November 8, 2010, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

Yup, it's better to get your own picks. Much better chance to win. However, there really isn't a such thing as a group of bad numbers. They all have an equal chance of coming out. But by recognizing the lates patterns and trends, it's possible to have a slightly better edge.

Chaos does have patterns.

United Kingdom
              Member #70630
              February 7, 2009
              734 Posts
              Posted: November 8, 2010, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

Hi urrutiap, try this link it may help you select your numbers better and give some $ back, you can also convert it to PB..

http://heyview.com/m/files/view/1289232230 

billybouy...

Sometimes we can't see the woods for tree's, " so we have to clear a path "

United States
                Member #75358
                June 1, 2009
                5345 Posts
                Posted: November 8, 2010, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

Lol, you shoulda framed that one.

I couldn't because I won 3 times thanx to the 76, so I had to cash it in. But I should've made a copy of it first.

I only bought one ticket. It was....5-17-76-76-76....PB.....94

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #92330
                  June 5, 2010
                  887 Posts
                  Posted: November 8, 2010, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

I don't really think there are such things as bad groups of numbers.

Take for instance these:

06-07-26-27-49  9

25-27-35-38-39  28

01-03-12-19-20  28

Those were all numbers drawn for winners and they would all fall under most peoples idea of bad numbers. I know if I got those lines I would think to myself "dang those are weird" but I wouldn't lose hope or anything. The 2nd line actually one a $150+ million jackpot.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10392 Posts
                    Posted: November 8, 2010, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

Yup, it's better to get your own picks. Much better chance to win. However, there really isn't a such thing as a group of bad numbers. They all have an equal chance of coming out. But by recognizing the lates patterns and trends, it's possible to have a slightly better edge.

Chaos does have patterns.

Better to get your own picks?

Well here's two games, a 5/39 and a 6/52, YTD for 2010.

ILLINOIS LITTLE LOTTO To date:

131 Jackpots

57 PP    43.5%

113 QP    86.2%

Solo jackpots: 101

Shared jackpots: 30

The jackpot tally between PP (Player's Picks) and QP include shared jackpots so it totals more than the number of jackpots paid.

Here's the 6/52:

IILINOIS LOTTO

To date:

10 Jackpots

7 QP

3 PP

10 jackpots, 7 QP and 3 PP. Isn't that interesting as the lotteries tell us that 70% of tickets sales and jackpot winning tickets are QPs. Imagine that.

I don't know what the stats are for PB and MM but on one of their wesbites they makes the statement about the 70%....and conclude it with saying "but maybe thst's just coinicdence".

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Monkey Butt, USA
                      United States
                      Member #54569
                      August 23, 2007
                      1124 Posts
                      Posted: November 8, 2010, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

Any ticket that does not win is a "crappy ticket"

But I have had tickets that had all the numbers off by one digit.  I call those the "If only" tickets.

gonnawinwatchme's avatar - images
                        Wisconsin
                        United States
                        Member #58835
                        February 27, 2008
                        148 Posts
                        Posted: November 8, 2010, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

YES!!  I think the worst is when you have the same number that's your powerball AND it's in the same line. 

I once picked my own numbers, with the PB being 40 and there was a 10 in the line as well (don't remember the other numbers off hand).  I added a few QP's and, wouldn't you know it, it spit out almost the IDENTICAL numbers that I picked.  I have the ticket saved, I should scan it and post.  It's funny!

United States
                          Member #75358
                          June 1, 2009
                          5345 Posts
                          Posted: November 8, 2010, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

Better to get your own picks?

Well here's two games, a 5/39 and a 6/52, YTD for 2010.

ILLINOIS LITTLE LOTTO To date:

131 Jackpots

57 PP    43.5%

113 QP    86.2%

Solo jackpots: 101

Shared jackpots: 30

The jackpot tally between PP (Player's Picks) and QP include shared jackpots so it totals more than the number of jackpots paid.

Here's the 6/52:

IILINOIS LOTTO

To date:

10 Jackpots

7 QP

3 PP

10 jackpots, 7 QP and 3 PP. Isn't that interesting as the lotteries tell us that 70% of tickets sales and jackpot winning tickets are QPs. Imagine that.

I don't know what the stats are for PB and MM but on one of their wesbites they makes the statement about the 70%....and conclude it with saying "but maybe thst's just coinicdence".

Scared

The QP debate has been going on at the LP for 78 years now. The reason there are more QP winners is because more people play QPs than their own picks. It's easier for them to just tell the clerk to give them 5 QPs and they're on their way. That statistic is confirmed further by my own experiences on line at the store. I see it all the time.

It works in reverse just like the old and tired argument I keep having with a friend of mine about the safety of airline travel compared to fatal auto accidents. He keeps repeating what he hears in movies. My argument has always been that there are many more cars driving on the road, so the proprtions are way off. If there were millions of planes in the air instead of about 3,000, those airline crashes would be much higher. But as smart as he is, he just doesn't get it.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10392 Posts
                            Posted: November 9, 2010, 12:00 am - IP Logged

joker17,

Yeah, ther are some great questions in the Book of Questions about such things.

As for lotto, pick a state, pick a game, track it and see what you find.

Go ahead Taylor, go out to the Forbidden Zone, but you may not like what you see."

Dr. Zaius, Planet of the Apes

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                              Northern Virginia
                              United States
                              Member #83350
                              December 5, 2009
                              1322 Posts
                              Posted: November 9, 2010, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

I haven't played Powerball. I am protesting Powerball's unfair payouts by not playing.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!