Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 3:53 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Picking Your Own Numbers

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 6 years ago by TeAl*888.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
Member #47420
November 4, 2006
3930 Posts
Posted: November 23, 2010, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

I had a feeling someone was going to take my post the wrong way and twist it around. In fact, I was amazed it took this long for somebody to reply with a smirky comment.

My comment in no way discounts the fact that a method to increase the chances of hitting a higher tier prize does not exist. A trained eye can either remove or add numbers in combos tailored to have a better chance to hit for a specified period of time, like one or two draws, but nevertheless, they all still have an equal chance of showing BEFORE the observance is made. There's a BIG difference. I think it was my fault for not clarifying this.

Example: I may feel, based on my workout, that 3-17-33-44-51-53 may have a better chance to hit tonight because certain numbers may be overdue, or whatever. But the above combo still has the same chance of showing BEFORE the workout was done. In other words, unless you can see the biases that may benefit you after the fact, it's just another combination.

It's all about relativity and the observer within the Quantum world.

But the point I was making to the OP is that he is basing his combo to have an advantage soley because on some supposed mysterious backround behind those numbers, not because he was looking for patterns which may increase his chance in a given night's draw. It has more to do with a mystical sense than a systematical approach.....Example: It's like If I said I think 999 has a real good chance of winning in the P-3 game most of the time because when you multiply 9x9x9, it will always add up to 9........ 9x9=81...8+1=9............9x9x9=729.......7+2+9=18.....1+8=9......oooohhhhhhhh.....the mysterious number 9....ooooooooohhhhh.......But we all know triples are rare.....

This is just amazing..pumpi joker and ridge are just amazing..With that tiggs needs to go lie down..Just amazing..Maybe with some kind of good LUCK toggs won't wake up..Just amazing..Hold on Brain tiggs is coming!!!!...

Pure luck

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
    Northern Virginia
    United States
    Member #83350
    December 5, 2009
    1322 Posts
    Posted: November 23, 2010, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

It looks okay to me..

but I would put it in the 'less likely to be drawn' category

the reason is that if you look at the past draw results, it's very rare to have one number from teens, one from twenties, one from thirties and so on..

so this is a combination that in my opinion would be less likely to be drawn. But you'd never know! It just might pop up!

1-2-3-4-5 Bonus 6 has the exact same odds as any other combination!

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

TeAl*888's avatar - octa feathers.jpg
      Ontario
      Canada
      Member #97475
      September 17, 2010
      69 Posts
      Posted: November 23, 2010, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

1-2-3-4-5 Bonus 6 has the exact same odds as any other combination!

Indeed!

But I'd bet you dollar to donut you'll never win, if that's the combination you'd be playing

or 11 22 33 44 55 bonus 10

or 10 20 30 40 50 bonus 1

yes they have "the exact same odds as any other combination!"

but you'll never see them

Fractal

" Truth is a Pathless Land " Krishnamurti

United States
        Member #93947
        July 10, 2010
        2180 Posts
        Posted: November 24, 2010, 3:46 am - IP Logged

I had a feeling someone was going to take my post the wrong way and twist it around. In fact, I was amazed it took this long for somebody to reply with a smirky comment.

My comment in no way discounts the fact that a method to increase the chances of hitting a higher tier prize does not exist. A trained eye can either remove or add numbers in combos tailored to have a better chance to hit for a specified period of time, like one or two draws, but nevertheless, they all still have an equal chance of showing BEFORE the observance is made. There's a BIG difference. I think it was my fault for not clarifying this.

Example: I may feel, based on my workout, that 3-17-33-44-51-53 may have a better chance to hit tonight because certain numbers may be overdue, or whatever. But the above combo still has the same chance of showing BEFORE the workout was done. In other words, unless you can see the biases that may benefit you after the fact, it's just another combination.

It's all about relativity and the observer within the Quantum world.

But the point I was making to the OP is that he is basing his combo to have an advantage soley because on some supposed mysterious backround behind those numbers, not because he was looking for patterns which may increase his chance in a given night's draw. It has more to do with a mystical sense than a systematical approach.....Example: It's like If I said I think 999 has a real good chance of winning in the P-3 game most of the time because when you multiply 9x9x9, it will always add up to 9........ 9x9=81...8+1=9............9x9x9=729.......7+2+9=18.....1+8=9......oooohhhhhhhh.....the mysterious number 9....ooooooooohhhhh.......But we all know triples are rare.....

Triples are rare?  I didn't know that.  Try a few numbers here and see how often they hit over 32 years.  It's fun to compare numbers like 333 and 537.  Smiley

http://www.palottery.state.pa.us/winning-numbers-search.aspx?id=2

Be sure to stick with the (Evening) results.  The (Midday) hasn't been around that long.

United States
          Member #93947
          July 10, 2010
          2180 Posts
          Posted: November 24, 2010, 3:57 am - IP Logged

Indeed!

But I'd bet you dollar to donut you'll never win, if that's the combination you'd be playing

or 11 22 33 44 55 bonus 10

or 10 20 30 40 50 bonus 1

yes they have "the exact same odds as any other combination!"

but you'll never see them

"but you'll never see them"

Why not?

Will you ever see:

05  23  34  45  57  (27)

When?

Ontario
            Canada
            Member #97475
            September 17, 2010
            69 Posts
            Posted: November 24, 2010, 11:58 am - IP Logged

"but you'll never see them"

Why not?

Will you ever see:

05  23  34  45  57  (27)

When?

"Why not?"  Don't know ..it's magic!!

"Will you ever see: 05  23  34  45  57  (27) Don't know

"When?"    Don't know

therefore one can assume that I have no clue as to which is the right combination to play and which is the wrong one..

so we can all carry on playing the numbers that we think should win

and let Destiny/Luck play its part

Fractal

United States
              Member #93947
              July 10, 2010
              2180 Posts
              Posted: November 24, 2010, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

Since "never" is a Universal Quantifier, I guess I can deduce that you're not really sure that  "...you'll never see them."

Ontario
                Canada
                Member #97475
                September 17, 2010
                69 Posts
                Posted: November 24, 2010, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

Since "never" is a Universal Quantifier, I guess I can deduce that you're not really sure that  "...you'll never see them."

Yes, It would be more logical to use the term "highly unlikely" than "never"

But the point I'm trying to make is : Since it's "Highly unlikely" for such combinations to be drawn, don't waste your time and cash, if you can help it..

Fractal

United States
                  Member #75358
                  June 1, 2009
                  5345 Posts
                  Posted: November 24, 2010, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

Triples are rare?  I didn't know that.  Try a few numbers here and see how often they hit over 32 years.  It's fun to compare numbers like 333 and 537.  Smiley

http://www.palottery.state.pa.us/winning-numbers-search.aspx?id=2

Be sure to stick with the (Evening) results.  The (Midday) hasn't been around that long.

Well, since there are only 10 triples out of a thousand possibilities, I'd say they are rare. Recently in Florida, they've showed their faces more than the average estimates, but those events happen and then go back to normal.....for the most part.

United States
                    Member #75358
                    June 1, 2009
                    5345 Posts
                    Posted: November 24, 2010, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

Yes, It would be more logical to use the term "highly unlikely" than "never"

But the point I'm trying to make is : Since it's "Highly unlikely" for such combinations to be drawn, don't waste your time and cash, if you can help it..

It's just as highly unlikey for it to show as it is for any other combination before it is examined. Only after a full examination can it be determined whether it's a good candidate.

The number 984 had the same chance of coming as any other combo a few years ago, but after I set up my charts and examined in detail all the angles, I realized that 984 had the best chance to show that fateful day in Florida. I won $3,000 that night because of my efforts in looking for pattern verifications. But before the study, that number had as much chance of coming out as any other number.

Relativity and personal observance changes everything. It's all relative.

A piece of metal will stay a piece of metal until someone shapes it into something useful. Human interface is key to change.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                      Dallas, Texas
                      United States
                      Member #4549
                      May 2, 2004
                      1823 Posts
                      Posted: November 24, 2010, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

Relative is the best description.

1 in 1000 odds produce a fair certainty in Pick 3.

1 in 195, 249, 054 produce a fair uncertainty in Powerball.

Apples to oranges.

Ontario
                        Canada
                        Member #97475
                        September 17, 2010
                        69 Posts
                        Posted: November 24, 2010, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

It's just as highly unlikey for it to show as it is for any other combination before it is examined. Only after a full examination can it be determined whether it's a good candidate.

The number 984 had the same chance of coming as any other combo a few years ago, but after I set up my charts and examined in detail all the angles, I realized that 984 had the best chance to show that fateful day in Florida. I won $3,000 that night because of my efforts in looking for pattern verifications. But before the study, that number had as much chance of coming out as any other number.

Relativity and personal observance changes everything. It's all relative.

A piece of metal will stay a piece of metal until someone shapes it into something useful. Human interface is key to change.

Exactly!

In other words, if your "efforts in looking for pattern verifications"  lead you to the conclusion that '10 20 30 40 50 B 11' or '777' is a "good candidate" , then you would play that  set. 

l