Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I hate when this happens! Cashier gives me ticket with wrong payment option!

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 6 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Annual Payments's avatar - annual 20payments.jpg
Houston, TX
United States
Member #9841
December 23, 2004
236 Posts
Posted: November 24, 2010, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

I actually feel kinda pissed off about this!  U know what I hate?  When I'm telling the cashier what I want, and they give me the cash option.  I just went and bought a TX Lotto ticket today.  The cashier was asking me how old I am, and was kinda making small talk.  I said, "I would like a Lotto.  Annual Payments Option."  When he handed me the ticket, it said Cash Value Option on it.  It makes me want to just buy my tickets at the lottery kiosk machines here.  This is not the first time this has happened.  If I win the jackpot, I don't want any crap.  I'll still be super happy that I won, but one lump sum is not how I want my prize.  I'm going to take the ticket!  It might be the jackpot winner!  But it's not what I asked for and that annoys me.

Anyone else had any similar experiences with this?  Like, getting the wrong payment option on your ticket?  I guess some of it really all boils down to not getting exactly what you want, more particularly, what you're paying for.

Sunny California
    United States
    Member #40295
    May 31, 2006
    7712 Posts
    Posted: November 24, 2010, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

Can't they cancel your ticket and give you a new one? I know I used to have to do that to people's mistake tickets here in CA but that was years ago. Maybe they don't do that anymore?

Houston, TX
      United States
      Member #9841
      December 23, 2004
      236 Posts
      Posted: November 24, 2010, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

I don't know if they do that.  I've never heard of that.  I still wouldn't want to chance it.  It might be the winner!  or a 2nd place or something.  It just annoys me when it happens.  I even know what buttons to press on the machine to get the right ticket.  I walked a cashier through it one time.

United States
        Member #91313
        May 15, 2010
        141 Posts
        Posted: November 24, 2010, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

You shouldn't worry too much.....buy another ticket...

That is a good problem to have after the fact that youve won!

most everyday people don't listen when ones is saying something so fu%&*)@# it!!!

unless if you are on an airport,public place,plane that you have a bomb!!!!

If you want God to laugh, tell him your plans!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10350 Posts
          Posted: November 24, 2010, 3:03 pm - IP Logged

Annual Payments

In the long run the c lerk might have been doing you a favor, "all things considered" (2012, the thieves in D.C., etc...)

Play the same ticket again the way you want it, and should you hit, split the kacjpot with yourself! One annual payment and one cash option! That would put you in the Lotto hall of Fame!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
            Member #13130
            March 30, 2005
            2171 Posts
            Posted: November 24, 2010, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

I stopped running into problems (mistakes, didn't-hear-ya's, etc.) when I started filling out a playslip in advance.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
            Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10350 Posts
              Posted: November 24, 2010, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

In Illinois we don't have those options but should you win you decide annuity or cash then, but I was going to suggest the same thing, even if it's just to ask for a QP and the option, fill out the slip.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Sunny California
                United States
                Member #40295
                May 31, 2006
                7712 Posts
                Posted: November 24, 2010, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

I don't know if they do that.  I've never heard of that.  I still wouldn't want to chance it.  It might be the winner!  or a 2nd place or something.  It just annoys me when it happens.  I even know what buttons to press on the machine to get the right ticket.  I walked a cashier through it one time.

I wouldn't worry about it being a winner,lol. My boss used to buy every mistake ticket and he never won a dime off even one of them. I would ask them to cancel it if this happens to you again. The customer's always right! 

Houston, TX
                  United States
                  Member #9841
                  December 23, 2004
                  236 Posts
                  Posted: November 24, 2010, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I may start doing that.  It totally slipped my mind that that is an option. 

This doesn't happen often, but it's just annoying when it does.

LAKE HAVASU AZ
                    United States
                    Member #44729
                    August 8, 2006
                    446 Posts
                    Posted: November 24, 2010, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

i HATE  when i'm behind some one "TELLING" the cashier what numbers they want and of course the customer yells at them  and again telling them they did it wrong ...i agree ALOT  with ya timetreat... SO EVERYBODY FILL OUT YOUR SLIPS...LOLWink

some day....some day

sully16's avatar - sharan
                      Ringleader
                      Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #81740
                      October 28, 2009
                      40421 Posts
                      Posted: November 24, 2010, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

i HATE  when i'm behind some one "TELLING" the cashier what numbers they want and of course the customer yells at them  and again telling them they did it wrong ...i agree ALOT  with ya timetreat... SO EVERYBODY FILL OUT YOUR SLIPS...LOLWink

had that happen today, it's more than annoying, I AGREE..FILL OUT YOUR SLIPS.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Fla386's avatar - nw sorc2.jpg
                        Florida
                        United States
                        Member #99664
                        October 29, 2010
                        3332 Posts
                        Posted: November 24, 2010, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

Agree Thumbs Up    As for getting a option for what type of payout you want on the pay slip,I have never heard of that before. Not a 100% sure,I don't think Florida has this option on any of the games play slips.

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7308 Posts
                          Posted: November 24, 2010, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

Agree Thumbs Up    As for getting a option for what type of payout you want on the pay slip,I have never heard of that before. Not a 100% sure,I don't think Florida has this option on any of the games play slips.

When Ohio joined MM, the tickets could not be canceled so if it was the clerks mistake, they or the store had to buy it. The cash or payment option was made when by they winner when they validated their tickets.

"Not a 100% sure,I don't think Florida has this option on any of the games play slips."

I'm not sure either, but I doubt any lotteries are making players chose cash or payments when they buy MM or PB tickets.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                            Texas
                            United States
                            Member #55889
                            October 23, 2007
                            5595 Posts
                            Posted: November 24, 2010, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

When Ohio joined MM, the tickets could not be canceled so if it was the clerks mistake, they or the store had to buy it. The cash or payment option was made when by they winner when they validated their tickets.

"Not a 100% sure,I don't think Florida has this option on any of the games play slips."

I'm not sure either, but I doubt any lotteries are making players chose cash or payments when they buy MM or PB tickets.

In Texas we must choose cash or annuity at the time of purchase. This is probably different than some other states. We can't cancel a Lotto ticket after purchase.

The best way to buy tickets is to use playslips. That way there is no way for the clerk to make a mistake.

The only problem I have with playslips is that for some reason, the terminal has a hard time reading the Texas 2 Step playslips. Anyone else in Texas have that experience?

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19825 Posts
                              Posted: November 24, 2010, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

I actually feel kinda pissed off about this!  U know what I hate?  When I'm telling the cashier what I want, and they give me the cash option.  I just went and bought a TX Lotto ticket today.  The cashier was asking me how old I am, and was kinda making small talk.  I said, "I would like a Lotto.  Annual Payments Option."  When he handed me the ticket, it said Cash Value Option on it.  It makes me want to just buy my tickets at the lottery kiosk machines here.  This is not the first time this has happened.  If I win the jackpot, I don't want any crap.  I'll still be super happy that I won, but one lump sum is not how I want my prize.  I'm going to take the ticket!  It might be the jackpot winner!  But it's not what I asked for and that annoys me.

Anyone else had any similar experiences with this?  Like, getting the wrong payment option on your ticket?  I guess some of it really all boils down to not getting exactly what you want, more particularly, what you're paying for.

In Ohio winners have up to 60 day after the drawing to choose the annuity or cash option.  But the good news is that the annuity only applies to the jackpot and your chance of winning that is about that of a snow ball in H....  Good luck.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking