Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I hate when this happens! Cashier gives me ticket with wrong payment option!

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 6 years ago by RJOh.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
Member #47420
November 4, 2006
3930 Posts
Posted: November 24, 2010, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

In Ohio winners have up to 60 day after the drawing to choose the annuity or cash option.  But the good news is that the annuity only applies to the jackpot and your chance of winning that is about that of a snow ball in H....  Good luck.

You said it "good luck"..With all the sustems we have here at the LP you'd think someone would have hit a jackpot by now...and tiggs hopes someone  does...soon!!..Good luck!!...

Pure luck

danyo1332's avatar - 198208 10150427293015037_578305036_17777547_4875050_n
    clinton, ohio
    United States
    Member #94566
    July 22, 2010
    1920 Posts
    Posted: November 24, 2010, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

I'm a cashier and YES its very annoying when people are telling you what numebrs to play instead of using the bet slips! Good thing i know what theyre talking about with pick 3/4 numbers and am fast :P haha

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/231108 My Definite Double System

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/231369 My P4 to P3 Pair System

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233360 My Digit 9 Significance System

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7314 Posts
      Posted: November 25, 2010, 10:09 am - IP Logged

I'm a cashier and YES its very annoying when people are telling you what numebrs to play instead of using the bet slips! Good thing i know what theyre talking about with pick 3/4 numbers and am fast :P haha

Some people like to give clerks PB and MM numbers right off the top of their heads and usually look like a deer in the headlights when they can't come up with the last number. It's one thing to make verbal bets on Pick-3 and Pick-4 but for the rest of the games, they should use playslips.

Ever had anybody verbally give you Ten Oh numbers?

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7314 Posts
        Posted: November 25, 2010, 10:23 am - IP Logged

In Texas we must choose cash or annuity at the time of purchase. This is probably different than some other states. We can't cancel a Lotto ticket after purchase.

The best way to buy tickets is to use playslips. That way there is no way for the clerk to make a mistake.

The only problem I have with playslips is that for some reason, the terminal has a hard time reading the Texas 2 Step playslips. Anyone else in Texas have that experience?

Years ago Ohio made players decide cash or payments when purchasing their tickets too. What made it even more complicated, there was a Kicker game and players asking for QPs had to chose "yes or no" to the Kicker along with cash or payments.

Technology is finally catching up and the newer terminals do have better card readers, but some still pick up a small dot and won't print the tickets.

Raven62's avatar - binary
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          49784 Posts
          Posted: November 25, 2010, 11:26 am - IP Logged

I actually feel kinda pissed off about this!  U know what I hate?  When I'm telling the cashier what I want, and they give me the cash option.  I just went and bought a TX Lotto ticket today.  The cashier was asking me how old I am, and was kinda making small talk.  I said, "I would like a Lotto.  Annual Payments Option."  When he handed me the ticket, it said Cash Value Option on it.  It makes me want to just buy my tickets at the lottery kiosk machines here.  This is not the first time this has happened.  If I win the jackpot, I don't want any crap.  I'll still be super happy that I won, but one lump sum is not how I want my prize.  I'm going to take the ticket!  It might be the jackpot winner!  But it's not what I asked for and that annoys me.

Anyone else had any similar experiences with this?  Like, getting the wrong payment option on your ticket?  I guess some of it really all boils down to not getting exactly what you want, more particularly, what you're paying for.

This has happened quite a few times before: Getting Mad when other Play Options are Available: Says something about the Player that Doesn't take Advantage of those Options.

Take the Lottery Clerk out of the Lottery Experience: Fill out a Bet Slip with Your Play Options!

Or Continue to Play the Way You Do Now: And Continue to Get Mad! Thud See Ya!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19830 Posts
            Posted: November 25, 2010, 11:47 am - IP Logged

You said it "good luck"..With all the sustems we have here at the LP you'd think someone would have hit a jackpot by now...and tiggs hopes someone  does...soon!!..Good luck!!...

Facts are most players at LP aren't trying to win a jackpot, they are trying to win the top prizes in pick3 and pick4 games.  The most active LP forums are pick3 and pick4 and the most talked about system is Vtrac which is designed for pick3 games.  Systems for the jackpot games are seldom used by any one other than the players talking about them if that many, they involve more time picking numbers than the average player want to spend.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking