Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's Going On in NYC?

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 6 years ago by kapla.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92609
June 10, 2010
3692 Posts
Posted: December 2, 2010, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

I believe this is the third time in appoximately the last two months that multiple JP or 2nd place winning tickets have been sold at the same store in Brooklyn.  The latest (below) was for the 12/1/10 Powerball drawing. 

The best explanation I can think of for it is players with a lot of cash are wheeling numbers.  What say you?

25 SECOND-PRIZE WINNERS OF $200000.

New York
Winners
Prize
Level
Numbers MatchedPrize
Amount
0First5 of 5 + Powerball$0.00
12Second5 of 5$200,000.00
Winning Counties: Bronx, Suffolk(2), New York(9)

Retailer Locations:

• FRANK RIVERA LIQUOR STORE, 910 JENNINGS ST, BRONX
  • LUCKY CORNER, 200 W 96TH STREET, NEW YORK
  • KING KULLEN #59, 29 MONTAUK HWY, BLUE POINT
  • 7-ELEVEN #27642, 22-20 WEST WATER STREET, SAG HARBOR

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
    United States
    Member #92609
    June 10, 2010
    3692 Posts
    Posted: December 2, 2010, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

Here are the other two times.  It happened on 10/5/10 in Take5, and on 9/17/10 for MegaMillions.

17 SECOND-PRIZE WINNERS OF $250,000.
    (TICKETS SOLD IN CA, GA, IL, MD, MI, NJ, NY, PA, VA)

New York
    Winners
    Prize
    Level
    Numbers MatchedPrize
    Amount
    1First5 of 5 + Mega Ball$ 54,000,000.00
    Winning Counties: Kings(QP)

Retailer Locations:

• MELISSA MEAT MARKET CORP, 772 SUTTER AVE, BROOKLYN
    8Second5 of 5$250,000.00
    Winning Counties: Bronx, Kings(5), Monroe, Suffolk(QP)

Retailer Locations:

• PEMM LLC, 375 KENNETH DR, ROCHESTER
    • 7-ELEVEN #34298A, 235 SMITHTOWN BLVD, NESCONSET
    • MERRY DELI-STATIONARY CORP, 2196 WHITE PLAINS RD, BRONX
    • VC GAMES, 5518 5TH AVE, BROOKLYN

October 5, 2010 Take Five Winning Numbers:
    13 - 15 - 20 - 22 - 35

Prize
    Level
    Numbers
    Matched
    Prize
    Amount
    No. of
    Winners
    First5 out of 5$11,493.507
    Winning Counties: Onondaga(QP), Queens(5), Suffolk

Retailer Locations:

• QUICKWAY #33, 512 STATE FAIR BLVD, SYRACUSE
    • KINSI CREATIONS INC, 348-1 LAKE AVENUE, ST JAMES
    • C-TOWN SUPERMARKET, 142-36 FOCH BLVD, JAMAICA

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
      Member #94616
      July 24, 2010
      4735 Posts
      Posted: December 2, 2010, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

WOW!! - the bottom one, Take 5 from 10/5, the other  2  winners would have won 26k instead of 11k! Doh

United States
        Member #61232
        May 16, 2008
        126 Posts
        Posted: December 2, 2010, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

It's highly unusual for this to be happening.  This is one of those things that make you go hmmmm....

sully16's avatar - sharan
          Ringleader
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #81740
          October 28, 2009
          40299 Posts
          Posted: December 2, 2010, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

could be someone wheeling numbers, but it does sound strange.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

s5thomps's avatar - Lottery-033.jpg
            Hard Luck, Ak
            United States
            Member #23472
            October 13, 2005
            275 Posts
            Posted: December 2, 2010, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

could be someone wheeling numbers, but it does sound strange.

There probably was one person in Brooklyn who played the same numbers on 9 different tickets. They may have just had a "feeling" about those numbers. I know that I have brought multiple tickets of pick 3 with the same numbers on a gut feeling but they have never worked out. The person or people who brought those tickets just got a major score in the tune of 1.8 million. Cograts to the winner or winners in Brooklyn! "Brooklyn is definetly in the house!"

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"    Sun Smiley

Morgan Freeman Shawshank Redemption

NY State
              United States
              Member #92609
              June 10, 2010
              3692 Posts
              Posted: December 2, 2010, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

It's highly unusual for this to be happening.  This is one of those things that make you go hmmmm....

I too think it is highly unusual.... 

I also think The NYS Lottery knows how/why each of the multiple wins came about.

Somebody had to go to the NYS Lottery Regional Claim Office and present those winning tickets.  I believe the winner was asked by the Lottery how it came to be that he/she had 9 second place winning Powerball tickets all purchased at "Lucky Corner" on 96th St in Manhattan.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                Massachusetts
                United States
                Member #37433
                April 14, 2006
                2747 Posts
                Posted: December 2, 2010, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

In 2009 William Harvey of NJ played NY's Win 4 straight match 700 times on a midday drawing and hit. I believe the numbers came to him in a dream. He grossed $3.5M.

That money's gone fo ever

United States
                  Member #75358
                  June 1, 2009
                  5345 Posts
                  Posted: December 2, 2010, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

In 2009 William Harvey of NJ played NY's Win 4 straight match 700 times on a midday drawing and hit. I believe the numbers came to him in a dream. He grossed $3.5M.

The following is the story........

winner

Sit back and take a deep breath... Because you are about to hear the most unbelievable and astonishing lottery story that I've ever covered on this blog - EVER!

A man from New Jersey, by the name of William Harvey had a dream. It was a dream about his late mother. So, the next day, he decided to play Win 4 numbers with his mother's birthday, the 29th of December. Win 4 is a game from New York Lottery that costs $1 to play, where you must choose four numbers. The top prize for matching all four numbers is $5000. The odds of winning the top prize are 1-in-10,000. He played 2912. But he didn't just buy one ticket. No, he bought 700 tickets. He spent $700 on the lottery just because he dreamed about his mother! Unbelievable? Yes! Astonishing? Yes!

Now, if you were a friend, co-worker, or related to Mr Harvey, and he told you about his plan, you would try to stop him, wouldn't you? That would be the sensible thing to do. DON'T DO IT WILLIAM, THAT'S CRAZY!!! Maybe someone did try to stop him from making a foolish mistake. But he did it anyway.

Guess what happened? He won. He won on all 700 tickets he bought with the same number, 2912. He won $5000 for each ticket played. Do you know what that adds up to? $3.5 million! Unbelievable? YES! Astonishing? Yes!

At the time of his big win, William Harvey was a construction worker and lived in Manalapan, New Jersey, which is about half hour southwest of New York City. He said that he planned to use the money to pay off bills and also to buy a house. Let's just hope he doesn't do anything foolish with the money... like buy hundreds of dollars worth of lottery tickets. Actually, maybe that's not so foolish, after all!

sully16's avatar - sharan
                    Ringleader
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #81740
                    October 28, 2009
                    40299 Posts
                    Posted: December 2, 2010, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

wow wtg William,

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                      Member #47420
                      November 4, 2006
                      3930 Posts
                      Posted: December 2, 2010, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

The following is the story........

winner

Sit back and take a deep breath... Because you are about to hear the most unbelievable and astonishing lottery story that I've ever covered on this blog - EVER!

A man from New Jersey, by the name of William Harvey had a dream. It was a dream about his late mother. So, the next day, he decided to play Win 4 numbers with his mother's birthday, the 29th of December. Win 4 is a game from New York Lottery that costs $1 to play, where you must choose four numbers. The top prize for matching all four numbers is $5000. The odds of winning the top prize are 1-in-10,000. He played 2912. But he didn't just buy one ticket. No, he bought 700 tickets. He spent $700 on the lottery just because he dreamed about his mother! Unbelievable? Yes! Astonishing? Yes!

Now, if you were a friend, co-worker, or related to Mr Harvey, and he told you about his plan, you would try to stop him, wouldn't you? That would be the sensible thing to do. DON'T DO IT WILLIAM, THAT'S CRAZY!!! Maybe someone did try to stop him from making a foolish mistake. But he did it anyway.

Guess what happened? He won. He won on all 700 tickets he bought with the same number, 2912. He won $5000 for each ticket played. Do you know what that adds up to? $3.5 million! Unbelievable? YES! Astonishing? Yes!

At the time of his big win, William Harvey was a construction worker and lived in Manalapan, New Jersey, which is about half hour southwest of New York City. He said that he planned to use the money to pay off bills and also to buy a house. Let's just hope he doesn't do anything foolish with the money... like buy hundreds of dollars worth of lottery tickets. Actually, maybe that's not so foolish, after all!

How come joker can't do this?..Maybe he's sleeping in the wrong room..Bet William Harvey lost a long time before he got "lucky"..If you think anything else joker you are nuts...but we know this..If he used any other way to win then WHY DIDEN'T HE USE IT A LONG TIME AGO AND WAIT TILL NOW...BOOBIE!!..BECAUSE HE WAS LUCKY...

Pure luck

United States
                        Member #75358
                        June 1, 2009
                        5345 Posts
                        Posted: December 2, 2010, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

How come joker can't do this?..Maybe he's sleeping in the wrong room..Bet William Harvey lost a long time before he got "lucky"..If you think anything else joker you are nuts...but we know this..If he used any other way to win then WHY DIDEN'T HE USE IT A LONG TIME AGO AND WAIT TILL NOW...BOOBIE!!..BECAUSE HE WAS LUCKY...

He waited till now because of the dream, you bumbling.......oh never mind.....It's a waste of my time.

I like you Tiggs, but talking to you is truly worse than talking to a brick wall.  

I'm thru wasting my energy writing to you about anything at all from this point on. It simply is NOT worth it.....

If this story doesn't convince you that paranormal abilities exist in some people, then nothing will. Like I've said in other forums to others regarding the religious topics.....I'll say it again....."Talking to you about ESP is like a Geoliogist debating a flat Earth believer". It simply won't work!

Have a nice life....

United States
                          Member #47420
                          November 4, 2006
                          3930 Posts
                          Posted: December 2, 2010, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

He waited till now because of the dream, you bumbling.......oh never mind.....It's a waste of my time.

I like you Tiggs, but talking to you is truly worse than talking to a brick wall.  

I'm thru wasting my energy writing to you about anything at all from this point on. It simply is NOT worth it.....

If this story doesn't convince you that paranormal abilities exist in some people, then nothing will. Like I've said in other forums to others regarding the religious topics.....I'll say it again....."Talking to you about ESP is like a Geoliogist debating a flat Earth believer". It simply won't work!

Have a nice life....

How will tiggs ever make it thru life without the big boob joker screaming at him..Oh my oh my!!..Please say it ain't so...boobie...

Pure luck

United States
                            Member #47420
                            November 4, 2006
                            3930 Posts
                            Posted: December 2, 2010, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

How will tiggs ever make it thru life without the big boob joker screaming at him..Oh my oh my!!..Please say it ain't so...boobie...

PS...GOOD LUCK JOKER!!!...

Pure luck

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                              Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23260 Posts
                              Posted: December 3, 2010, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.