Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Question to SINGLE MEN.

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Gagirl79.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Would you get married if you won the Mega Millions?

Yes [ 12 ]  [25.00%]
No, that would be a disaster [ 20 ]  [41.67%]
No, I'm afraid that the Woman will be a Goldigger [ 9 ]  [18.75%]
No, I've been divorced too many times [ 1 ]  [2.08%]
No, I'm afraid of divorce and splitting the money [ 6 ]  [12.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 48 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  
rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
Texas
United States
Member #55889
October 23, 2007
5611 Posts
Posted: December 17, 2010, 9:58 am - IP Logged

After my incident with my female-friend, I am skeptical about lady-friends, dates, getting married if I ever won the Mega Millions.  Even petty prizes turned everything upside down.  When it comes to money, I have trouble trusting the opposite sex.

Where's rdgrnr when we need him???

He could tell us all about his "wimmins".

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

glovbug's avatar - Lottery-048.jpg
    NORTH CAROLINA
    United States
    Member #79458
    September 1, 2009
    130 Posts
    Posted: December 17, 2010, 10:03 am - IP Logged

money cant bring REAL love and HAPPYNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROUND AND ROUND I GOOOOOOOOOOChristmas

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19830 Posts
      Posted: December 17, 2010, 11:31 am - IP Logged

After my incident with my female-friend, I am skeptical about lady-friends, dates, getting married if I ever won the Mega Millions.  Even petty prizes turned everything upside down.  When it comes to money, I have trouble trusting the opposite sex.

When I first read about your situation I thought it was a friendship between two women but if you are a man and she considered herself your lady-friend or date, her expectations might have been more.  Women say they want to be treated like equals but some expect better from a man even if they aren't married to them.

I once had a co-worker who consider me a friend but not her boy friend who would ask to accompany me on my lunch breaks.  She had the idea that when ever we had lunch together I should pay for her lunch too.  I finally had to tell her I considered her a co-worker who could pay for her own lunch just like the guys.  Later after she was fired for missing too much work, she still considered me enough of a friend to be invited to her wedding.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
        Member #13130
        March 30, 2005
        2171 Posts
        Posted: December 17, 2010, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

Now, I ain't sayin' they're all gold-diggers ... Wink

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
          Texas
          United States
          Member #92330
          June 5, 2010
          887 Posts
          Posted: December 17, 2010, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

I don't think I'd get married right now, having not won the lottery. I really enjoy the freedoms I have being single and if I won the lottery I think I would enjoy those freedoms even more, being able to travel and make other decisions without having to consult my partner.

Having said that, there's always the chance of changing my mind, and if I did that after winning the lottery I don't think I would have too big a problem. I don't plan on collecting and letting everyone know my name and I also don't plan on staying in the same city after winning, even the same state. So after collecting through a trust and moving out of state, having to deal with women coming to me just because I've won isn't something I'm that worried about. Yes there is the fact that I have a lot of money so I'd still have to deal with gold-diggers and other women going after me solely because of my money, but through different things I would ensure I would still hang onto it if she does end up divorcing me. I would also not marry her before 1-2 years had passed so that I would have a better understanding of why she's marrying me. As for having to pay child support, having children is something I want even less than getting married (reasons I don't care to get into here) so that isn't even a discussion.

So yea, whether I got married after winning the lottery or not it would be down to my views on marriage overall, not because I don't trust any of them (that's not to say I do trust them all, I have a sister that would probably do anything she could to marry a lottery winner, so I do know how untrustworthy people can be).

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19830 Posts
            Posted: December 17, 2010, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

I don't think I'd get married right now, having not won the lottery. I really enjoy the freedoms I have being single and if I won the lottery I think I would enjoy those freedoms even more, being able to travel and make other decisions without having to consult my partner.

Having said that, there's always the chance of changing my mind, and if I did that after winning the lottery I don't think I would have too big a problem. I don't plan on collecting and letting everyone know my name and I also don't plan on staying in the same city after winning, even the same state. So after collecting through a trust and moving out of state, having to deal with women coming to me just because I've won isn't something I'm that worried about. Yes there is the fact that I have a lot of money so I'd still have to deal with gold-diggers and other women going after me solely because of my money, but through different things I would ensure I would still hang onto it if she does end up divorcing me. I would also not marry her before 1-2 years had passed so that I would have a better understanding of why she's marrying me. As for having to pay child support, having children is something I want even less than getting married (reasons I don't care to get into here) so that isn't even a discussion.

So yea, whether I got married after winning the lottery or not it would be down to my views on marriage overall, not because I don't trust any of them (that's not to say I do trust them all, I have a sister that would probably do anything she could to marry a lottery winner, so I do know how untrustworthy people can be).

I have a sister that would probably do anything she could to marry a lottery winner, so I do know how untrustworthy people can be.

For her, having a brother that won a lottery jackpot would probably be even better.

Evil Looking       

Texas
              United States
              Member #92330
              June 5, 2010
              887 Posts
              Posted: December 18, 2010, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

I have a sister that would probably do anything she could to marry a lottery winner, so I do know how untrustworthy people can be.

For her, having a brother that won a lottery jackpot would probably be even better.

Oh yea she would definitely love that. Thankfully not only would I be claiming anonymously and not telling many other people but she also lives about 3 hours from most of our family, so it would be difficult for her to find out.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19830 Posts
                Posted: December 18, 2010, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

Oh yea she would definitely love that. Thankfully not only would I be claiming anonymously and not telling many other people but she also lives about 3 hours from most of our family, so it would be difficult for her to find out.

Usually you don't have to tell people you have money, a nice big home in a nice neighhood of wealthy people with a couple of nice cars in the drive way and other people maintaining them why you relax with no obvious means of support gives them a hint.

Evil Looking       

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                  Northern Virginia
                  United States
                  Member #83350
                  December 5, 2009
                  1317 Posts
                  Posted: December 18, 2010, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

There needs to be an option: winning the lottery will not influence my decision to marry. That would be my vote. I shall marry when the time is right.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

Texas
                    United States
                    Member #92330
                    June 5, 2010
                    887 Posts
                    Posted: December 19, 2010, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

Usually you don't have to tell people you have money, a nice big home in a nice neighhood of wealthy people with a couple of nice cars in the drive way and other people maintaining them why you relax with no obvious means of support gives them a hint.

Well yea, but the thing is the only people that would want new houses (or something other than an apartment) is myself and my father (her step-father) and we'd each be moving to two different cities 2,000 miles north (our mom has been doing additions to her current house so I would help her with that, but that's a different story, plus her living is funded by working from home so the sister wouldn't know that she wasn't working).

Texas
                      United States
                      Member #92330
                      June 5, 2010
                      887 Posts
                      Posted: December 20, 2010, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

I was reading through some old stories and wanted to throw this out there for if you don't trust women after winning the lottery.

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/196888

It really is a good story about finding "true love" even after becoming a millionaire. If you really want to get married after winning the lottery it's definitely something to consider, I know it's something I would consider doing if I did want to get married (though going a year hiding my millions would be extremely difficult).

GA
                        United States
                        Member #98098
                        September 30, 2010
                        254 Posts
                        Posted: December 20, 2010, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

There needs to be an option: winning the lottery will not influence my decision to marry. That would be my vote. I shall marry when the time is right.

LOL I know right!