Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Winner Case Study

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 6 years ago by RJOh.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
Miami
United States
Member #62793
July 9, 2008
673 Posts
Posted: December 23, 2010, 2:07 am - IP Logged

Ditto!

AGREED!

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
    Texas
    United States
    Member #92330
    June 5, 2010
    887 Posts
    Posted: December 23, 2010, 3:49 am - IP Logged

If you go back you'll see that's who I'm talking about: parents/children. Anybody who wins and can't share that with a parent or an adult child and their spouse has more serious problems.

Well I had said I'd tell/share with my parents and you replied that it showed me having a shallow relationship with people. Just didn't see anything I said that would make my relationship with someone shallow. I could see some peoples relationship with me shallow, should large amounts of money come into play, which is why I'd rather not tell the world.

If I had a wife/girlfriend then yea I would let them know I won, but I don't so that's not an issue. Same with children, though I wouldn't let them know immediately, after things were sorted out I'd let them know we won a lot of money. As for my brother/sister, letting them know would be worse than letting some strangers know.

We all have our own opinions as to who should or shouldn't know you won the lottery or when they should know, it doesn't mean one is right and the other is wrong. Everyone has different things to deal with so naturally how we handle winning the lottery will be different. That's why some winners don't care that they go and present their ticket the day after winning and others wait 3 months and have their attorney pick up the check as part of a blind trust.

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      49823 Posts
      Posted: December 23, 2010, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

I wrote "A buddy of mine..."

No one's identity was revealed.

Always a pleasure, Raven.

If you say so:

12/10/2010 (QP) Publix #0228 $230,082.93
      6330 W. Indiantown Road
      Jupiter

Theresa Lewandowski of Sterling Heights, MI

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: December 23, 2010, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

If you say so:

12/10/2010 (QP) Publix #0228 $230,082.93
        6330 W. Indiantown Road
        Jupiter

Theresa Lewandowski of Sterling Heights, MI

Green laugh

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #22395
          September 24, 2005
          1583 Posts
          Posted: December 23, 2010, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

I wrote "A buddy of mine..."

No one's identity was revealed.

Always a pleasure, Raven.

Ever hear of Wikileaks?

I was going to give you a lesson about the Internet but I see Raven Thumbs Up has beat me to it.

And if by chance it wasn't her that won, there are a couple other possibles.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19831 Posts
            Posted: December 23, 2010, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

If you go back you'll see that's who I'm talking about: parents/children. Anybody who wins and can't share that with a parent or an adult child and their spouse has more serious problems.

With divorce rate of 50% and worst, why would anyone want to share their personal finance information with an in-law who might not be a part of their family in a year or two.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking