Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

"Green Hornet" New $5.00 Scratch-Off (Florida Lottery)

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 6 years ago by luisM.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Florida
United States
Member #102882
December 27, 2010
334 Posts
Posted: December 27, 2010, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

I just saw today that Florida Lottery will be issuing a new scratch-off ticket beginning 01/11/11 featuring the upcoming "Green Hornet" movie theme on the ticket. The ticket cost $5.00 and the top prize is $200,000.00. No info yet on the odds.

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
    The Ville, FL
    United States
    Member #95879
    August 19, 2010
    1708 Posts
    Posted: January 11, 2011, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

Its updated now online:

GREEN HORNET:

How To Play

Match any of YOUR NUMBERS to any of the WINNING NUMBERS, win prize shown for that number. Get a BLACK BEAUTY "BB" symbol and win 10 TIMES the PRIZEshown.

Ticket Price: $5.00
    Overall Odds: 1-in-4.04

Odds of Winning

$2000001-in-1,260,000 
      $500001-in-315,000 
      $100001-in-210,000 
      $50001-in-180,000 
      $10001-in-8,000 
      $5001-in-2,142.86 
      $1001-in-300 
      $501-in-300 
      $301-in-292.68 
      $251-in-285.71 
      $201-in-60 
      $151-in-60 
      $101-in-10 
      $51-in-10
      FLORIDA
      United States
      Member #93473
      June 30, 2010
      68 Posts
      Posted: January 11, 2011, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

getting one today, its funny how the fl lottery has better odds on a 3 dollar ticket then a 5 dollar one

The Ville, FL
        United States
        Member #95879
        August 19, 2010
        1708 Posts
        Posted: January 11, 2011, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

getting one today, its funny how the fl lottery has better odds on a 3 dollar ticket then a 5 dollar one

I bought one earlier didnt win..Ticket # 000...Will try again though either tonight or tomorrow. Havent played the $20 Millionaires club yet though.

I agree with you, the FL lottery has been kinda screwy with their tickets over the past year. I remember a year ago the $5 scratchers had top prizes of $250K and now they are $200K

United States
          Member #97684
          September 21, 2010
          16 Posts
          Posted: January 11, 2011, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

Picked up a Green Hornet and a Millionaire Club, I won the Ticket value on each so that was a nice introduction to the new games.  Although, I might wish it wasn't because I planned on cutting back and now want to play more.

I also saw advertisements for an NBA Orlando Magic with 2nd chance drawing ticket, probably a $5.00 ticket like the NFL tickets were.

Ticket numbers were 001 for the 20.00 Millionaire club ticket, got the 20.00 prize

and 014 Green Hornet 5.00 ticket got the 5.00 prize.   Went and got one more ticket of each later that day and didn't win on either.  I need to learn to take the wins and stop for the day, because chances are the additional  playing will not present winners but I am going for the bigger prizes so I just dump the wins right back in for more tickets.  I even made the mistake of picking up a Holiday Millions 10.00 which all 3 top prizes are gone now.

One thing I noticed was the scratch area scratched smooth and evenly with my lucky quarter, probably the easiest yet, much better than Billion Dollar Blockbuster.

The Ville, FL
            United States
            Member #95879
            August 19, 2010
            1708 Posts
            Posted: January 11, 2011, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

Picked up a Green Hornet and a Millionaire Club, I won the Ticket value on each so that was a nice introduction to the new games.  Although, I might wish it wasn't because I planned on cutting back and now want to play more.

I also saw advertisements for an NBA Orlando Magic with 2nd chance drawing ticket, probably a $5.00 ticket like the NFL tickets were.

Ticket numbers were 001 for the 20.00 Millionaire club ticket, got the 20.00 prize

and 014 Green Hornet 5.00 ticket got the 5.00 prize.   Went and got one more ticket of each later that day and didn't win on either.  I need to learn to take the wins and stop for the day, because chances are the additional  playing will not present winners but I am going for the bigger prizes so I just dump the wins right back in for more tickets.  I even made the mistake of picking up a Holiday Millions 10.00 which all 3 top prizes are gone now.

One thing I noticed was the scratch area scratched smooth and evenly with my lucky quarter, probably the easiest yet, much better than Billion Dollar Blockbuster.

I have to agree with you on the Millionaires club. I love the way it scratched off easily. My lucky buffalo nickel cut through that thing....won $30 on #002

I stopped while I was ahead. only bought one today

United States
              Member #97684
              September 21, 2010
              16 Posts
              Posted: January 12, 2011, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

I should listen to you B$Rizzle,  I have twice made the mistake and not followed my own strategies this week.  I bought 3 more Green Hornet and lost on all 3.  I noticed that one ticket had "Your Numbers"  4 in a row, but the next ticket had "Your Numbers" stacked 2 and 2.  I didnt see that and only saw 2 of my numbers and thought I lost.  Then I double checked the ticket found the other two numbers at the top right but still lost.  I also did not see the normal 3 little letters, for example, a loss would be CFV, or FEY etc. and a win would be TWY for twenty.

Anyone else see this?

Oh yeah the strategy I try to use most of the time is "it is better to stick to one game play a couple tickets" or Play one at a time, if you get a winner, maybe buy one more but then quit, at least for that store, maybe if you have spending money try another store.

I went in and bought like 2 of three different tickets and lost on all 6 tickets, If I would have bought 6 of the same ticket at least could get one or two wins. It was because of the new games, I got excited and lost it.

The Ville, FL
                United States
                Member #95879
                August 19, 2010
                1708 Posts
                Posted: January 13, 2011, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

I should listen to you B$Rizzle,  I have twice made the mistake and not followed my own strategies this week.  I bought 3 more Green Hornet and lost on all 3.  I noticed that one ticket had "Your Numbers"  4 in a row, but the next ticket had "Your Numbers" stacked 2 and 2.  I didnt see that and only saw 2 of my numbers and thought I lost.  Then I double checked the ticket found the other two numbers at the top right but still lost.  I also did not see the normal 3 little letters, for example, a loss would be CFV, or FEY etc. and a win would be TWY for twenty.

Anyone else see this?

Oh yeah the strategy I try to use most of the time is "it is better to stick to one game play a couple tickets" or Play one at a time, if you get a winner, maybe buy one more but then quit, at least for that store, maybe if you have spending money try another store.

I went in and bought like 2 of three different tickets and lost on all 6 tickets, If I would have bought 6 of the same ticket at least could get one or two wins. It was because of the new games, I got excited and lost it.

RE: Green Hornet ticket.... that 2 on 2 stack almost got me too! I noticed that on the one I got today...I thought it was wierd at first and then I kept scratching...I always try and scratch to make sure I can see the black border going around all the #s..I almost missed it too.

I did however buy 3 Green Hornets in a row today and won $20 on the 2nd one. I should have stopped at #2 and saved the $5 on the 3rd which I lost on.

If I plan on scratching them while I am still in the area, Ill usually only buy one at a time, then scratch. If its a loser and I feel lucky, Ill go back for the next. Sux when you buy more than one and the first is a winner and the rest are losers =)

PS - did you see the FL Lottery site where a Tampa man already claimed the first $1Million on the $20 Millionaires club. That was quick. We probably wont se another one for a lil bit

United States
                  Member #97684
                  September 21, 2010
                  16 Posts
                  Posted: January 13, 2011, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

Hey Hey, I saw that Tampa guy is a super lucky winner.  Great for him, 63 years old, if he wasn't retired, he sure is now and not only retired but smooth sailin retired.   

I've been up and down Cypress many times, used to work  out that way and there are several training facilities at the end of W. Cypress st.  Plus, I can now say, that I've set foot in a store that produced a Million dollar winner. 

I snagged a Grouper pick tonight and will pickup a few scratch off's tomorrow, You have further good advice as to the probability that there may not be another big Million winner near me since this one just hit.  You never know for sure but normally winners are spread out geographically and spaced out months apart.

I wanted to mention I was liking the 20.00 Millionaire club it reminds me of the Gold Rush, it has the same 1 in 2.95 odds.  I think I will try to throw some more on the Gold Rush tomorrow unless the Millionaire club is sitting on my luckiest of numbers.

FLORIDA
                    United States
                    Member #93473
                    June 30, 2010
                    68 Posts
                    Posted: January 14, 2011, 1:01 am - IP Logged

got a green hornet today #006 for 10 bucks code: T E N

by any chance does anyone know if the code F R H is a winner? its new to me the usual losers are: N E W, F Y E, F T W, N W T

The Ville, FL
                      United States
                      Member #95879
                      August 19, 2010
                      1708 Posts
                      Posted: January 14, 2011, 9:32 am - IP Logged

got a green hornet today #006 for 10 bucks code: T E N

by any chance does anyone know if the code F R H is a winner? its new to me the usual losers are: N E W, F Y E, F T W, N W T

HRF is usually not a winner....Although once a winning ticket reaches $1,000 + the codes mean absolutely nothing. I would suggest never playing by the codes.

You could have a jackpot winner for $250,000 and says NEW... You wouldnt want to throw that in the trash =)

Keep that in mind Thumbs Up

United States
                        Member #97684
                        September 21, 2010
                        16 Posts
                        Posted: January 14, 2011, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

I see the HRF combo isn't a winner, unless like B$Rizzle says it's a winner that requires a claim.  I thought it could be anything over 600.00 that we would have to 

watch out for, or may be there aren't really any prizes between 500 and 1000 so that would make 1000 the claim prize anyway.

Yes, I have heard NEW could be a winner,  I get alot of tickets with NEW but haven't had any of them be the winner yet.  May have to even triple check all tickets anyway though just in case. 

I picked up a Gold Rush ticket 027 today and it was  a HUN One hundred dollar winner.   I also played two Millionair club even though I wasn't going to, but it was 000 and 001.   001 won 20.00.

Next up, I'm going to try some Instant Vending ticket machines and see what happens.

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
                          Florida
                          United States
                          Member #104435
                          January 14, 2011
                          2244 Posts
                          Posted: January 14, 2011, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

Was at the store today playing $20 scratchers while an older lady was quietly playing the $5 Green Hornet. We both went to the register to cash our wins and I was surprised to see she had won $500 ! Needless to say the roll is essentially 'dead' now so I wont be buying any Green Hornet's from this particular store.

The Ville, FL
                            United States
                            Member #95879
                            August 19, 2010
                            1708 Posts
                            Posted: January 16, 2011, 10:43 am - IP Logged

I see the HRF combo isn't a winner, unless like B$Rizzle says it's a winner that requires a claim.  I thought it could be anything over 600.00 that we would have to 

watch out for, or may be there aren't really any prizes between 500 and 1000 so that would make 1000 the claim prize anyway.

Yes, I have heard NEW could be a winner,  I get alot of tickets with NEW but haven't had any of them be the winner yet.  May have to even triple check all tickets anyway though just in case. 

I picked up a Gold Rush ticket 027 today and it was  a HUN One hundred dollar winner.   I also played two Millionair club even though I wasn't going to, but it was 000 and 001.   001 won 20.00.

Next up, I'm going to try some Instant Vending ticket machines and see what happens.

kovirtuoso - Just an FYI, Ive seen a top prize with the codes NEW Wink

FLORIDA
                              United States
                              Member #93473
                              June 30, 2010
                              68 Posts
                              Posted: January 17, 2011, 12:15 am - IP Logged

anybody try the miami heat or orlando magic tickets? kinda reminds me of the 250  i spent on football themed tickets and lost, i think that second chance tickets dont pay out as well.