Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

what would u do if u win the mega million tonight

Topic closed. 67 replies. Last post 6 years ago by NoShame.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
Indiana
United States
Member #48725
January 7, 2007
1954 Posts
Posted: January 4, 2011, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

When I won $355 million on Tuesday, Janary 4, 2011, I got up and raced to Hoosier Lottery headquarters the very next morning. Got a speeding ticket, 85 in a 70, darn it! Got to Hoosier Lottery headquarters, had my ticket validated. Then I was taken to a conference room. Took the time to get my picture taken and answer just one question by the press to uphold the agreement I signed on the back of my ticket, got up and walked out and said "where's my money?". After that there was paperwork, and now it just comes down to patience. They told me it could take up to 2 weeks to get my money. So anyway, what am I gonna do with it? I don't know everything I'm going to do, but these are what I know I'm going to do:

Buy a big house.

Buy a Corvette ZR1.

Take a few vacations, including flying some of my family to my aunt's house in Hawaii.

Buy a private jet.

Play in the World Series of Poker.

Go skydiving.

Give to charity.

I'm know there's a lot more than that, but I can't pull them off the top of my head. lol

Gonna win.Big Smile

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
    light on my feet
    United States
    Member #356
    May 20, 2002
    2744 Posts
    Posted: January 4, 2011, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

(1) thank God

(2) take a deep breath,  and then ask God for guidence (before i do anything), for what He intends for me to do with a gift he has entrusted to my stewardship,  knowing from the beginning it was never  just about "me",  or my "convenience". 

it was always about Him and "others" first.    that order guarantee's future security & peace.

(3) after #1 & #2,  #3 is fairly superfluous,  but since my first obligation is fulfilled and complete,  i won't be someone sitting on the couch watching the travel channel...

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

Milwaukee, WI
      United States
      Member #3131
      December 27, 2003
      665 Posts
      Posted: January 4, 2011, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

Head to Madison in the morning. I would be there in about 9:15AM.......

djklaugh's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
        Portland,Oregon
        United States
        Member #14387
        April 25, 2005
        229 Posts
        Posted: January 4, 2011, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

After recovering from the delicious shock of seeing all of the winning numbers lined up in a row I'd

1- Hire the best financial planners/legal advisors available to create a trust not just for annonymity but also to share the good fortune with friends and family

2- Hire a really excellent and creative architect to design a house to meet MY needs and get started on building it - probably in Virginia near my son and his family

3- Find the best and most effective ways to help worthy causes

Djklaugh

Some things have to be believed to be seen.

"I have not failed. I have just found ten thousand things that don't work".  Thomas Edison

indianapolis, in
          United States
          Member #103661
          January 4, 2011
          5 Posts
          Posted: January 4, 2011, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

well i have a question for everyone about tonights drawing.... what are the odds of  picking the numbers yourself and a quick pick being the same exact numbers but one? because when i got my ticket for tonights drawing that it what happened to me.

Winged-Dove's avatar - butterfly3
            Tallmadge, Ohio
            United States
            Member #99273
            October 22, 2010
            296 Posts
            Posted: January 4, 2011, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

well i have a question for everyone about tonights drawing.... what are the odds of  picking the numbers yourself and a quick pick being the same exact numbers but one? because when i got my ticket for tonights drawing that it what happened to me.

Eek

Tallmadge, Ohio
              United States
              Member #99273
              October 22, 2010
              296 Posts
              Posted: January 4, 2011, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

(1) thank God

(2) take a deep breath,  and then ask God for guidence (before i do anything), for what He intends for me to do with a gift he has entrusted to my stewardship,  knowing from the beginning it was never  just about "me",  or my "convenience". 

it was always about Him and "others" first.    that order guarantee's future security & peace.

(3) after #1 & #2,  #3 is fairly superfluous,  but since my first obligation is fulfilled and complete,  i won't be someone sitting on the couch watching the travel channel...

I Agree!Blue Angel

indianapolis, in
                United States
                Member #103661
                January 4, 2011
                5 Posts
                Posted: January 4, 2011, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

does anyone thinks taht means something?

Tallmadge, Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #99273
                  October 22, 2010
                  296 Posts
                  Posted: January 4, 2011, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

does anyone thinks taht means something?

I guess you'll know very soon what it means...good luck!Blue Angel

Monkey Butt, USA
                    United States
                    Member #54569
                    August 23, 2007
                    1124 Posts
                    Posted: January 4, 2011, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

1.  Cash in my ticket.

2.  Purchase 30 cases of toilet paper. To be used because of the excitement.

3.  Spend every last cent of my winnings as I see fit.

But most of all I would hire the best money handler in American history.

None other than.........       

ROFL  LOL   Green laughBERNIE MADOFF!!!!!!  ROFL  LOL   Green laugh

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
                      Member #32537
                      February 12, 2006
                      698 Posts

disappear off face of the earth

give todd interview before i disappear

invest 100m in dividend paying stocks so my future family set for life

indianapolis, in
                        United States
                        Member #103661
                        January 4, 2011
                        5 Posts

well i kinda wondered to because like a month or so ago i was told by a pyschic that was would win a very large amount on the lottery. and it wouldnt be a scratch off. i'm so nervous right now and praying that its my time to help everyone thats helped me and then help more!

lotteryg's avatar - masked
                          georgetown sc
                          United States
                          Member #98760
                          October 13, 2010
                          1336 Posts
                          Posted: January 4, 2011, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

(1) thank God

Blue Angel i agree  well said good luck to all tonight god bless i wish to thank everyone who post on this threadSee Ya!

CutlassBob's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
                            Harrison Township Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #90088
                            April 21, 2010
                            4265 Posts
                            Posted: January 4, 2011, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

Something about that plan sounds really good.

"Give Todd a major donation, throw a massive party for Lottery Post Members."

I guess i should rephrase that...throw a massive party for Lottery Post Members and Staff. Wink

"You can't handle the truth!" Nicholson.

United States
                              Member #97729
                              September 22, 2010
                              321 Posts
                              Posted: January 4, 2011, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

My very first purchase would be some rolls of scratch offs. I would go to several stores, and tell them that I was interested in purchasing some lottery tickets. I would wait patiently as they explained the tickets. If they were not nice I would walk out, but if they were, I would tell them that I wanted to buy all of them.

They would probably laugh, but when they saw that I was not laughing, it would eventually settle in. I would love to see their reaction the moment that they discovered I was dead serious. That would provide days or weeks of entertainment. I would go out and buy books of tickets instead of single tickets.

Second, I would also buy a 2011 Corvette ZR1. I would also buy some older ZR1s, and would certainly get several others, including a L88 and some nice Stingrays. I would also want to purchase the earliest 1953 Corvette that I could find for sale, in good condition. I would also take my wife to get her brand new sky blue Lexus RX 350. I would also have to buy a brand new Jeep Grand Cherokee, a Hummer, and of course an APC.

Third I would pay off all of those who I owe money to. I would also give at least a million to my church, and help out my family members. I would pay off their mortgages and car loans. I would put at least 10 million dollars in a trust for each of my children. I might donate to the campaigns of worthy candidates. I would buy lifetime NRA memberships for everyone I know, as well as donating at least a million dollars to the NRA.

I would use my wealth to fight George Soros, one of the richest and certainly the most evil man on earth. He spends millions of dollars to do everything he can to destroy our way of life in the US. His main goal is the disarmament of not only the US citizens, but to outlaw the private ownership of firearms worldwide.

He spent millions on his failed attempt to defeat George Bush in his conquest for a second term. Bush may not have been the best president ever, but he sure was a whole lot better than John Kerry. I might even run for office.

I would build a house on a certain barrier island off the coast of Florida, and I might consider that my primary residence, along with about a dozen other folks who live on the island year round.

I would naturally have to buy an airplane and a boat to get back and forth between the mainland and the island. I would have two primary vehicles over there: A Jeep Wrangler with the in-line 6 for better fuel economy, a golf cart and a four wheeler. I would buy a Suburban to transport cargo or multiple passengers.

I would consider purchasing my very own private island somewhere as well, but I am not sure where.

I would have a home in the North Georgia Mountains, probably a dozen or so around the country. I would have at least two impenetrable underground fortresses. Every home would have enough land to have at least a 100 yard shooting range, but preferably 200 or more.

I would like to buy every camouflage system out there, and tons of tactical gear. If it is out there, I would buy it.

I would purchase many, many fine firearms, and millions of rounds of ammunition.

I would have a system where lottery players could exchange their tickets for guns, assuming that they passed the required background check.

I would open up public firing ranges all over the country, although I might buy a few private ones myself. I would donate to and help struggling ranges across the country. Most would be 500 yards, and many would be 1,000 yards or more. I would have at least one 2.5 mile range.

I would open up a gun store and a photography studio, and you guessed it, I would be a lottery retailer. I would offer promotions such as buy 1 get 1 free lottery tickets, but this would be just an occasional thing, and I would do it randomly.

I would open up my own one hour photo lab, as well as a professional studio.

I would also purchase a brand new 10 or 7 car hauler, and it will be top of the line. I will probably buy a couple other trucks as well.

I would buy a petaflop Cray Supercomputer with at least 100,000 cores, terabytes of memory, OC768 40 Gbps connectivity and petabytes of storage. All of my computers would use 600 GB hard drives, either 15,000 RPM SCSI drives, or 10,000 RPM Western Digital Raptors. I may have WD RE4 Hard drives for backups or huge data sets. I might utilize some solid state hard drives.

For my everyday computing, I would use the Cray CX1-iWS System, with a 24-core Intel Xeon Processor 5500 series cluster running Windows HPC Server 2008 R2. It features an integrated 16-port gigabit Ethernet switch allowing additional workstations or iSCSI storage devices to be plugged into the system.

That about sums up my first month’s purchases. I am smart enough to know that I should go with the annuity option, that way I won’t waste much more than 9 million dollars a year.