Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New - Curious... and there has got to be a better way...

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Fitzroy North.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
WA
United States
Member #104140
January 10, 2011
22 Posts
Posted: January 10, 2011, 9:50 am - IP Logged

Hi - I am new so please forgive if I am not up to speed on the general topics.  I have been playing the lottery for a while now on and off probably like everyone else.  Since this last mega lotto game (multi-state) my sisters and mom pooled together and bought 150 tickets.  You would think we would at least win 'something' well $5 after the whole group of tickets was analized was the result.  I have done better by myself and 1 ticket.

My feeling became that  you are either meant to win or not meant to.  Then I read stories about 'Joan Ginther winning the lottery 4 times' and 'Robert Hong winning the lottery twice in the period of a few months'  and he states 'he thinks he figured something out...'

Maybe this is just hopeful wishful thinking but I just believe while it is a game of chance...the numbers on quick picks are drawn by a computer which was programmed mathmatically by a human.  I am a computer programmer so I understand that while a game of chance this is just a system too.

When they draw the lotto numbers they use a machine with balls physically drawn out a machine that is not a computer program.  This is not the same as the computer generated numbers.  So the two systems (quick pick computers and ball drops) are totally unrelated.

I have read that it is better to pick your own numbers than to allow quick picks.  I read that it is better to be objective about these numbers - than to tie them to bdays etc.  So I analized the numbers...chose my own and bought $1 dollar and got $1 back.  I actually was surprized that even worked...but it worked better than when I do the many quick picks.

Possibly it is all luck but it doesn't feel that way it feels like I am dealing with a random number generator that has a pattern.

I haven't been happy with what I have read about Gail Howards books.  My most recent interest is John Zenman.   It looks complicated and that seems more real.  I may buy that one. 

I stuided the high/low theory - the mixed numbers theory - the hot/cold mild.  I will use these till I find a better system.  I think the silver system looks like a scam.

Anybody have any recommendations?

thanks for listening :)  K

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19826 Posts
    Posted: January 10, 2011, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like you're going about it the right way.  If you ever find something that works, let the rest of us know about it because there are members here who have being trying for years.  Usually when some one think they have something that might works, there are plenty of other players who make a good case why it won't work.

Good luck to you.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

WA
      United States
      Member #104140
      January 10, 2011
      22 Posts
      Posted: January 10, 2011, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

Thank you RJOh!  This is the first time I have tried any "strategy" of picking my own before.  The most I ever won in the past was 100.00 off of a pick5 or HIT 5 as it is called and that was computer generated (quick pick)...however how I used to play is buy $1 for the next 10 draws...this way I didn't have to go back all the time.  For some reason...I did a little bit better (not by much) having one set of numbers for the next 10 draws...

After the 150.00 mega outgo for the family...I felt foolish and decided more, was not necessarily better.

I have theories that those who have won play consistently - there are always exceptions to every rule...but for me...I haven't won the big one, I won 1000.00 in a group play...but that doesn't really count as between a whole bunch of people like 11 or 12 it didn't amount to much.

I went ahead and ordered the book online from AMAZON by John Zenman "Exploit the Lottery..." and I have heard it is pretty heavy math and doesn't sound like a bunch of fun BUT...I don't want to do another 50 bucks a piece out on one game without feeling like I did a little homework.

My family is all "when it gets big...let's do it again..." so I would like to give us a little more odds - if possible.

I will write in after I get the book and read it - late at night...I am a chronic insomniac!  Smile K

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: January 10, 2011, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

Here's a sample page from John's system:

lottery

lottery

Take note of the numbers appearing three times or more. 

* In 3 results in one group, normally no numbers appear three times or more. Also, there aren’t many numbers appearing two times.

* As from 3 results in one group up to 10 results in one group, the numbers appearing three times or more increase gradually.

* In 10 results in one group, there are substantial numbers appearing three times or more but normally there are no more than ten. 

Also, take note of numbers appearing four times or more. Not many of them but most of the time appear in the 10 results in one group since most numbers are grouped there.

Slash through the numbers that appear in the new results. Look for the numbers coming out in the new results by slashing them out. Then start minus with total of 7 from the bottom level to the top according to the slashes. One slash means minus by one and two slashes mean minus by two so on and so forth.

lottery

This round, four numbers at the levels of one, two and four results are slashed. This produces a set of middle-range numbers (3, 4, 4, 6, 7). Added to the previous total (23, 22, 18, 13, 7) this produces a new total (25, 22, 17, 13, 7) in which the figures look close to the previous ones. If only two numbers were slashed here, the figures in new total would not be that close.

United States
          Member #75358
          June 1, 2009
          5345 Posts
          Posted: January 10, 2011, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

In a CNN article it says he's won 8 times.

socalgal's avatar - bobblecars3
            California
            United States
            Member #103560
            January 3, 2011
            56 Posts
            Posted: January 10, 2011, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

kjanine looks like you're on to something. It might be $1 but it's still a win. Keep at it and please share your progress with the rest of us. Thumbs Up

cleveland
              United States
              Member #77732
              July 30, 2009
              115 Posts
              Posted: January 10, 2011, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

"read it - late at night...I am a chronic insomniac! " Welcome aboard..lol..to both the lottery post and the wonderful wide world of those of us that can't sleep at night!!!!

WA
                United States
                Member #104140
                January 10, 2011
                22 Posts
                Posted: January 10, 2011, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

Thank you joker17! 

I am printing this out...I had NO IDEA he has won that many times! thanks again.

WA
                  United States
                  Member #104140
                  January 10, 2011
                  22 Posts
                  Posted: January 10, 2011, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

Thanks socalgal!  I will probably make a lot of mistakes but it is fun trying to figure it out...and seeing how it pans out.  :)
                  I sure enjoy reading the posts here!!! Smile

WA
                    United States
                    Member #104140
                    January 10, 2011
                    22 Posts
                    Posted: January 10, 2011, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Jaxxx!!!  this is probably the nicest and most welcoming site...I have ever been on...

sorta like coming home...Smile I only found this site by google and then typing in John Zenman...

I had spent a lot of time...finding some PPT's about high/low mixed numbers group numbers odd/even and such...

glad i arrived here !!!

WA
                      United States
                      Member #104140
                      January 10, 2011
                      22 Posts
                      Posted: January 11, 2011, 3:06 am - IP Logged

OK numbers are out.

I played the lotto and the hit 5

I picked the correct starting number on both games I picked the correct ending number in the lotto and was 1 off on the hit 5

the hit 5 I mixed even odd and it ending up being all odd on the winners...

the winning lotto had a missing group no 20-29 at all and I had two of those.

just starting but it seems in both games I picked the winning beginning and ending numbers so if I can just get the middle right

mixed numbers of odd/even doesn't always work sometimes a game is all odd #'s which is unusual

WA
                        United States
                        Member #104140
                        January 10, 2011
                        22 Posts
                        Posted: January 11, 2011, 3:22 am - IP Logged

now I am going over my numbers and notes and comparing where I was at or if I missed something:

Hit 5

I spent the day Sunday tracking how many hits since Aug 30th on all the 1-39 numbers and I came up with

9 . 14 . 21 . 30 .32

winner was (nobody won)

9 . 23 . 25 . 29 . 31  <- so I was off but the range was good starting and ending

this is gonna be a long process

United Kingdom
                          Member #31295
                          January 27, 2006
                          73 Posts
                          Posted: January 12, 2011, 8:10 am - IP Logged

If he won a small tier prize 8 times then that's nothing special. When book authors make such claims then they need to be specific.

WA
                            United States
                            Member #104140
                            January 10, 2011
                            22 Posts
                            Posted: January 13, 2011, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

conducted a test whereby I did analysis on the numbers for hit 5 and lotto using methods already created by somebody else  (HI-Low, cold/mild/hot, odd/even, mixed numbers, group number ranges) then kinda did my own secondary range - THEN did just wild numbers not crunched...I would say that is a lot like the quick picks which I hardly ever win anything on.

Again for the 4th set of draws I am getting two number hits on the numbers I crunch vs the wild numbers I got nothing.  After doing this 4 draws and getting 1 away on almost each of the other numbers...it seems this is a much better way than quick picks...every time I am close and quick picks or just wild numbers that aren't stupid like 1,2,3,4,5 for a selection - the analysis gets  me much much closer.

Now if I can just pick this lock and get into the jackpot safe...

United States
                              Member #68002
                              December 10, 2008
                              477 Posts
                              Posted: January 13, 2011, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

(John Zenman.   It looks complicated and that seems more real.  I may buy that one.) 

I  bought  it  when it  came out  too  much work involved  with his method  when  I get some time I may try and SIMPLIFY  it