Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Computer verse Paper

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 6 years ago by pamelab.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
north carolina/virginia
United States
Member #2097
August 17, 2003
126 Posts
Posted: January 19, 2011, 8:15 am - IP Logged

After using Excel in every way I can find possible, and other software, seems like old fashion pencil and paper is better.  I done some backtesting looking at lottery books and writing the number down daily seems like I just get a better "feel" of the numbers.  Do anyone else feel this way?

mitch13's avatar - darksword
    northwood,ohio
    United States
    Member #90211
    April 23, 2010
    4597 Posts
    Posted: January 19, 2011, 8:32 am - IP Logged

After using Excel in every way I can find possible, and other software, seems like old fashion pencil and paper is better.  I done some backtesting looking at lottery books and writing the number down daily seems like I just get a better "feel" of the numbers.  Do anyone else feel this way?

Paper me also.

inittowin's avatar - 039ee315cfea4c12c8f5
      If you don't like it, spit it out!
      United States
      Member #4756
      May 23, 2004
      3433 Posts
      Posted: January 19, 2011, 8:46 am - IP Logged

A few ckicks...and I have my winners for the day.

It takes the emotion out of what should or could hit becuase I see it on paper.

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49835 Posts
        Posted: January 19, 2011, 10:23 am - IP Logged

Excel Forever!

Excel removes the Tediousness from the Paper Workouts.

(Tedious: Marked by tedium; boring; long and tiresome; wearisome)

In addition their may be ways to use Excel for Lottery Play: That folks haven't thought of yet!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Pogo's avatar - wfl
          NC
          United States
          Member #29378
          January 1, 2006
          552 Posts
          Posted: January 19, 2011, 10:31 am - IP Logged

I like Excel just for the fact that I make way fewer mistakes... - PogoStooges

WA
            United States
            Member #104140
            January 10, 2011
            22 Posts
            Posted: January 19, 2011, 11:08 am - IP Logged

I use paper...I like to sit down with a cup or two or three or four and just absorb myself into the numbers - the longer I sit with them the better I get a feel for it.  Just my two cents...

I will say sometimes I really frustrate myself because I keep changing and changing the numbers and I seem to get stuck on trying to be perfect with them.  Now I kind of have some ratios I work with and I apply those to previous winners to pick a range or notice that I am too high and not in the mid-range like the winners most of the time seem to be...

K

Lucki723's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
              Florida
              United States
              Member #62713
              July 6, 2008
              3715 Posts
              Posted: January 19, 2011, 11:58 am - IP Logged

Computer - Excel. I use a Template I made for My Picks. I study the trend, plug in the numbers and Voala !!

Keep moving Forward.

United States
                Member #100917
                November 21, 2010
                12 Posts
                Posted: January 19, 2011, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

I love excel better than paper.  I can keep as many records as I a want and look back at what was played on what day or whatever or where ever my brain takes me.

Lucki723, I would be interested in seeing your template.

Theresa

gunjack's avatar - a726672a2352cda174de628792df133c 5B1%5D.jpg
                  ohio
                  United States
                  Member #5030
                  June 11, 2004
                  17736 Posts
                  Posted: January 19, 2011, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

I'm still on paper and pencil, went to school for excel and still don't get it.

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                    San Angelo, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #1097
                    January 31, 2003
                    1394 Posts
                    Posted: January 19, 2011, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

While it's a 'to each his own' situation, I've convinced myself many times that paper and pencil is best approach.

True, computers, which are fancy adding machines, can take care of some of the mundance tasks, the final choices, or
                    best guesses, have more meaning when they are based on one's 'gut feelings' while doing the necessary logging
                    and file management chores - in my humble opinion, of course.

It seems to me if you don't have 'some skin' in whatever system you rely on, all you are getting are quick picks, which can
                    be bought at the nearest lottery terminal.

No system, including Excel, that's generally available to the public can produce winning numbers on a consistent basis, if at all.

Bottom line, having a chance to win huge sums of money is worth a little effort, even when those efforts are not likely
                    to be on target.

Win or lose, I'll take the credit.

bgonçalves
                      Brasil
                      Member #92564
                      June 9, 2010
                      2126 Posts
                      Posted: January 19, 2011, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

BOTH , TWO!!!!!

Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
                        Member #76986
                        July 10, 2009
                        8038 Posts
                        Posted: January 19, 2011, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

Paper & Pencil!

The computer is neater and saves time, paper and pencil lead.

Yet, my feel of the numbers comes from and with writing them

and processing them with my brain's computer!  Hopefully, this

keeps my brain young, sharp, exercised and entertained, too! Wink

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
                          Denver, Co
                          United States
                          Member #103046
                          December 29, 2010
                          546 Posts
                          Posted: January 19, 2011, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

IDK how to use excel, so initially it was pen and paper. However because I was using way too much time to do my figuring, I downloaded some lotto software to do some of the math for me and help with the statistics. But ultimately I still use pen and paper when I'm to the point of writing up my final #'s to play.

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
                            Whiskey Island
                            United States
                            Member #90216
                            April 24, 2010
                            12755 Posts
                            Posted: January 19, 2011, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

I prefer pencil and paper using my brain and intution are the best way . Been using it for years , their is to many varibles in using a software. With pencil and paper

it takes me least than 5 minutes to process my numbers sets for any game. The software with wheels just give you to many sets even with abbreviated wheels most of the time with my system I come up with 1 to 10 sets to play..

north carolina/virginia
                              United States
                              Member #2097
                              August 17, 2003
                              126 Posts
                              Posted: January 19, 2011, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

I like Excel to keep my brain stirred up, and the stats.  But something about writing down the numbers and workouts feel better.