Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery drawing balls

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 6 years ago by joker17.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
four4me's avatar - gate1
MD
United States
Member #1701
June 18, 2003
8360 Posts
Posted: January 30, 2011, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

Here in Md. they have a host too for the drawings. I was wondering since all the pretests are video taped could the host be there for all the pretests and then they pick the "best" one to show "live"? You said if a ball comes up 5 times in a row during the pretest they switch ball sets, does that mean there is something wrong with the ball? Or is it just chance, fate or whatever, it came up 5 times?

Heres an example of what I mean. On the Md. midday from 12/30/10 thru 1/10/11, 12 draws 36 balls, the #9 hit every day except 1/6/11, including 3 doubles, that was 14 out of 36 balls. Hmm! During that same period beginning 12/30 the #8 did not hit until 1/17, hit twice in a row, then went another 10 days before hitting on 1/29 for 3 hits in 31 days. Was there something wrong with the 9 & 8 or was it just chance, or fate? It does make you wonder at least a little.

Now if you had $20 on a straight pick 3 or 4 and some how you found out your # came up straight during the pretest, and another number was shown "live" would you feel differently?

pretest drawings might bother people but the only drawing that counts is the official drawing.

i play 7839 so many times in a year that I'd have to have it boxed for 2 bucks to get my money back it came out today midday and i didn't play it. no body's fault but my own.

wanna win playing MD lottery play the last two digits in pick 3 and 4 and find the other digits to go with them usually the hottest or coldest digits.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
    garyo1954's avatar - garyo
    Dallas, Texas
    United States
    Member #4549
    May 2, 2004
    1675 Posts
    Posted: January 30, 2011, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

Your first question poses a bit more than just playing a video tape. With a live drawing you have a) cameraman, assistants, a producer, director, and possibly some live audience, if WBAL permits, b) the independent accounting firm that certifies the drawing, and c) lottery personnel. It would be feat indeed to keep everybody quiet. 

Now, PRETESTS are tests to determine the fitness/randomnness of the machine and ball set. Each ball must weigh within +/- .095 grams of the average weight of the set. A terminal printout here in Texas with five printed lines weighs about 1 gram. If you take that printout and cut it into 100 equal portions it would still WEIGH MORE THAN THE TOLERANCE ESTABLISHED FOR ANY SINGLE BALL USED IN THE DRAWING.

In Texas, there are 4 pretests. That is 12 balls. If 5 of those balls are the same number, it doesn't HAVE to mean there is any deception or that anything wrong with the ball itself. But someone would perceive it to be so. Of course, one would have to inspect the ball to determine if there were any damage or alterations. 

Digits do come up three, four, and five draws in a row more than you think. If you look back through the history of your game you'll see it. There have been a couple of times that a number came up 6 draws in a row of the Texas Evening Pick 3. This past week, 7 came up 5 times in four draws, and 2 came up three draws in a row. It's random, no guarantees. 

PRETESTs don't pay. I know that going in. Their purpose is only to establish the ball sets and the machine are in good working order and that everything is as random as can be. Call it public assurance, if nothing else. I would be surprised if a few of the PRETESTS didn't match the winning number over 5000 draws, but I'm not going back to check. Of course, the actual live draws have produced the same digits, back to back, a few times.

I'm not a $20 player. The most I've ever played on a single number is $6 a few years ago with my son when we were convinced there was no way we could lose. $360 later we won $290. I suppose the heavens would have to open up and an angel present me the digits on gold tablets before I'd play $20.

I did check this past weeks's PRETESTS and yep. 080, 675, 756 came out. I played those numbers boxed. How does that me feel?

Indifferent. I'm not betting on the PRETESTS. Not concerned with the PRETESTS. They have no bearing on the numbers I'm holding. And what about the person holding a $20 ticket, who sees the number come up in the PRETESTS, tosses the ticket, and then the numbers come up in the live drawing?

Overall, people with RNG drawing want ball drawings because they are more predictable. And certain people with ball drawings are always trying to find something wrong with the ball drawings which will lead to RNG.

The only real solution to that problem is the same as when we were kids. If you don't like the rules, consider it unfair, misleading, corrupt, crooked, or have a problem with the way it is conducted, don't play.

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
      Winning makes me smile.
      bel air maryland
      United States
      Member #90251
      April 24, 2010
      4858 Posts
      Posted: January 30, 2011, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

Now if the states had not suspended sales of these # 's possibly even more people may have won. Is the reason for suspending the sale simply the fact the state lottery didn't have the $, or didn't want to have  to pay out that much money? Most likely the sole reason for suspending sales is for state budgetary reasons i.e. "the financial integrity". If that is not the case, then what are they afraid of? I would think the publicity of a large payout would only increase sales. Isn't that what happens whenever the mega millions and power ball jackpots go way up?

By the way I will continue playing the pick 3 because I enjoy it. Are the lotteries truly rigged? I would hope not. However, sometimes the way the #'s come out you have to wonder if they are truly "random" or is it just coincidence. And I'm quite sure there are forums discussing that. That being said, f.y.i. here in Md. the 1/27/11 eve # was 461, the 1/28 mid # was 416, the 1/30 eve # was 641. Considering the subject of this whole post/conversation is that ironic or what? You decide. Have a good day!!!

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
        Dallas, Texas
        United States
        Member #4549
        May 2, 2004
        1675 Posts
        Posted: January 31, 2011, 12:01 am - IP Logged

Now if the states had not suspended sales of these # 's possibly even more people may have won. Is the reason for suspending the sale simply the fact the state lottery didn't have the $, or didn't want to have  to pay out that much money? Most likely the sole reason for suspending sales is for state budgetary reasons i.e. "the financial integrity". If that is not the case, then what are they afraid of? I would think the publicity of a large payout would only increase sales. Isn't that what happens whenever the mega millions and power ball jackpots go way up?

By the way I will continue playing the pick 3 because I enjoy it. Are the lotteries truly rigged? I would hope not. However, sometimes the way the #'s come out you have to wonder if they are truly "random" or is it just coincidence. And I'm quite sure there are forums discussing that. That being said, f.y.i. here in Md. the 1/27/11 eve # was 461, the 1/28 mid # was 416, the 1/30 eve # was 641. Considering the subject of this whole post/conversation is that ironic or what? You decide. Have a good day!!!

Probably should have included the winning numbers.....in Ohio when they suspended 4414, the winning number was 9104. In NY when they suspended 1549, the winners were 1253 and 7936. In both cases people were still able to purchase the winners. The people most affected were the ones who wouldn't have any other number, and would have lost anyway. 

Now if the lottery were rigged, the state would continue selling those numbers knowing they were losers, making easy money, and people would say, "Oh, but I was SOOOOO sure" when they lost.

Fear is probably a good description of the reason for the suspension. Of course, if the lottery were rigged, there would be nothing to fear.

Anyway, if you are interested in this you should download the history of the Georgia Cash3 and pay close attention to the payouts in that state.

The comment about don't play was not intended for you, hope you understand that, it was a reaction to people who know the rules going in and then complain about the rules when they lose.

I did look at the Maryland numbers and noticed that as well. True head scratcher, isn't it?

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8360 Posts
          Posted: January 31, 2011, 12:28 am - IP Logged

The reason sales are cut off on a number is because that number has reached a threshold payout amount. If they didn't have a threshold payout amount and many thousands of people purchased certain numbers the lottery could possibly not be able to payout on said numbers.

If that were to happen on a continual basis then the lottery would have to fold. All state lottery's have this in place to protect them.

146 can come out 6 different ways the fact that it came out three times tells me to put that number on a play list for the rest of the year.

The ball sets favor certain numbers or digits over time. One winter about three years ago they drew the 8 and 9 here in the pick 4 so many times you'd of thought the machine only had 8 and 9 in them but of course the were a complete set of numbers in each machine. People that picked up on it made good money, people who played every number without 8-9 in them lost money on those days.

Observation is they key to winning in MD go with the hot digits. When they fade out pick up the next hot digits and run with it. 

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.

United States
            Member #75358
            June 1, 2009
            5345 Posts
            Posted: January 31, 2011, 12:59 am - IP Logged

They should leave the Dang machines alone.....Period.