Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

predictios--Must have limits

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 6 years ago by pepper1.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
aumira's avatar - chi
princeton junction.NJ
United States
Member #3892
February 29, 2004
82 Posts
Posted: February 9, 2011, 3:03 pm - IP Logged

it is amusing to see whole paragraphs of numbers more 50  of them for pick3/4 lotteries

apart from the tediousness of reading them they generally are total failures,

as a pastime it is fine to guess but as a madness.

It is my considered view that a good percentage can be winners with a maximum of 8numbers only:otherwise

the methodology is not good enough.

A limit must be placed for the no of predictions and a[ systemfor permutationally entering the numbers should be introduced

aumira

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #74096
    May 2, 2009
    22978 Posts
    Posted: February 9, 2011, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

Set your own limits...only view those who post 8 numbers or less.

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8365 Posts
      Posted: February 9, 2011, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

it is amusing to see whole paragraphs of numbers more 50  of them for pick3/4 lotteries

It is my considered view that a good percentage can be winners with a maximum of 8numbers only:otherwise

A limit must be placed for the no of predictions and a[ systemfor permutationally entering the numbers should be introduced

aumira

are you referring to the prediction boards or individual post on the forums.

The predictions pages were set up by Todd so based on membership level you have options to post more or less numbers up to 50 numbers depending on your membership level.

Platinum posters can post 50 picks across all states and or individual states.

Posters who post for individual states can be found by using the blue menu bar under predictions then opening the state your looking for and clicking the check box on the left side up top of the page that says

That page will show the posters that posted individual picks for that particular state that was opened only.

Why do posters post all their numbers in all states is because it is time consuming to post on the prediction pages for individual states. The last time i tried it years ago it took over an hour just to copy and paste the numbers.... had i did a work up for every state and post the numbers for each and every state it would take up most of a day.

Now if your referring to people who post on the various threads that might be their preferred method. There are many posters who post on the forums who do not post on the prediction board, and some who do both.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        40611 Posts
        Posted: February 11, 2011, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

posting numbers on a daily basis is alot of fun, most of us who post put some thought into what we predict,

there are very serious players who are very good at it.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
          The Ville, FL
          United States
          Member #95879
          August 19, 2010
          1708 Posts
          Posted: February 11, 2011, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

aumira

Its funny you brought this up. I made a comment on a current pick 3 thread about this and the poster didnt like what I had to say, so I receieved an IM from her. It's the truth

Although many on here put alot of thought/work into their picks and they are passionate about it, i just find that when someone posts up 100+ picks "good for all states" its pointless. Thats pretty much a gauranteed hit in one of the states.

I always think its great when someone posts up a few picks and they get a hit. That means they didnt spend much and they came out ahead which is a godo accomplishment.

Long story short, I agree with you

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10354 Posts
            Posted: February 11, 2011, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

There is a tout mentality that often surfaces where there is any form of gambling.

A tout doesn't bet their own money but eagerly advises others on what to bet, or even after the fact says, "Look what you would have won with my picks". (Often they've picked both sides of a game or multiple horses in the same race.)

Someone posting numbers thyew've bet on is not a tout. But people posting multiple numbers to say they hit something in some state, as B$Rizzle mentioned, is just doing it for braggin rights, which is kind of silly.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7322 Posts
              Posted: February 12, 2011, 9:52 am - IP Logged

There is a tout mentality that often surfaces where there is any form of gambling.

A tout doesn't bet their own money but eagerly advises others on what to bet, or even after the fact says, "Look what you would have won with my picks". (Often they've picked both sides of a game or multiple horses in the same race.)

Someone posting numbers thyew've bet on is not a tout. But people posting multiple numbers to say they hit something in some state, as B$Rizzle mentioned, is just doing it for braggin rights, which is kind of silly.

Speaking of touts, I went to a race track with a guy that would mention the name of every horse before the race and after the race would say, "See, I told ya that horse had a chance to win".

"But people posting multiple numbers to say they hit something in some state, as B$Rizzle mentioned, is just doing it for braggin rights, which is kind of silly."

If we throw in a little common sense, it would next to impossible to bet 50 combos in every state with a pick-3 games and they would need more than one straight winner just to break even. What's really silly is when somebody congratulates them for catching a box somewhere.

I've checked when someone matched all 5 numbers in a pick-5 game and saw there were no jackpot winners. I'm not knocking anyone picking 5 numbers, but if nobody won the jackpot, it's obvious those numbers weren't played.

In the Pick 3 forum there are members that will give 10 or less predictions in one state and those are the people that deserve congrats when they have multilple winners.

If people are having fun picking tons of numbers everyday, it's no skin off my nose and it's not when someone gives them congrats either.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #17843
                June 28, 2005
                49835 Posts
                Posted: February 12, 2011, 11:08 am - IP Logged

aumira

How can you miss the Bull's-Eye: When you take a Shotgun to a Sharpshooter Contest...

Bull's-Eye: The center spot of a target: A shot that precisely hits the center of a target!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
                  Pittsburg, Ks
                  United States
                  Member #3382
                  January 17, 2004
                  81044 Posts
                  Posted: February 14, 2011, 6:56 am - IP Logged

aumira

Get ready to be amused again coz I am one of those people who posts 50 numbers but only on the prediction page and The All States 50 thread. I used to post all 50 numbers on all the States listed on the Pick 3 forum but quit coz it was said  they were causing to many threads. As a platinum memeber is why I post the 50 numbers

God Bless America

US Flag

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10354 Posts
                    Posted: February 14, 2011, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

I agree with Raven62 about shotguns.

Maybe there should be a Pick 3 prediction category, one (three digit) number, one specific state. If anyone started hitting anything consistently, even once a week or two, then they would be showing everybody something.

But 50 numbers, multiple states, well "Boston Fire Department".

Let's just say one ticket actually played and hit that wins something is worth more than one thousand not-played predictions of many numbers that may hit somehwere.

When you bet your mind you lose your mind.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: March 13, 2011, 11:19 am - IP Logged

Success can sometimes be in the perception.

Take for instance the last horse I bet on.

He was so fast it took eight other horses to beat him.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

management's avatar - 66f4nm
                        CT
                        United States
                        Member #102318
                        December 18, 2010
                        41 Posts
                        Posted: March 13, 2011, 12:29 pm - IP Logged
                          mayhem's avatar - 142g5yd
                          Fort Worth, TX
                          United States
                          Member #106060
                          February 11, 2011
                          188 Posts
                          Posted: March 13, 2011, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

But playing over a 100 tickets per day put me ahead 2000 dollars in less than a week... The only real way to come out ahead with any consistency is to have a strategy and use that strategy to play a lot of tickets for straights....

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: March 13, 2011, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

But playing over a 100 tickets per day put me ahead 2000 dollars in less than a week... The only real way to come out ahead with any consistency is to have a strategy and use that strategy to play a lot of tickets for straights....

Of course you know that somebody is bound to ask you to document your claim.

But it won't be me.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

mayhem's avatar - 142g5yd
                              Fort Worth, TX
                              United States
                              Member #106060
                              February 11, 2011
                              188 Posts
                              Posted: March 13, 2011, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

I play all 120 non-repeating combinations in numerical order on the evening Texas pick3. People usually play this boxed but I play it straight because I noticed in Texas numerical order draws ( 123, 258, 037) happen 4 or more times a month. All you need is for it to happen 4 times in a month to come out ahead. Basically any time a there is a non-repeating draw that happens to be in order from least to greatest I win a straight. In February this happened 8 times in Texas alone! After charting this for the entire country starting in January through February and seeing most but not all states would get you ahead I decided to try it. It happened on Monday the 28th, that was 900. Then on the 2nd, 900 more. Then on the 4th....etc etc.

I play online and if you need it I can post screen shots. I didn't play on the 4th because I got cold feet and I've gambled away several hundred of what I had...but the transaction history is there and that would back up what I say. Of course you'd just start talking about photoshop....Skeptical

And important side note:

I don't think boxed play is a winning proposition over the long run no matter what. Straights get you so much farther ahead AND let you play more tickets to increase your chances of a win. Also not playing online and giving up 400 dollars is another loosing proposition. What I've found is that using aanewyork's  "Game Index" and straight wheeling the six combinations usually gives a similar amount of winnings. With one important difference. More stability. In the states with the least amount of numerical order draws I was still able to get consistent 3~6 wins with the Game Index in a straight wheel which meant as long as 3 of the six numbers picked out of 10 were right I get a straight win no matter the order they are drawn. I would say with a fairly consistent 4 wins a month this method has a maturity of only 25%. I can't wait to see where it can go from here as your already ahead of the state.