Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:36 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

David lee edwards television appearance.

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 6 years ago by ttech10.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Minnesota
United States
Member #103623
January 4, 2011
9 Posts
Posted: February 10, 2011, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

Just want to know if anyone has a link or knows where to find the episode of (I think) Lottery changed my life or some such where they did an interview with david lee edwards at his florida home and he gave the "tour". Remember seeing it way back but my google-fu is not good and i cant find a link to watch it.

Thanks

United States
    Member #75358
    June 1, 2009
    5345 Posts
    Posted: February 10, 2011, 8:33 pm - IP Logged
      megamanX's avatar - mega man_x_sprite-9629.jpg
      Pocatello, Idaho
      United States
      Member #105619
      February 3, 2011
      59 Posts
      Posted: February 10, 2011, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

what a moron. This just goes to show you winning the big one is just about dumb luck

Minnesota
        United States
        Member #103623
        January 4, 2011
        9 Posts
        Posted: February 11, 2011, 12:34 am - IP Logged

That did show a bit of it but i was hoping to find the whole "tour" he gave naming prices on his well crap, that he blew the money on.

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
          Whiskey Island
          United States
          Member #90216
          April 24, 2010
          12726 Posts
          Posted: February 11, 2011, 12:51 am - IP Logged

All the knives he had was from BUDK knives none thing special . He and his wife were coke and crack heads. He got wait was coming to him. The only person I feel sorry for is his daughter.... She had to live in filth and him and her step mom tweeking out around here . He could not even aford to pay his HOAS fee. HE let the money control him  not him control the money  !!!!!

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
            Oklahoma
            United States
            Member #82391
            November 12, 2009
            6290 Posts
            Posted: February 11, 2011, 5:31 am - IP Logged

I was  like why didn't he sell some of those knives to pay his HOA fees....LOL...Smash

Pocatello, Idaho
              United States
              Member #105619
              February 3, 2011
              59 Posts
              Posted: February 11, 2011, 5:38 am - IP Logged

So he paid cash for a 1.2 million dollar house but the HOA forclosed on him and auctioned the house off for owing about $8,600 in maintenance fees? That's just plain scary that the HOA can do that. This happened before the real estate bubble burst so the house must have had at least a million dollars in equity.

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
                Member #32537
                February 12, 2006
                698 Posts
                Posted: February 11, 2011, 6:06 am - IP Logged

what sad is he didn't invest ,  people think millions will last them forever, we on this forum Should know it does Not......... if you spend like one, you better have yearly income of super rich person

40+ cash huh?

he could of just invested a just half hes jackpot of say 20m   in high divindend paying stock,  and got over 2m in dividend payments for the rest of hes life a year

, keeping him Super rich

but nooooo, this guy had to spend millions to   buy 18 freaking cars

and lets not forget the knights and sword collective he quote paid 200+ of thousand of dollars  for, What a idiot

this joker had to have that Big house in some elite ahole gated rich people land, with no yearly income, why am i not shocked he losted it

the fact he taken out a loan and lost hes house to boot is Epic fail

thro the guy said, if he lost ever penny he be happy , o rly?

their a clue for you , no future investment money wise , don't  they have a life time  investment plan, They're Not motivated to stay rich

bigger jackpots just take longer for idiots to get rid of all of it

, but given them around 5 years and their broke if they just Spend spend spend

, nearly ever freaking time like clock work....... geez

their more idiots out their money wise, then smart ones,  sense majority are not smart investers with money

truth is they always be winning some of the time and we get to see the wreckage atfer they spent all that money

thro at lest a few charity's got some of hes money before he spent nearly it all, so hes not a total idiot,  just a idiot money wise

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #92330
                  June 5, 2010
                  887 Posts
                  Posted: February 11, 2011, 6:40 am - IP Logged

what sad is he didn't invest ,  people think millions will last them forever, we on this forum Should know it does Not......... if you spend like one, you better have yearly income of super rich person

40+ cash huh?

he could of just invested a just half hes jackpot of say 20m   in high divindend paying stock,  and got over 2m in dividend payments for the rest of hes life a year

, keeping him Super rich

but nooooo, this guy had to spend millions to   buy 18 freaking cars

and lets not forget the knights and sword collective he quote paid 200+ of thousand of dollars  for, What a idiot

this joker had to have that Big house in some elite ahole gated rich people land, with no yearly income, why am i not shocked he losted it

the fact he taken out a loan and lost hes house to boot is Epic fail

thro the guy said, if he lost ever penny he be happy , o rly?

their a clue for you , no future investment money wise , don't  they have a life time  investment plan, They're Not motivated to stay rich

bigger jackpots just take longer for idiots to get rid of all of it

, but given them around 5 years and their broke if they just Spend spend spend

, nearly ever freaking time like clock work....... geez

their more idiots out their money wise, then smart ones,  sense majority are not smart investers with money

truth is they always be winning some of the time and we get to see the wreckage atfer they spent all that money

thro at lest a few charity's got some of hes money before he spent nearly it all, so hes not a total idiot,  just a idiot money wise

Millions CAN last forever (forever being your lifetime) though, as long as you budget yourself. Whenever I look at the jackpot winnings I find the amount after all taxes and take out $2 million from that and see how much I can spend per year for the next so many years. The two million are for house, vehicle, student loans and celebration party. Taking a win of $5,000,000 I would spend no more than $50,000 a month and put the rest into savings (unless I win something more than $18 million after taxes in which case I would move to NY which would be a bit more per year due to RET and MM/CC of being in a condo).

By looking at your winnings and figuring out a budget with it you can live on that money without having to invest (give me $3,000,000 after all taxes and I'll never work again by limiting my monthly/yearly expenses). Just don't go out and spend blindly because you have an almost endless supply of money.

As for OP, I have the 'Curse of the Lottery' episode this guy is on but I'm not sure it's the one you're thinking of. It wasn't as much a tour of his home as it was the show going over all his drug problems before and after his winnings.

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
                    Member #32537
                    February 12, 2006
                    698 Posts
                    Posted: February 11, 2011, 7:05 am - IP Logged

ttech10 i agree with you about budget, but my point is, Even if your living on a budget it makes sense to invest the money, 

their great divindend paying stocks that range  5 to 10% ,   5m invested could get you 500k a year , ever year for the rest of your lifes, 

plus you sure got the stock to sell if you ever wanted to get rid of it down the road for a lot of cash fast up front

you never lost your up front invest, intstand all you did was put it to work earning More money for you

living in a budget off the high divind payments alone makes the must sense is my point, 

not investing is just wasteing that money to me, as i know rich get richer, and thats how they do it, they let  their money work for them,

living off your money labor seems like the smartest move thats all am trying to point out

that way you can live with a nice budget and never Lose your wealth, as new income always coming in

company profits go to you as its share owner/holder, thats what make ownership of divindend paying stocks one of the best Lifetime  use of money

also, their more lottery changed my lifes coming up Feb 19 on tlc, if anyone intrested in more lottery story's

gonnawinwatchme's avatar - images
                      Wisconsin
                      United States
                      Member #58835
                      February 27, 2008
                      148 Posts
                      Posted: February 12, 2011, 9:11 am - IP Logged

That episode was hilarious.  What's scary is that he lost his house for such a small amount.  I don't understand why he didn't just sell his crap and his house?  He would've been left with some money.

If I remember correctly, I googled him and he ended up living in a storage unit in FL somewhere.  The cops found him and his wife, living in their excrements, in a storage unit.

Pocatello, Idaho
                        United States
                        Member #105619
                        February 3, 2011
                        59 Posts
                        Posted: February 12, 2011, 9:14 am - IP Logged

That episode was hilarious.  What's scary is that he lost his house for such a small amount.  I don't understand why he didn't just sell his crap and his house?  He would've been left with some money.

If I remember correctly, I googled him and he ended up living in a storage unit in FL somewhere.  The cops found him and his wife, living in their excrements, in a storage unit.

living in their ..... what? GROSSSS

oncap's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg

Canada
                          Member #106563
                          February 21, 2011
                          25 Posts
                          Posted: March 7, 2011, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

Yikes Shocked

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                            Member #52345
                            May 21, 2007
                            2657 Posts
                            Posted: March 8, 2011, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

his first mistake outside of being a druggie was investing in a cavernous house in a gated HOA community

no one needs that much room for one's hobbies nore a ultimately useless collection of knives swords and related garbage unless one is prepared to use them

I mean I know for my self I'd get in trouble with having a fleet of cars ... but I'd stick with a modest collection of staples and the few hard workin Pickups that never fall out of value for the Right crowd

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #92330
                              June 5, 2010
                              887 Posts
                              Posted: March 9, 2011, 11:41 pm - IP Logged

ttech10 i agree with you about budget, but my point is, Even if your living on a budget it makes sense to invest the money, 

their great divindend paying stocks that range  5 to 10% ,   5m invested could get you 500k a year , ever year for the rest of your lifes, 

plus you sure got the stock to sell if you ever wanted to get rid of it down the road for a lot of cash fast up front

you never lost your up front invest, intstand all you did was put it to work earning More money for you

living in a budget off the high divind payments alone makes the must sense is my point, 

not investing is just wasteing that money to me, as i know rich get richer, and thats how they do it, they let  their money work for them,

living off your money labor seems like the smartest move thats all am trying to point out

that way you can live with a nice budget and never Lose your wealth, as new income always coming in

company profits go to you as its share owner/holder, thats what make ownership of divindend paying stocks one of the best Lifetime  use of money

also, their more lottery changed my lifes coming up Feb 19 on tlc, if anyone intrested in more lottery story's

Yea I get what you're saying, I've looked into investing if I ever won, and I would suggest people who have families to consider investing so they can leave something to their children, but I was just pointing out that you can indeed live off the winnings without ever investing. Yea you would be essentially be wasting money, but it's not required to do in order to not go broke.

Once I got more comfortable with the money I would definitely consider investing and getting a guy to work for me/my money, but it wouldn't be until a few years after I've won and gotten settled in.