Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Update Software

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 6 years ago by B$Rizzle.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
FL
United States
Member #93841
July 8, 2010
576 Posts
Posted: February 18, 2011, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone know what program I can use to get automatic lottery updates? 

Something kind of how we receive here...in the daily numbers page

I need something like this because i'm focusing to much on updating and I miss out on things, if I had an automated update, I can focus more on the workout.

"It's evolve or die, really, you have to evolve, you have to move on otherwise it just becomes stagnant."

Pogo's avatar - wfl
    NC
    United States
    Member #29378
    January 1, 2006
    552 Posts
    Posted: February 18, 2011, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

Been working toward this for a while, but just don't have enough time... Let me know, if you find some goodies... - Pogo

FL
      United States
      Member #93841
      July 8, 2010
      576 Posts
      Posted: February 18, 2011, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

Been working toward this for a while, but just don't have enough time... Let me know, if you find some goodies... - Pogo

I will keep you posted...

Hopefully someone can help with this question

"It's evolve or die, really, you have to evolve, you have to move on otherwise it just becomes stagnant."

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19815 Posts
        Posted: February 18, 2011, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

Some commercial software have an update service which is activated when you visit their websites.  At one time I used Lotto Pro and for a quarterly fee of $25, you could download an updated file daily which included every game in the program.    I've since switched to a program I wrote myself and find it's just as easy to go to the state website and update my files manually since I only track four games, PowerBall, MegaMillions, Ohio Classic Lotto and Rolling Cash5 provide more action then I can afford or need.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

FL
          United States
          Member #93841
          July 8, 2010
          576 Posts
          Posted: February 18, 2011, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for responding

I'm deciding to just create my own system in excel.  I will probably just do to updates per day(one after all mid draws and one after all eve draws)

From my understanding the schedule in daily games stays the same Mon-Sat....Sun is the only day with less draws.

am I right?

hoping2winbig's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
            Nebraska
            United States
            Member #72306
            March 15, 2009
            289 Posts
            Posted: February 18, 2011, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

hey Team , I think united states lotteries site  updates all games daily and early too . check it out see if that's what ya looking for

I intend to win a multi-million dollar lottery jackpot in the very near future

Wink

Florida
              United States
              Member #66575
              October 30, 2008
              3549 Posts
              Posted: February 18, 2011, 4:13 pm - IP Logged

I will keep you posted...

Hopefully someone can help with this question

Would Todds Lottery Post Results Gadget  work

If not if you Google there are some other free gadgets that will download customized reults to your desktop

http://www.lotterypost.com/gadget

CG

uprrman's avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                harvard,il
                United States
                Member #96756
                September 4, 2010
                2430 Posts
                Posted: February 19, 2011, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for responding

I'm deciding to just create my own system in excel.  I will probably just do to updates per day(one after all mid draws and one after all eve draws)

From my understanding the schedule in daily games stays the same Mon-Sat....Sun is the only day with less draws.

am I right?

hello teamprofit. can you tell me what happened to TOOKOOL? HE WAS ON HERE AND HAD SOME GOOD IDEAS THEN HE DISAPPEARED. THANKS FOR ANYHELP

RICK  TRIED TO PM YOU BUT YOUR BOX WAS FULL!

i want to be a millionaire a second time!

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
                  The Ville, FL
                  United States
                  Member #95879
                  August 19, 2010
                  1708 Posts
                  Posted: February 19, 2011, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone know what program I can use to get automatic lottery updates? 

Something kind of how we receive here...in the daily numbers page

I need something like this because i'm focusing to much on updating and I miss out on things, if I had an automated update, I can focus more on the workout.

You are just looking for FL updates correct? Also which game(s) are you needing updates for?

Raven62's avatar - binary
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #17843
                    June 28, 2005
                    49615 Posts
                    Posted: February 20, 2011, 10:22 am - IP Logged

Thank you for responding

am I right?

Excel is Web Friendly: You can Import the Draws for each State: Directly from their Websites.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

The Ville, FL
                      United States
                      Member #95879
                      August 19, 2010
                      1708 Posts
                      Posted: February 20, 2011, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

Excel is Web Friendly: You can Import the Draws for each State: Directly from their Websites.

Ive tried to import FL's results from PDF to Excel without success. The PDF is too big because the records go back many many years.

I've painstakenly manually entered the results into excel over many hours.

If you have a suggestion as to how to import years of results please let me know!

Thank you

Raven62's avatar - binary
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #17843
                        June 28, 2005
                        49615 Posts
                        Posted: February 20, 2011, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

Ive tried to import FL's results from PDF to Excel without success. The PDF is too big because the records go back many many years.

I've painstakenly manually entered the results into excel over many hours.

If you have a suggestion as to how to import years of results please let me know!

Thank you

You need to convert the pdf file to a csv file: Separate the csv file into individual games (Pick3 Day, Pick 3 Eve, etc.): Then import the csv file into Excel.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

The Ville, FL
                          United States
                          Member #95879
                          August 19, 2010
                          1708 Posts
                          Posted: February 20, 2011, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

You need to convert the pdf file to a csv file: Separate the csv file into individual games (Pick3 Day, Pick 3 Eve, etc.): Then import the csv file into Excel.

Thx Raven, Ive tried that before but unfortunately the page breaks/format of the PDF that FL lottery provides is not setup like a standard PDF.  Anytime I try to add breaks for the date & winning #s the sheet comes out all jacked up.

Ill look into it a little more to see if I can get the formatting to match up

Thanks for the help

-B