Powerball lottery jackpot jumps to $155 million

Feb 20, 2011, 9:37 am (41 comments)

Powerball

by Todd Northrop

The multi-state Powerball lottery drawing took place last night once again without any jackpot winners, causing the new jackpot for Wednesday's drawing to grow to an estimated $155 million, with a cash option of $75.9 million.

The new grand prize is the largest Powerball jackpot since June 2, 2010, when one ticket from Ohio won a $262 million prize.

Saturday night was the 8th consecutive drawing without a jackpot winner.

Even though there were no jackpot winners, 8 lucky tickets matched the first five numbers for a $200,000 second-place prize: 1 from Arkansas, 3 from Florida, 1 from Kansas, 1 from Louisiana, 1 from Michigan, and 1 from Pennsylvania.

One of the second-prize tickets, from Florida, was purchased with the Power Play option, which has multiplied the ticket-holder's prize to a sizable $1 million.

38 tickets matched four white numbers plus the Powerball and won $10,000. Of those tickets, nine also were purchased with the Power Play option, multiplying the prize by 5 for a total cash prize of $50,000.

The Powerball winning numbers for Saturday, February 19, were 3, 12, 34, 37, and 42, with Powerball number 36.  The Power Play number was 5.

A total of 1,010,817 tickets across the USA won $10,157,121 in prizes playing "America's Game" Saturday night. 152,599 of those winning tickets were purchased with the Power Play option, which multiplied the prize by 5 Saturday.

When a Powerball ticket is purchased with the Power Play option for an extra $1 per ticket, any non-jackpot prize is multiplied from 2-5 times, depending on a computerized random number generated that evening. Second-place Power Play-enabled tickets matching five numbers but not the Powerball are always multiplied by 5 times, for a $1 million prize.

Powerball is now played in 42 states, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Drawings are Wednesdays and Saturdays at 11:00 p.m. Eastern Time.

The Powerball winning numbers are published right after every drawing at USA Mega (www.usamega.com).

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

sully16's avatarsully16

Congrats to the winners, now onto the jackpot.

dphillips's avatardphillips

I would take $200,000 in a heartbeat, and by the way, I always do a powerplay option.

joshuacloak's avatarjoshuacloak

49m cash option atfer full 35% tax rate applyed to 79m cash , Not a Bad jackpot....

with 40m invested right, i  could be getting 4m easy a year....    this jackpot could make a smart single winner rich forever

with 9m left over you could buy ever little silly thing your hearts desire,

and have more come in ever year form  dividends investments.  geez

OldSchoolPa's avatarOldSchoolPa

I HAVE A DREAM....that one day I will win either the Powerball or MegaMillions jackpot!!!  And when that dream comes true, I would live off the investment interest/dividends...don't think one can go broke by not getting involved in business deals gone bad and not touching principle.

S157855

i won 0 last night enthusiasm took a hit haha

grats to all the winners and jp is looking good

freeobama's avatarfreeobama

This jackpot belongs to me!!!Dance

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

It is time for a jackpot win in PA!

Happy to win on Wednesday!

Cool

C0w Pi3

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Feb 20, 2011

It is time for a jackpot win in PA!

Happy to win on Wednesday!

Cool

I think Delaware needs one more :D lol best of luck too all and hopefully someone here on lotterypost can take it home!!

S157855

Quote: Originally posted by C0w Pi3 on Feb 20, 2011

I think Delaware needs one more :D lol best of luck too all and hopefully someone here on lotterypost can take it home!!

nooo ohio will win it

it would be amazing if a lp member won

Virginia is due for a win it has been over a year since somebody hit the jackpot here, Maybe i can break the ice.Bat

waltoy's avatarwaltoy

Thanks, because i'm going ot be the  winner of $155. million, i knew my time was  going to  come, i was delayed but not denied!!!!!!, Oh how i thanks the Lord for this bessing.Banana

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

Quote: Originally posted by S157855 on Feb 20, 2011

i won 0 last night enthusiasm took a hit haha

grats to all the winners and jp is looking good

Roll Eyes finally got a $3 winner .... neeener neeener neeener LOL

Indeeed VA is long over due for a nice winner and Razz @ Ohio and the few other nameless states

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

LOL.... hate to bust your bubble but (I) Oklahoma will be bringing home the Powerball jackpotWink

awwcrap's avatarawwcrap

mine mine mine all mine

ppacombu

Ok you wanna win the $155 Million Powerball Jackpot. Here is the number that might come out  because  I dreamed those numbers drawn. (02,13,19,35,54 and the powerball 28. I'm gonna go drop a few  bucks on them, so feel free to try your luck. You never know cuz

ppacombu

Damm Imagine I can smell it.  I think I goet it this time

temptustoo's avatartemptustoo

I always buy a grouper. so I never get the power play.. which SUCKS... Disapprove

sully16's avatarsully16

my huband got a couple qp's and he said the guy in front of him bought 50, the chase is on.

dr65's avatardr65

Quote: Originally posted by sully16 on Feb 21, 2011

my huband got a couple qp's and he said the guy in front of him bought 50, the chase is on.

sully, I think I'll put $50 on your post time...I might have better luck with the pick 3.

No reason I can't do both...$50 on 101 and $10 on Powerball...it is worth a shot.

BananaBananaBanana

Good luck everyone!

S157855

wow 50...

i remember one time i bought 54 qps for classic and i won 4.00

i quess more is better but the winners buy thousands... lol maybe ill get 30 and cut back on mm and classi.

TRUEBELIEVER's avatarTRUEBELIEVER

Sorry to everone but its time for a big Nc WIN and that belngs to me sorry but thanks for playing.  Party

our streak of jackpot winners is  very long dry streak im break it this coming wed.

Quote: Originally posted by TRUEBELIEVER on Feb 21, 2011

Sorry to everone but its time for a big Nc WIN and that belngs to me sorry but thanks for playing.  Party

our streak of jackpot winners is  very long dry streak im break it this coming wed.

Razz @ NC ..... and it's southern neighbors

adamc224

Dry Streak?

TN has not had a jackpot winner since March 2005... As much as i want my home state to win the jackpot i would rather win it in Georgia... at least GA takes care of their lottery players!

But you have that pesky 6% state income tax. And TN has no state tax. Also I don't want Hargrove taking credit when sales skyrocket. People see success and want it to happen to them. So naturally, they throw down some dollars on a jackpot to see if they can repeat that success. 

sully16's avatarsully16

Quote: Originally posted by dr65 on Feb 21, 2011

sully, I think I'll put $50 on your post time...I might have better luck with the pick 3.

No reason I can't do both...$50 on 101 and $10 on Powerball...it is worth a shot.

BananaBananaBanana

Good luck everyone!

Wishing you the best dr, I'd love to put $50 on 127...dreaming.

good luck. Hyper

myturn08

Yes the number will come from NC but the winner lives in GA, thats me :-) implaying back the numbers i got last weekend while in Chapel Hill, thanks lol

The winner is going to be from the most remote part of this country,trust me i know! the winner never plays but decided to put together 4 quarters because the jackpot is massive.No Pity!

Do not forget VA never had a Powerball Jackpot winner. The last jackpot won by a VA player was in 2009, Mega Millions $200 million.Bed

I know the guy is going to be upset if he do not win! I spend $100s of dollars on these games just to lose to someone on the other side of the country! its a cruel game but fair.Let It All Out

ttech10's avatarttech10

Hopefully just whoever wins needs it, like a Chris Shaw type person. If I can't win then hopefully someone else who could use it does, I'd be fine with the $10,000.

TheOtherOne's avatarTheOtherOne

Quote: Originally posted by adamc224 on Feb 21, 2011

Dry Streak?

TN has not had a jackpot winner since March 2005... As much as i want my home state to win the jackpot i would rather win it in Georgia... at least GA takes care of their lottery players!

But you have that pesky 6% state income tax. And TN has no state tax. Also I don't want Hargrove taking credit when sales skyrocket. People see success and want it to happen to them. So naturally, they throw down some dollars on a jackpot to see if they can repeat that success. 

And even that winner in TN was the first and only PB winner, correct?

We have never had a MM win but I know a lot of states havent since it is new to many.

As for Hargrove, well, she can bask in the light all she wants when I hit the PB jackpot here -- better her than me! lol I wouldnt want the attention. She can have all the credit; I will just take all the payout and be on my way :)

S157855

Quote: Originally posted by freeobama on Feb 21, 2011

The winner is going to be from the most remote part of this country,trust me i know! the winner never plays but decided to put together 4 quarters because the jackpot is massive.No Pity!

LOL Probably!

podder1's avatarpodder1

well i hate to tell you guys  but this one belongs to me i have been playing the same number for a very long time   so i am claiming this jack pot i need to take care of my mom  and also build me a bowling alley

podder1's avatarpodder1

thank you   and good  luck to u 2

podder1's avatarpodder1

i always say when i win, not if i win ,but when i win, i will give my family money but i always tell them if you don't have a job get one , and if you do have a job keep it.

adamc224

Quote: Originally posted by TheOtherOne on Feb 21, 2011

And even that winner in TN was the first and only PB winner, correct?

We have never had a MM win but I know a lot of states havent since it is new to many.

As for Hargrove, well, she can bask in the light all she wants when I hit the PB jackpot here -- better her than me! lol I wouldnt want the attention. She can have all the credit; I will just take all the payout and be on my way :)

Yes, 25.5 million was the jackpot amount. I guess Hargrove could enjoy the praise from me... however i would also tell her that she needs to pack it up and move on to another state. We need some fresh idea's, i mean have you played the new $20 dollar ticket or the Lady Jumbo Bucks? They make winning ticket's seem more and more like a Unicorn to me. and get rid of the Computer's for every TN based game and give us our "Ball's" back....

-Now that was funny-

joshuacloak's avatarjoshuacloak

the sad part is how hargrove killed our pack 5 game, and replaced with with a pack 6 game, WITH worst Money rollovers

it only goes up 20k per rollover, Pack 5, always rolled over to 40k

and the current jackpot of 870k, has taken almust 2 months,   this is how slow it goes

200k, jan 5th, fed 2nd, 440k,   Sign...... now it at lest moving 60k up at 800k level, but if this was pack5, it would of rolled over 100k easy

give us back our pack 5, or at lest make this bs pack 6 game, AT LEST match the rollover amounts of our pack 5

and the sad part, our pack 5 once over a million some rare times, our currewnt 870k, is the current record......... this game has not proven it self at ALL,

its like replaceing powerball with a new game, that has higher odds, Worst rollovers, and takes much more time just to get to the same high levels the odd game did easy.

its  a rather sad state of afairs in tn, we have the Must Stupid CEO/team of leader ship i have ever seen at"creating" games

pack 5 was created at the start, they could not help them selfs, pack 5 was just to good for them , they had to replace with it with a Worst game

matter of fact, if pack 5 was sure going on, it would Out roll, out sell 20 to 1, and Out best  its amounts

our pack 6 is a load bullcarp, they know it, our pack 6 sucks that much

and the Sad part is, we could of had a decent, not great like ca/new york/texas/Florida amounts,  but much better cash payouts then this retarded step child of a pack 6 we have now

its called powerball little brother, aka freaking hot lotto/

Wed, Feb 23th, 2.3m cash option    is the current offer, and its record jackpot was over 10m cash,  at lest we have many other states helping the prize pool.

but noooooo, god forbid we a muti state pack 6, we had to create the must retarded pack 6 game in the united states

ppacombu

The lottery is  a complete rip off. Good luck to those who playing it including me..lol

ppacombu

I wouldn't give shiit. How come its the time she won big that he gonna come to her, but when she was struggling he never bother to come. Fucck it. When i won the lottery, I will not give shiit  to anybody who never value me before. Only those who keep real with me and those who give me some money when i was in need. After that, fucck everyone else. Human is too greedy. I hope this woman doesn't have to give shiit to that succker.

butterflykt's avatarbutterflykt

This blessing will be mine 2nite!  On my way 2 get 2 tickets w/power play!

NoShame's avatarNoShame

<snip>!  No winner in the $155mil?  That's unbelievable.  Things are gonna get crazy up in here now!

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

$184 mill @ last count

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story