Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball Jackpot..Dream vs Reality...?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 6 years ago by markaz.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
ttech10's avatar - blobdude
Texas
United States
Member #92330
June 5, 2010
887 Posts
Posted: March 1, 2011, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

I'd be collecting via a trust so no real reason to go into hiding and a financial advisor would be apart of the "team" I have when I create my trust. I would be moving after I won, though, but I wouldn't ignore people calling/texting me since that would add suspicion (since I collected via a trust they wouldn't easily know I'm the winner, just assume... if even that). Most people don't know I play the lottery, as it never comes up in conversations with them and most think it's a waste of time/money, so even though the winner will have been close to my home they wouldn't really suspect me (until I bought new stuff of course, though I'd be moving from the city so it wouldn't be an issue).

The "think things through" bit has already been done so I would go to the people who would setup my trust and get a short term loan of around $1500 so I can go visit my parents and give them the good news while the lawyer/attorney works everything out.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: March 12, 2011, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers!

(I didn't write that, Shakespeare did, in Henry VI).

I kinda like the idea though.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

markaz's avatar - Pandaavatar
      Peoria,AZ
      United States
      Member #98399
      October 6, 2010
      11 Posts
      Posted: March 23, 2011, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

Option C.

I wouldn't even tell my wife (she would tell her father then the entire state of Arizona would know within 24 hrs) until the plan was in place so that when the day come to pick it up it's off limits to only those who I dictate. No family members. Read the stories....family members feel like it's a genetic right that they get theirs.

Desperate people do desperate things.