Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Three 2nd Prize winners on 1 ticket in NY for last MegaMillions drawing (2/22/11)?!

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Raven62.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
New York
United States
Member #106780
February 24, 2011
3 Posts
Posted: February 25, 2011, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

probably not quickpicks as i have quickpicks from 10 years ago that i always check and they haven't won at all ever,so they put them out and then don't let them hit.

remember the hardest thing for the lottery is screening out the 3 of 5 so nobody wins at all=more money for teachers,education and vets..

Do you really think Quickpicks have a worse chance of winning than personal picks? Do lotteries get controlled like this? What's the consensus about this here on the forums?

And can you please explain what this means: "the hardest thing for the lottery is screening out the 3 of 5 so nobody wins at all"

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49835 Posts
    Posted: February 26, 2011, 9:16 am - IP Logged

First thing, hi this is my first post, and I hope I'm posting this in the right sub-forum, and that this is worthy of a new thread, etc.

Anyway, there were three 2nd prize ($250,000) winners in NY in the last MegaMillions drawing (2/22/11). I checked the New York Lottery's information to see where these three winners were bought and was amazed to see that ALL THREE were bought in the same store. This makes me think that someone picked the numbers themselves and had 3 sets of winners on one ticket. Logical or no? If that's the case, has anyone heard anything about this? I have seen nothing about this anywhere. Isn't it amazing?

<snip> how lucky can some people be. I have tried to do something like this occasionally in the past, making the first five numbers of two lines identical to try to win $250,000 times 2. But THREE???  I know it's only been 2 days since the drawing, but is there any information about this out there?

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Three 2nd Place Prize Winners in NY again Last Night (02/25/2011): Were they all sold in the same Store? If they were: Maybe someone there has a System that Works!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!