Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Translators Wanted

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Developer.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Developer's avatar - logo2 small.jpg
Somerset
United Kingdom
Member #9710
December 17, 2004
184 Posts
Posted: March 9, 2011, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

Hi

I have a lottery application I am making multi language.

If you would like to translate a 1000 lin text doc in to a language other than English I would give you a free product key for your time.

Heres a screen shot of the app making a prediction on the EuroMillions draw

Lottery Statistic Analyser

It has been said every software has a bug in it, it has also been said that every program can be reduced by one line of code.

There for any program can be reduced to 1 line that dont work.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
    Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: March 9, 2011, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Hi

If you would like to translate a 1000 lin text doc in to a language other than English I would give you a free product key for your time.

The English version also needs editing, my English is not so good, but I see that:

LOWESS might mean either LOWER or LOWEST, but I am probably wrong on that one and it means something else, but:

Numaric Postion 3 maybe means Numeric Position 3

Placement Proberbility maybe means Placement Probability

It might be best if the proofreading is done by 2 persons as Who among us is always right? English is my second language and as it is I don't have much schooling and as for Spanish my first language now it is my second as I have forgotten much about how to write it.

LSA is it "Lottery Statistics Analyser" (Analyzer) ?

By the way about the draws dates here they are like:

12/03/10 instead of 03/12/10 and we really best use 12/03/2010

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
      Magnolia, Delaware
      United States
      Member #18795
      July 20, 2005
      789 Posts
      Posted: March 10, 2011, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

The English version also needs editing, my English is not so good, but I see that:

LOWESS might mean either LOWER or LOWEST, but I am probably wrong on that one and it means something else, but:

Numaric Postion 3 maybe means Numeric Position 3

Placement Proberbility maybe means Placement Probability

It might be best if the proofreading is done by 2 persons as Who among us is always right? English is my second language and as it is I don't have much schooling and as for Spanish my first language now it is my second as I have forgotten much about how to write it.

LSA is it "Lottery Statistics Analyser" (Analyzer) ?

By the way about the draws dates here they are like:

12/03/10 instead of 03/12/10 and we really best use 12/03/2010

I wouldn't use some software that was written by someone who doesn't know how to spell! Dang there is even spell check for posting to this forum! What a joke! LMFAO Green laugh

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

Jack-C's avatar - us
        San Diego, CA
        United States
        Member #61467
        May 24, 2008
        28146 Posts
        Posted: March 10, 2011, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

Hi

I could translate it into almost any language, but I would have to translate it into English first!

paurths's avatar - underground
          Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
          Belgium
          Member #19287
          July 29, 2005
          2254 Posts
          Posted: March 10, 2011, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

i'm sorry to write this, or rather having to write this, but it seems some of you are actually laughing at/with this person... and how funny it is... not!

Lowess?

This might help some of you.... pffff

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_regression

kind regards
          Ricky

lasas3

An onion a day keeps everyone away!!!

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
            Magnolia, Delaware
            United States
            Member #18795
            July 20, 2005
            789 Posts
            Posted: March 10, 2011, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

i'm sorry to write this, or rather having to write this, but it seems some of you are actually laughing at/with this person... and how funny it is... not!

Lowess?

kind regards
            Ricky

I never said that ALLwords he used were misspelled! But you do have to admit more than just a few key words were misspelled! Man lighten up paurths.     Patriot

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

Tx
              United States
              Member #4570
              May 4, 2004
              5180 Posts
              Posted: March 10, 2011, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

Lowess?

kind regards
              Ricky

Ricky

Yes, I thought that I might be wrong on that one.

Thanks for posting that.

And this next might not go well with some people, but knowing how to spell words, doesn't have to be related with neither prediction nor with programming ability, I mean it can be, but doesn't at all have to be.

And it is for sure that I didn't mean for my post to be neither funny nor offensive, it does surprise me that it was taken the wrong way, I am sorry.

Regardless, the English version should be edited first and then translated into other languages as requested.

It might just be a very nice and good program, never know until you first try it.

By the way, I don't know anything about that program at least not yet.

Tx
                United States
                Member #4570
                May 4, 2004
                5180 Posts
                Posted: March 10, 2011, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

I could translate it into almost any language, but I would have to translate it into English first!

Why not?

NASHVILLE, TENN
                  United States
                  Member #33372
                  February 20, 2006
                  1044 Posts
                  Posted: March 11, 2011, 1:11 am - IP Logged

Ricky

Yes, I thought that I might be wrong on that one.

Thanks for posting that.

And this next might not go well with some people, but knowing how to spell words, doesn't have to be related with neither prediction nor with programming ability, I mean it can be, but doesn't at all have to be.

And it is for sure that I didn't mean for my post to be neither funny nor offensive, it does surprise me that it was taken the wrong way, I am sorry.

Regardless, the English version should be edited first and then translated into other languages as requested.

It might just be a very nice and good program, never know until you first try it.

By the way, I don't know anything about that program at least not yet.

Don't apologize, Lantern.  Many posters here have English as a second language.  You tried to help that person with their second language.  For that I appluad you.  I tried that once and quickly learned to never, ever, do something that stupid again.

Tx
                    United States
                    Member #4570
                    May 4, 2004
                    5180 Posts
                    Posted: March 11, 2011, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

Hi

Developer

There are some free online spell checking sites, using a search engine such as Google type:

Online spell check

And Or:

Online spell check and grammar

Also there are free spell checking applications for download, use a search engine.

As posted by somebody, once the English version is corrected then maybe would be less hard to translate at least into Spanish.

I went to the site, the program looks nice, WTG!

Tx
                      United States
                      Member #4570
                      May 4, 2004
                      5180 Posts
                      Posted: March 12, 2011, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

The words below will be translated to Spanish by one particular machine automatic translator:

"Hi

Heres a screen shot of the app making a prediction on the EuroMillions draw"

-------

Next the translation:

Hola

Tengo una aplicación de lotería que hago la lengua multi-.

Si le gustara traducir a un 1000 doctor de texto de lin en a una lengua además del inglés yo le daría una llave de producto libre para su tiempo.

Heres un tiro de pantalla del app fabricación de una predicción en los Euromillones de empate

-------

Now I will edit the original and see if it makes a better translation or not:

Hi

I have a lottery application that I am making multilanguage.

If you would like to translate a 1000 lines text document into a language other than English I would give you a free product key for your time.

Here is a screen shot of the application making a prediction for the EuroMillions draw.

----

Next the automatic translation:

Hola

Tengo una aplicación de lotería que hago plurilingüe.

Si le gustara traducir un 1000 documento de texto de líneas en una lengua además del inglés yo le daría una llave de producto libre para su tiempo.

Aquí está un tiro de pantalla de la aplicación que hace una predicción para los Euromillones de empate.

----------

Maybe a little better than the first-one.

It is important to word and spell the English original as right as possible in order to get a somewhat better translation.

Not a good automatic translation, but it can be more or less understood, it does save a lot of time and now can take less time to finish the translation.

My written Spanish is bad, but anyway maybe I can fix the automatic translation some:

Hola

Tengo una aplicación de lotería que hago plurilingüe.

Si le gustara traducir un documento de texto de 1000 líneas a una lengua además del inglés yo le daría una llave del producto, gratis, por su tiempo.

Aquí está un tiro de la image de la pantalla de la aplicación que hace una predicción para la loteria de Euromillones.

That is not quite right either, as my Spanish is not good, but now it can be understood much better.

Even without the "Hand" editing it can be more or less understood by most, but maybe not by all people, while after my work all should be able to understand it and it would have been very hard for me to do the translation all by myself, maybe I would not have been able to do it right.

Now, I will use Google and see how it does:

¡Hola!

Tengo una aplicación de la lotería que estoy haciendo en varios idiomas.

Si desea traducir un documento de 1000 líneas de texto en un idioma distinto del Inglés I le dará una clave de producto libre de su tiempo.

Aquí hay una captura de pantalla de la aplicación haciendo una predicción para el sorteo Euromillones.

Wow!

Google's translations are very good and much better than they used to be, I can hardly make the translation better, but next I will try:

¡Hola!

Tengo una aplicación de la lotería que estoy haciendo en varios idiomas.

Si desea traducir un documento de 1000 líneas de texto a un idioma distinto del Inglés yo le dare una clave del producto, gratis, por su tiempo.

Aquí hay una captura de pantalla de la aplicación haciendo una predicción para el sorteo Euromillones.

-------

Now, it appears to be a near perfect translation into Spanish.

Google's translations appear to be a good enough choice, at least for English to Spanish translations.

But 1000 lines of text are quite a few, it would be best for a Spanish speaking person to review the translation and to edit it as and if needed.

These few lines didn't take long to translate and edit.

Somerset
                        United Kingdom
                        Member #9710
                        December 17, 2004
                        184 Posts
                        Posted: March 13, 2011, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

Well, what can I say..... offended comes to mind

Would you laugh at someone with down's, or someone in a wheelchair, dyslexia is a disability I have to live with, I don't need it rubbed n my face. I was brought up on a farm and my fathers attitude toward school was a complete waste of time when I could be doing somthing productive like milking the cows. For what it’s worth I now have a degree in mathematics from Oxford and Cambridge, with a very high pass rate I may add, just because I struggle with English does not mean I can't find the square root of 2. For my day job I work coding electrical safety test systems in the defence, aerospace & space sectors. My piers have no issues with my spelling because I am very very good at what I do, peoples lifes may well depend on the accurecy of the test results from the software I write.

As for the math side of things please, LSA is a toy compaired to what I do from day to day at work, IT IS 100% accurate.

Analyzer is the US spelling, if you check the UK spelling of the word its Analyser.

LOWESS is correct as already pointed out, thanks for that in my defence.

Now back to the original question.

I was hoping a kind member of this community with language skills I clearly dont posses may help with the translation in exchange for a product key.

Can someone help with the language files?

I have been using Google Translator but have no idea if the results are correct.

If someone would like to help with the English too that would be appreciated Embarassed.

The above was spell checked in word and pasted in.

One more thing,

For those who don't get the british sarcasm the square root of 2 is an irrational number hence impossible in whole.

It has been said every software has a bug in it, it has also been said that every program can be reduced by one line of code.

Tx
                          United States
                          Member #4570
                          May 4, 2004
                          5180 Posts
                          Posted: March 13, 2011, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

Well, what can I say..... offended comes to mind

Would you laugh at someone with down's, or someone in a wheelchair, dyslexia is a disability I have to live with, I don't need it rubbed n my face. I was brought up on a farm and my fathers attitude toward school was a complete waste of time when I could be doing somthing productive like milking the cows. For what it’s worth I now have a degree in mathematics from Oxford and Cambridge, with a very high pass rate I may add, just because I struggle with English does not mean I can't find the square root of 2. For my day job I work coding electrical safety test systems in the defence, aerospace & space sectors. My piers have no issues with my spelling because I am very very good at what I do, peoples lifes may well depend on the accurecy of the test results from the software I write.

As for the math side of things please, LSA is a toy compaired to what I do from day to day at work, IT IS 100% accurate.

Analyzer is the US spelling, if you check the UK spelling of the word its Analyser.

LOWESS is correct as already pointed out, thanks for that in my defence.

Now back to the original question.

I was hoping a kind member of this community with language skills I clearly dont posses may help with the translation in exchange for a product key.

Can someone help with the language files?

I have been using Google Translator but have no idea if the results are correct.

If someone would like to help with the English too that would be appreciated Embarassed.

The above was spell checked in word and pasted in.

One more thing,

For those who don't get the british sarcasm the square root of 2 is an irrational number hence impossible in whole.

Developer

Since I have some free time on the weekends I can help you both, with the English and the Spanish versions, just post the text or document file somewhere for download and I can download it or P.M. me and tell me where I can get it from and or post a link to it, then as I can, I will work on it, it will have to be done with an online automatic machine translator for the Spanish version and then I will fix by hand any mistakes that I see on the translated text.

If there are any problems with the translation due to Math or other technical terms, I will let you know.

Fernando

Somerset
                            United Kingdom
                            Member #9710
                            December 17, 2004
                            184 Posts
                            Posted: March 13, 2011, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Fernando, thats very much appriiciated.

I will send you two text files both contain line numbers.

The English will have the lines like

1=Hello

2=Fernando

etc

The Spanish version is simply a duplicate but in Spanish.

I will PM you the details shortly.

Thanks

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
                              Denver, Co
                              United States
                              Member #103046
                              December 29, 2010
                              546 Posts
                              Posted: March 13, 2011, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

Developer, do you want it translated into Mandarin? My wife is Chinese, and at the very least she is willing to take a look at what you need translated. She is working and going to college and is quite limited on time, so it depends on how much needs to be done.

However if you want to send what you need translated and how much time she's got to do it, she can take a look at it and we can let you know if she'll be able to do it or not.