Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Member: Can someone help me with a Lottery Wheel query?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 6 years ago by KennyNo1.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United Kingdom
Member #104940
January 22, 2011
5 Posts
Posted: March 18, 2011, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

Hi there, I've just recently joined Lottery Post and was hoping someone could help me regarding Lottery Wheels as
I've never tried them before. I live in the UK and want to wheel a 5/39 game and came across a website that will
allow me to wheel numbers.  Problem is, I'm getting a bit confused as there are umpteen choices to pick from and I'm unsure
if I need to pick a low or high amount of numbers to wheel. 

I was looking at one that would allow me to pick 24 numbers with 21 lines and I was thinking of doing 5 sets of these which
would give me 105 lines/120 numbers in total.  On the other hand another wheel allows me to pick 20 numbers with 119 lines,
is that a better option?  Or can someone advise me of the best amount of numbers to use?  My budget is about £300.

Thanks and any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Kenny.

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7314 Posts
    Posted: March 18, 2011, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

Hi there, I've just recently joined Lottery Post and was hoping someone could help me regarding Lottery Wheels as
    I've never tried them before. I live in the UK and want to wheel a 5/39 game and came across a website that will
    allow me to wheel numbers.  Problem is, I'm getting a bit confused as there are umpteen choices to pick from and I'm unsure

I was looking at one that would allow me to pick 24 numbers with 21 lines and I was thinking of doing 5 sets of these which
    would give me 105 lines/120 numbers in total.  On the other hand another wheel allows me to pick 20 numbers with 119 lines,
    is that a better option?  Or can someone advise me of the best amount of numbers to use?  My budget is about £300.

Cheers, Kenny.

A 3 if 4 of 22 numbers wheel has 100 combos and probably a better play than using the same set of 24 numbers in 5 wheels.

"On the other hand another wheel allows me to pick 20 numbers with 119 lines,
    is that a better option?"

It depends on the wheel's guarantee, but it's probably 3 if 4 because a 4 if 5 guarantee 20 number wheel has 433 combos. The problem with playing 100 or 119 lines is the win guarantee because matching 3 numbers on just one or two lines is still going to result in about a 75% loss. Using 20 numbers in a 3 if 4 wheel, you'll need to match all five numbers and hope you catch four to show a small profit.

For a better numbers distribution (if you're going to wager $100), the 2 if 2 of 39 numbers in LP's pick-5 wheels might be the answer. The wheel has 25 combos and uses 1 number 7 times, 6 numbers 4 times, 6 numbers 3 times and the other 26 numbers 2 times. You could run it 4 times using 4 key numbers and another 24 numbers where they will appear 4 times and get a much better chance of matching 4 numbers on the same line. Regardless of what 5 numbers are drawn, at the very minimum, you'll have each number 8 times.

Good luck and welcome to LP!

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
      Whiskey Island
      United States
      Member #90216
      April 24, 2010
      12752 Posts
      Posted: March 18, 2011, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

What UK game are you playing ?  Most of he games have bonus balls..

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49784 Posts
        Posted: March 19, 2011, 11:15 am - IP Logged

Cheers, Kenny.

Wheels are not Magic: they don't take Losing Numbers and turn them into Winning Combinations!

If you can't eliminate 20 Numbers that won't be Drawn: Retain the Group of Numbers that contains the Numbers that will be Drawn on a consistant basis: Then Wheeling won't Help You!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
          Denver, Co
          United States
          Member #103046
          December 29, 2010
          546 Posts
          Posted: March 19, 2011, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

What Raven62 said. Wheels are only as good as the numbers that are drawn. You can do a full wheel that would give you every single combination of 20 numbers (thousands of combinations) and still lose all your money if only 1 or 2 of your numbers are drawn.

So how strongly do you feel about your numbers? If I think I've got a set of 15 to 20 numbers that have a good chance of being drawn, then I am going to wheel those numbers in as many combinations as I can to maximize my chance of winning money with those numbers.

If I don't know what numbers are going to draw, then I would want a wheel that might allow me to wheel 25 or 30  or so random numbers in as many combinations as possible for my money. 

But neither of those guarantee that the numbers will be drawn in the combinations that I wheeled.

United Kingdom
            Member #104940
            January 22, 2011
            5 Posts
            Posted: March 19, 2011, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the replies.
            Firstly, the numbers/lines I gave were just an example I got from the Pick34 website and I wanted to post a question
            here as I found the number of combinations to pick from quite confusing, especially when numbers are not my
            strongest point!!:-)

Anyway, over here we have a game called Thunderball which is a 5/39 with a bonus ball, 1 - 14 numbers, and I want
            to use a wheel for this game.  3 nos pay £10, 4 pays 250, 5 pays 5K and 5 plus bonus 500K.  I know I'm not going to have
            huge wins every time (or any) but the odd 5 would be nice now and again!  Not sure what to do with the bonus ball though.

When I gave the example of the 24 numbers and 21 lines my plan was to maybe do 5 'different' sets of 24 numbers which would
            give me 120 numbers/105 lines.  Can you tell me the difference between doing that and LP's 2 if 2 of 39?  Are my chances
            better with LP's?  I'm not sure if I've picked up Raven62/Ameriken right but are 39 numbers too many to wheel?

Cheers, Kenny.

Denver, Co
              United States
              Member #103046
              December 29, 2010
              546 Posts
              Posted: March 19, 2011, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

I'm fairly new at this myself and kinda went through the same questions about wheeling. Right now, by just wheeling a bunch of numbers, you are shooting a shotgun into the wind hoping a bird might fly by and get caught by a pellet. 

What I did before I dumped too much money on games is bought Gail Howards "Lottery Master Guide". She explains how to wheel, as well as how to pick numbers and how to get rid of numbers. I think she recommends wheeling no more than half the pool plus 4 or 5. You can do your plan of wheeling 5 different sets of 24 different numbers (I kinda like that idea), and maybe you''ll get lucky, but personally I'd rather get an idea what numbers have a chance of coming up and what numbers don't have a chance. By learning some basics strategies and tactics, you'll be giving your luck a better chance.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                Member #47420
                November 4, 2006
                3930 Posts
                Posted: March 20, 2011, 9:43 am - IP Logged

Cheers, Kenny.

Get a dartboard paste some numbers on the dartboard throw a dart at the numbers and play them numbers..The more you study and the more you play you will lose more..Like the lottery people have said buy a few LUCKY numbers and hope for the best..GOOD LUCK..PS...You ever see the odds in winning the lottery? worst odds i n any form of gambling..

Pure luck

United Kingdom
                  Member #104940
                  January 22, 2011
                  5 Posts
                  Posted: March 21, 2011, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

Ameriken - I'm not quite sure how you can get an idea what numbers will/won't come out when any number/s can come out!?  Yes I know the
                  same number/s can come out now and again each week but surely that's only because it's a small amount of numbers being drawn i.e. it's not
                  thousands.  If I was to do 5x24 (or similar) I'm sure I could capture those numbers each week....I think!:-)

Tiggs95 - Thanks for the advice but I'm confused by your post.  Yes, I know winning a lottery is difficult due to the odds but surely participating is
                  just a bit of fun and the chance to win big?  You don't have to spend a fortune or just spend what you can afford if you want to play more.  But I'm
                  sure you knew that anyway!lol.  The reason I'm confused is that I could understand if that was your first post and you wanted to warn me about
                  playing a lottery i.e. it's pointless but you've had over 3000 posts on a Lottery Website!  Bizarre!  Amusing but bizarre!

Anyway, must dash as the Euromillions this Friday has a £117,000,000 (117 million - can't be bothered typing all that out) jackpot!  Need to find a
                  good wheel or I'll just buy a few Lucky Dips!lol.

Cheers, Kenny.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                    Member #47420
                    November 4, 2006
                    3930 Posts
                    Posted: March 21, 2011, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

Ameriken - I'm not quite sure how you can get an idea what numbers will/won't come out when any number/s can come out!?  Yes I know the
                    same number/s can come out now and again each week but surely that's only because it's a small amount of numbers being drawn i.e. it's not
                    thousands.  If I was to do 5x24 (or similar) I'm sure I could capture those numbers each week....I think!:-)

Tiggs95 - Thanks for the advice but I'm confused by your post.  Yes, I know winning a lottery is difficult due to the odds but surely participating is
                    just a bit of fun and the chance to win big?  You don't have to spend a fortune or just spend what you can afford if you want to play more.  But I'm
                    sure you knew that anyway!lol.  The reason I'm confused is that I could understand if that was your first post and you wanted to warn me about
                    playing a lottery i.e. it's pointless but you've had over 3000 posts on a Lottery Website!  Bizarre!  Amusing but bizarre!

Anyway, must dash as the Euromillions this Friday has a £117,000,000 (117 million - can't be bothered typing all that out) jackpot!  Need to find a

Cheers, Kenny.

Yes tiggs has over 3000 post on here cause tiggs does not have a life..tiggs is at the tail end of his life and going fast,not fast enough for some people tho..This will be the last post by tiggs on this subject as it may get him in deep do do if he continues on.."Good Luck" and cheers..PS..Most big winners are people who buy a ticket at the last second or on a whim do no kind of study..

Pure luck

Raven62's avatar - binary
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #17843
                      June 28, 2005
                      49784 Posts
                      Posted: March 22, 2011, 10:50 am - IP Logged

Yes tiggs has over 3000 post on here cause tiggs does not have a life..tiggs is at the tail end of his life and going fast,not fast enough for some people tho..This will be the last post by tiggs on this subject as it may get him in deep do do if he continues on.."Good Luck" and cheers..PS..Most big winners are people who buy a ticket at the last second or on a whim do no kind of study..

One may be closer to the Grave than the Cradle: However, their is no substitute for Life's Experiences and the Wisdom derived from those Experiences.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United Kingdom
                        Member #104940
                        January 22, 2011
                        5 Posts
                        Posted: March 22, 2011, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

Tiggs, not sure what you could say to be in "deep do do" but anyway, good luck in the 'afterlife' as you'll be there before me!

Mind you, if I was to win the Euromillions Jackpot this week, I might be there before you!LOLOL.

Cheers, Kenny.

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7314 Posts
                          Posted: March 22, 2011, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

Get a dartboard paste some numbers on the dartboard throw a dart at the numbers and play them numbers..The more you study and the more you play you will lose more..Like the lottery people have said buy a few LUCKY numbers and hope for the best..GOOD LUCK..PS...You ever see the odds in winning the lottery? worst odds i n any form of gambling..

"You ever see the odds in winning the lottery? worst odds i n any form of gambling.."

Actually Russian  Roulette has the worst odds; especially when you bet on yourself.

Denver, Co
                            United States
                            Member #103046
                            December 29, 2010
                            546 Posts
                            Posted: March 23, 2011, 11:17 pm - IP Logged

Cheers, Kenny.

"Ameriken - I'm not quite sure how you can get an idea what numbers will/won't come out when any number/s can come out!?"

That's why I suggested her book. She explains how and why.

Nevertheless, good luck.

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                              Beautiful Florida
                              United States
                              Member #5709
                              July 18, 2004
                              20119 Posts
                              Posted: March 23, 2011, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

Not to worry KennyNo1,

They only let old Tiggs out on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays to spread his gospel of Pure Luck. You got to overlook him sometimes because he has a tendency to get carried away with himself....

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "