Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

False virus alerts for Avast users

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 6 years ago by inittowin.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
konane's avatar - wallace
Atlanta, GA
United States
Member #1265
March 13, 2003
3333 Posts
Posted: March 23, 2011, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

Will this Security Essentials work with FIREFOX 4?

Have both Security Essentials, Firefox 4 OS Vista ..... working just fine for me.  Big Grin

Good luck to everyone!

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
    Ohio
    United States
    Member #49980
    February 21, 2007
    34149 Posts
    Posted: March 24, 2011, 8:51 am - IP Logged

Good advice Todd. I have microsoft security esseniials installed on my computer and it does a great job of keeping the pop ups away. I had gamevance embedded in my computer and it got rid of it

norton didn't even come close to getting rid of it. The best part about it is it's free.

I do too thanks Todd!

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

United States
      Member #75358
      June 1, 2009
      5345 Posts
      Posted: March 24, 2011, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

I just received an email telling me I have a UPS package arriving in 7 days and the tracking can be seen in the attachment. Since I'm not aware of any packages being sent to me, I was hesitant to open it. The automatic scanner in Yahoo mail didn't find anything, so i tried opening the file, and Microsoft Essentials immediately popped up in the right hand corner of my screen and detected a virus, which was quickly deleted.

I love this thing...lol?

inittowin's avatar - 039ee315cfea4c12c8f5
        If you don't like it, spit it out!
        United States
        Member #4756
        May 23, 2004
        3433 Posts
        Posted: March 29, 2011, 7:34 am - IP Logged

I just received an email telling me I have a UPS package arriving in 7 days and the tracking can be seen in the attachment. Since I'm not aware of any packages being sent to me, I was hesitant to open it. The automatic scanner in Yahoo mail didn't find anything, so i tried opening the file, and Microsoft Essentials immediately popped up in the right hand corner of my screen and detected a virus, which was quickly deleted.

I love this thing...lol?

It sounds like this is the first time that you have had an anti virus that actually worked...Excited?