Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lucky Stores?

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 6 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Do you believe in Lucky Stores?

Yes [ 22 ]  [46.81%]
No [ 25 ]  [53.19%]
Total Valid Votes [ 47 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
dk1421's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
North Carolina
United States
Member #64582
September 1, 2008
347 Posts
Posted: March 29, 2011, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

I have heard that in Florida, Publix Stores sell a lot of big winners and I have to admit I always go there for some when I'm down there.

I haven't gotten a big winner there yet but I did get a really good pie there a couple of times.

So that was nice.

You can't get a decent pie around me.

They give hillbillies all the crap.

Mmmmmmm.....pie....

"Don't be a schmuck, always take the cash." -Coin Toss

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: March 30, 2011, 10:50 am - IP Logged

I have heard that in Florida, Publix Stores sell a lot of big winners and I have to admit I always go there for some when I'm down there.

I haven't gotten a big winner there yet but I did get a really good pie there a couple of times.

So that was nice.

You can't get a decent pie around me.

They give hillbillies all the crap.

Take the crap and be happy..What yah expect at your age...gold?..

Pure luck

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: March 30, 2011, 11:00 am - IP Logged

Take the crap and be happy..What yah expect at your age...gold?..

I know, when you were my age all ya got was crap and you were dam glad to get it, right?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
        Member #47420
        November 4, 2006
        3930 Posts
        Posted: March 30, 2011, 11:07 am - IP Logged

I know, when you were my age all ya got was crap and you were dam glad to get it, right?

tiggs can deal with crap or whatever comes down the pike..hillbilly...Send tiggs your system on how to win so we can all go see jrosina in tyhe big city..hahahaha..Not the losing system but the winning system..hahahaha..God tiggs is on a roll..Sugar is a tad low so be careful..

Pure luck

Baton Rouge, LA
          United States
          Member #4602
          May 7, 2004
          699 Posts
          Posted: April 5, 2011, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

I don't believe in lucky stores, but I do try to buy from different stores from time to time.  In the current Millionaire Raffle game, I've bought tickets from 6 different stores.  Hopefully spreading the money around might bring me a little luck.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Milwaukee, WI
            United States
            Member #3131
            December 27, 2003
            665 Posts
            Posted: April 6, 2011, 12:06 am - IP Logged

I believe in lucky machines. Some machines just seem to put out strange numbers.

But lately the Wisconsin RNG seem to be putting out strange numbers too.....

United States
              Member #105312
              January 29, 2011
              435 Posts
              Posted: April 6, 2011, 8:36 am - IP Logged

There's a store in a small town in rural Texas where a lady ex-math professor who's won three jackpot prizes amounting to several million dollars always bought her tickets.  After she moved to Nevada she attempted to persuade the store owner to send her tickets by mail, but found it isn't allowed.

Her jackpot wins were partially scratcher games and at least one draw game.  I doubt her motives for wanting to continue buying tickets there were founded on the premise it was a 'lucky store', but she's never been quoted to have said otherwise.

I don't know whether there are 'lucky stores' but I lean to the suspicion that the RNGs at some locations are prone to produce QPs that become jackpot winners more frequently than others.  The luck involved, in my opinion, has more to do with whether a player is there to buy a ticket at the moment the store RNG capable of cranking out a winning ticket, or whether anyone at all is buying a ticket at that moment.

As for the lady math PHD, it's up for grabs as to whether she's lucky, the store is lucky, or her wins are more attributable to shrewd play than to luck.

gonnawinwatchme's avatar - images
                Wisconsin
                United States
                Member #58835
                February 27, 2008
                148 Posts
                Posted: April 6, 2011, 11:42 am - IP Logged

And then there's the "Miracle Mile" in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin.

Have you heard about the "Miracle Mile"? The Miracle Mile is a small stretch on Main Street in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, USA that sells a disproportionate amount of winning lotto tickets. The luckiest store on Main Street in Fond du Lac is Ma & Pa's Convenience store. That store is the luckiest store in the country; it has sold more winning tickets than any other store, with the biggest being a $208.6 million Powerball win that was won by a group of employees at Sargento cheese plant in August of 2006.

http://lotterywinnerbios.blogspot.com/2010/03/latest-miracle-mile-lottery-winner-ma.html

Just do a search for Fond du Lac and lottery and see what you find.

Lep

I live in Wisconsin (about 100 miles away from this stretch of road) and I've never been there.  Everytime the lotto gets high, I ask my husband to take me there, but it's a pain in the rear to go with the kids. 

SOMEDAY, I'd love to go there and get a ticket...just to see.  :)

myeyes2020's avatar - phant
                  toledo, ohio
                  United States
                  Member #108829
                  March 31, 2011
                  63 Posts
                  Posted: April 6, 2011, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

i drive past 7 lottery spots and home to play my numbers midday, it's not busy and i like the fact that all women work the store. i've hit often there also.  this morning there's a guy there i ask about the regular cashier was she sick  he say no we moved her to another store i  asked was she comming back  soon he say no, sure enough i  get home check my numbers and my 2025 i asked to be boxed  he played straight. let me check  my numbers for midday maybe it fell 2025

dk1421's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                    North Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #64582
                    September 1, 2008
                    347 Posts
                    Posted: April 6, 2011, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

I just read about a county in NC where 3 big scratch-off tickets were won. It was within a short time period AND they were big winners.

Hmmm...

"Don't be a schmuck, always take the cash." -Coin Toss

Milwaukee, WI
                      United States
                      Member #3131
                      December 27, 2003
                      665 Posts
                      Posted: April 7, 2011, 9:05 am - IP Logged

I live in Wisconsin (about 100 miles away from this stretch of road) and I've never been there.  Everytime the lotto gets high, I ask my husband to take me there, but it's a pain in the rear to go with the kids. 

SOMEDAY, I'd love to go there and get a ticket...just to see.  :)

I often have gone that way just to get out. Makes a nice day trip. And then we often stop at the Ripin' Good cookie store about 20 miles west of there.

You wouldn't want to go there just to go there, but it makes a good excuse to get out.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: April 7, 2011, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

Any stores that beat the odds against the number of winning tickets likely to be sold by any given store would naturally be considered lucky.

That's just a word we use to define that kind of thing.

Those stores in Fond Du Lac Wisconsin are called lucky for that reason. They've sold more jackpots then should be expected in that one area.

So can you expect to be more likely to win a jackpot by buying tickets in one of those stores?

Yes - if you're lucky.

--Edmund Burke

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                          Mcminnville, Oregon
                          United States
                          Member #3013
                          December 13, 2003
                          3052 Posts
                          Posted: April 7, 2011, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

I like to believe in loyalty to one store so I go to amity market and liquor store in amity, oregon for my lottery and sodas and junk food.-weshar75

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: April 7, 2011, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

I like to believe in loyalty to one store so I go to amity market and liquor store in amity, oregon for my lottery and sodas and junk food.-weshar75

I'm loyal to my liquor store too.

But they can't sell lottery.

The Baptist Mafia thinks that would open the portals to Hell.

--Edmund Burke