Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 9:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery spite !!?

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Emerson75.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Bankhole's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
Winneramadong
Canada
Member #108537
March 26, 2011
12 Posts
Posted: March 26, 2011, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

How many of you beautiful people on here have the sweet desire to win the lottery/huge jackpot out of spite, or for spiteful reasons. I KNOW I DO!!  I mean, of course we all want to win for the financial freedoms, helping others and for the great vacations we can take, etc. But underneath all of that, who else besides me has a burning desire to win for spite? Just to be clear, I dont mean malicious or to do harm to others. I simply mean in the 'spirit' of spite. You know, as a form of revenge against the people, phony friends/family that have wronged you throughout your life or continue to wrong you. I KNOW I DO! Some say success is the best revenge, and a jackpot win can be considered a form of success. Kind of like a "look at me now!" kinda thing. I salivate at the mouth just thinking about it!  Like a hungry cayote.   Hey, I'm just trying to be honest here, theres no point in sugar coating it. Its what I feel deep inside my loins. Can you feel it? Can you FEEEEEEEL IT?  I tell you, it will be borderline orgasmic when I win the big one. I know it. I can't wait.

So with that being said, how many of you feel these very same sentiments? How many of you have this burning desire within?

please do tell, dont hold back.......

"When I win a huge jackpot, everyone on this board gets a FREE happy meal, with an extra apple pie!   E=MCeveryone!"

"$50,000,000.00 ...thats a lot of 0's!"

-Albert Einstein IIV

"Show me the MONEY! show me theeee MOOONEEEEY!"

-Ghandi's cousin

"It is better to profit, prosper and be happy, than to be broke, hungry and miserable"

-Confucius uncle's grandson

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

NoShame's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #104853
    January 21, 2011
    159 Posts
    Posted: March 26, 2011, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

Um...sometimes...

I feel that many poor people are wrongfully spiteful toward the rich due to the fact that they're rich.  It's an attitude I see almost everywhere though I know it doesn't apply to everyone.    And sometimes I do want to get rich just to spite the poor who constantly spite.

More importantly though, I just want to win because I have emotional and social disabilities and can't get hired anywhere or have any talent.  I don't qualify for disability benefits.  Winning the lottery feels like my only means of financially supporting myself in a way where I could live my life normally except I never have to deal with finding work that I know I can never find (or never last in).

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
      Member #52345
      May 21, 2007
      2659 Posts
      Posted: March 26, 2011, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

no comment .... but I agree with NoShame Twitch

Winneramadong
        Canada
        Member #108537
        March 26, 2011
        12 Posts
        Posted: March 26, 2011, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

Well, if i win the $50million jackpot this coming Friday, or in the next while, I will throw a year long 'Spite Party' and whoever feels this same way is surely invited. We'll act like rich rappers and everything! #NEWMONEY

p.s.  and yes Jesus loves me

"When I win a huge jackpot, everyone on this board gets a FREE happy meal, with an extra apple pie!   E=MCeveryone!"

-Albert Einstein IIV

-Ghandi's cousin

"It is better to profit, prosper and be happy, than to be broke, hungry and miserable"

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #99032
          October 18, 2010
          1439 Posts
          Posted: March 27, 2011, 12:36 am - IP Logged

YES!!!!  Just so I could laugh at everyone who talks trash about me playing a few lotto tickets a week.  That's what you meant... right?

Winneramadong
            Canada
            Member #108537
            March 26, 2011
            12 Posts
            Posted: March 27, 2011, 2:28 am - IP Logged

YES!!!!  Just so I could laugh at everyone who talks trash about me playing a few lotto tickets a week.  That's what you meant... right?

YES! it is what I mean. Thats the spirit!! you just won yourself a golden ticket to the all inclusive year long 'Spite Party' where we gloat in victory. We'll get ours, and they will get...nothing! HAHAHA

-Albert Einstein IIV

-Ghandi's cousin

mayhem's avatar - 142g5yd
              Fort Worth, TX
              United States
              Member #106060
              February 11, 2011
              188 Posts
              Posted: March 27, 2011, 2:43 am - IP Logged

Poke

What the hell? Maybe spite is a useful motivator for you to keep playing, but I would bet most lottery players instantly loose the need for a spite party, or end up in a trailer park owing a lot of taxes....

How you do anything is how you do everything.

mayhem's avatar - 142g5yd
                Fort Worth, TX
                United States
                Member #106060
                February 11, 2011
                188 Posts
                Posted: March 27, 2011, 2:48 am - IP Logged

Um...sometimes...

I feel that many poor people are wrongfully spiteful toward the rich due to the fact that they're rich.  It's an attitude I see almost everywhere though I know it doesn't apply to everyone.    And sometimes I do want to get rich just to spite the poor who constantly spite.

More importantly though, I just want to win because I have emotional and social disabilities and can't get hired anywhere or have any talent.  I don't qualify for disability benefits.  Winning the lottery feels like my only means of financially supporting myself in a way where I could live my life normally except I never have to deal with finding work that I know I can never find (or never last in).

Start a business. :p

The problem is never in setting your goals too high and failing, but in setting them too low and succeeding....

How you do anything is how you do everything.

Winneramadong
                  Canada
                  Member #108537
                  March 26, 2011
                  12 Posts
                  Posted: March 27, 2011, 3:19 am - IP Logged

Poke

What the hell? Maybe spite is a useful motivator for you to keep playing, but I would bet most lottery players instantly loose the need for a spite party, or end up in a trailer park owing a lot of taxes....

Its merely a metaphor. We dont need to actually spend all of our winnings to gloat and bask in the sweet smell of victory. Its a year long celebration. its all in the 'spirit' of spite. Its a daily attitude if you will. Besides, its only a year, a lot less than the bull-ish that i've had to hear and endure. I mean, is being greatful for the jackpot enough? why cant we have a little fun with our win Trump style?

-Albert Einstein IIV

-Ghandi's cousin

Raven62's avatar - binary
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #17843
                    June 28, 2005
                    49767 Posts
                    Posted: March 27, 2011, 10:48 am - IP Logged

How many of you beautiful people on here have the sweet desire to win the lottery/huge jackpot out of spite, or for spiteful reasons. I KNOW I DO!!  I mean, of course we all want to win for the financial freedoms, helping others and for the great vacations we can take, etc. But underneath all of that, who else besides me has a burning desire to win for spite? Just to be clear, I dont mean malicious or to do harm to others. I simply mean in the 'spirit' of spite. You know, as a form of revenge against the people, phony friends/family that have wronged you throughout your life or continue to wrong you. I KNOW I DO! Some say success is the best revenge, and a jackpot win can be considered a form of success. Kind of like a "look at me now!" kinda thing. I salivate at the mouth just thinking about it!  Like a hungry cayote.   Hey, I'm just trying to be honest here, theres no point in sugar coating it. Its what I feel deep inside my loins. Can you feel it? Can you FEEEEEEEL IT?  I tell you, it will be borderline orgasmic when I win the big one. I know it. I can't wait.

So with that being said, how many of you feel these very same sentiments? How many of you have this burning desire within?

When you play for all the wrong reasons: You never Win:

Spite: Malicious bitterness or hatred: Grudge

Grudge: Strong feeling of ill will, anger or resentment: To resent the self-appointed good intentions of (another)

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
                      The Ville, FL
                      United States
                      Member #95879
                      August 19, 2010
                      1708 Posts
                      Posted: March 27, 2011, 11:36 am - IP Logged

These comments are funny.

To answer your question though, NO I dont want to win because of spite. In fact I would not tell anyone when I win a huge jackpot. I'm optomistic that it will happen ($1 Mill + jackpot) but I'd keep my mouth shut. I wont tell anyone simply because of the issues that will arise from telling the wrong person.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: March 27, 2011, 11:52 am - IP Logged

I'm figuring you to be a relatively young person.

I may have had the same thoughts and feelings as the ones you express here and now at one time but the passing of time changes all that.

When memories loom large later in life, it's the acts of kindness and compassion that you hold dear. The others become regrets you'd sooner forget.

At least that's been my experience.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19828 Posts
                          Posted: March 27, 2011, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

You can only have spite for the people you know.  If you don't like them, let them know and they will stop hanging around you.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

rukiafae's avatar - box
                            NC
                            United States
                            Member #100192
                            November 7, 2010
                            125 Posts
                            Posted: March 27, 2011, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

Not at all.

The primary reason I want to win is so I can care for my grandparents, and provide my children with a good education.

Now, theres lots of selfish reasons I would like to win - I want a big ol house (not to be confused with big OLD house LOL), hubby has a lineup of dream cars he wants, I'd love to be able to shop and not consider the price... but the MAIN reason is to care for my loved ones.

Winneramadong
                              Canada
                              Member #108537
                              March 26, 2011
                              12 Posts
                              Posted: March 28, 2011, 1:56 am - IP Logged

I'm figuring you to be a relatively young person.

I may have had the same thoughts and feelings as the ones you express here and now at one time but the passing of time changes all that.

When memories loom large later in life, it's the acts of kindness and compassion that you hold dear. The others become regrets you'd sooner forget.

At least that's been my experience.

I'm actually old, really old, really really old, like father time old. I don't even use the word 'pants', I say 'trousers!'. I don't call it a 'nightclub', I call it a 'disco'. "Hey, put on your trousers and lets go to the disco to boogie-woogie!" ...do you see my point. Besides, havent you ever met or seen an old 'spiteful spirited' person play the lotto or bingo before?

-Albert Einstein IIV

-Ghandi's cousin