Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery spite !!?

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Emerson75.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
mayhem's avatar - 142g5yd
Fort Worth, TX
United States
Member #106060
February 11, 2011
188 Posts
Posted: March 28, 2011, 2:17 am - IP Logged

To be fair, rdgrnr said "relatively young". Rdgrnr is 113 so you are in fact "relatively young".

How you do anything is how you do everything.

Bankhole's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Winneramadong
    Canada
    Member #108537
    March 26, 2011
    12 Posts
    Posted: March 28, 2011, 2:24 am - IP Logged

When you play for all the wrong reasons: You never Win:

Spite: Malicious bitterness or hatred: Grudge

Grudge: Strong feeling of ill will, anger or resentment: To resent the self-appointed good intentions of (another)

Your missing the whole point of the original post. Your just looking at the word/definition at face value. Go a little deeper. Precisely why I said 'spirited'. Its not actual spite, more like spites long lost distant brother,sister or child. I clearly said not in a malicious or hatred manner. Its more like gloating, or staying in an elated euphiric hotel and not letting some 'others' in to enjoy the sweet aroma of victory and success. I also clearly stated that i would 'love' to win to help people and take wonderful vacations to experience the beautiful world, etc. So I am winning for all the right reasons, ..theres just a little extra special seasoning added to the dish. What is wrong with that?

And how would you know anyway that you "never win" for such reasons? From my understanding, the lottery doesn't descriminate. From watching lottery shows to plain old youtube, I have seen everyone from drug addicts, foolish, greedy, spiteful, to virtuous ,genourous, loving, intelligent people win, all walks of life. What happened later on down the line is neither here nor there, ..they all still Won, and Won big!.

"When I win a huge jackpot, everyone on this board gets a FREE happy meal, with an extra apple pie!   E=MCeveryone!"

"$50,000,000.00 ...thats a lot of 0's!"

-Albert Einstein IIV

"Show me the MONEY! show me theeee MOOONEEEEY!"

-Ghandi's cousin

"It is better to profit, prosper and be happy, than to be broke, hungry and miserable"

-Confucius uncle's grandson

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
      Texas
      United States
      Member #92330
      June 5, 2010
      887 Posts
      Posted: March 28, 2011, 4:24 am - IP Logged

I play in hopes of never having financial issues again, begin able to live knowing I never have to work again and be able to afford things I wouldn't otherwise.

I've thought about how differently other people would act towards me if I had won millions, but I'll be collecting through a trust so none of them will ever know I have that much money. I actually don't want people to know that I've won. Yes my vehicle and home will change income levels but that can be explained as "a risky investment payed off", so I'm sure I'll still get to see some people change their views of me, but really I don't care.

I'll still have the same groups of friends I've had and will still brush those people off who think they're too good for me.

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        51218 Posts
        Posted: March 28, 2011, 11:12 am - IP Logged

Your missing the whole point of the original post. Your just looking at the word/definition at face value. Go a little deeper. Precisely why I said 'spirited'. Its not actual spite, more like spites long lost distant brother,sister or child. I clearly said not in a malicious or hatred manner. Its more like gloating, or staying in an elated euphiric hotel and not letting some 'others' in to enjoy the sweet aroma of victory and success. I also clearly stated that i would 'love' to win to help people and take wonderful vacations to experience the beautiful world, etc. So I am winning for all the right reasons, ..theres just a little extra special seasoning added to the dish. What is wrong with that?

And how would you know anyway that you "never win" for such reasons? From my understanding, the lottery doesn't descriminate. From watching lottery shows to plain old youtube, I have seen everyone from drug addicts, foolish, greedy, spiteful, to virtuous ,genourous, loving, intelligent people win, all walks of life. What happened later on down the line is neither here nor there, ..they all still Won, and Won big!.

Revenge: To inflict punishment, injury, or loss in return for; to take or seek vengeance (Where's the Love?)

Love and Hate: two mental states totally different and opposite. Their are degrees of Hate and degrees of Love, and a middle point in which we use the terms: Like or Dislike, which shade into each other so gradually that sometimes we are at a loss to know whether we like or dislike or neither. All are simply degrees of the same thing, as you will see if you will but think a moment.

Epitaph:
        They Goaded Him Until He Won, but in the End He Got Their Goat!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

NASHVILLE, TENN
          United States
          Member #33372
          February 20, 2006
          1044 Posts
          Posted: March 28, 2011, 11:27 am - IP Logged

Until this post I never gave spite a thought.  Now, having taken a few moments to consider, I must admit there is a little spite to be had after winning a large amount of money. 

Spite is not my primary reason for wanting a win.  I, too, have friends and family in need of financial help.  Heck, I have need of financial help.

Yet I would like very much to find my old high school girlfriend and rub her face in my new found wealth.  She said I wouldn't amount to much.  So far, she was right.

Winneramadong
            Canada
            Member #108537
            March 26, 2011
            12 Posts
            Posted: March 31, 2011, 6:10 am - IP Logged

Yea, probably me too. I was joking about the whole 'spite party' stuff. But as far as the question goes, it is valid.

"When I win a huge jackpot, everyone on this board gets a FREE happy meal, with an extra apple pie!   E=MCeveryone!"

-Albert Einstein IIV

-Ghandi's cousin

"It is better to profit, prosper and be happy, than to be broke, hungry and miserable"

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Winneramadong
              Canada
              Member #108537
              March 26, 2011
              12 Posts
              Posted: March 31, 2011, 6:25 am - IP Logged

OMG, if I was a sports franchise owner I would not employ you as the coach. Is that the speech you would give at halftime to your players at the superbowl after getting your rear kicked in the first half?

Besides, your taking the words and definitions way too literally anyway.

If i got let go/fired from a job unfairly(which has happened a couple of times) and I ended up winning the lottery, I would certainly be greatful and thankful for the win, but I would also be glad I got the last laugh out of the situation. This is the point I am trying to make. Just being honest about it. Maybe youve never had such situations so you can't relate, and I understand.

-Albert Einstein IIV

-Ghandi's cousin

Winneramadong
                Canada
                Member #108537
                March 26, 2011
                12 Posts
                Posted: March 31, 2011, 6:33 am - IP Logged

These comments are funny.

To answer your question though, NO I dont want to win because of spite. In fact I would not tell anyone when I win a huge jackpot. I'm optomistic that it will happen ($1 Mill + jackpot) but I'd keep my mouth shut. I wont tell anyone simply because of the issues that will arise from telling the wrong person.

Yes, probably me too. I was just joking with all the 'Spite Party' stuff. But the original question was/is valid.

-Albert Einstein IIV

-Ghandi's cousin

Winneramadong
                  Canada
                  Member #108537
                  March 26, 2011
                  12 Posts
                  Posted: March 31, 2011, 6:46 am - IP Logged

Revenge: To inflict punishment, injury, or loss in return for; to take or seek vengeance (Where's the Love?)

Love and Hate: two mental states totally different and opposite. Their are degrees of Hate and degrees of Love, and a middle point in which we use the terms: Like or Dislike, which shade into each other so gradually that sometimes we are at a loss to know whether we like or dislike or neither. All are simply degrees of the same thing, as you will see if you will but think a moment.

Epitaph:
                  They Goaded Him Until He Won, but in the End He Got Their Goat!

OMG, if i was a sports franchise owner I would not employ you as the coach! Is that the speech that you would give at halftime to your players at the superbowl after getting your rear kicked in the first half?  geeesh!

Besides, your taking the words and definitions way too literally anyway, like a robot.

If I had gotten let go or fired from a job unfairly or unjustly(which has happened a couple of times) and I ended up winning the lottery, i would certainly be greatful and thankful for the win, but I would also be glad I got THE laugh out of the situation. This is the point im trying to make. Just being honest about it. I'm not saying it is right or wrong, nor am I asking to make judgements on other peoples reasons for winning. I was just simply asking out of curiosity, if it is a small underlying part of their motivation.

-Albert Einstein IIV

-Ghandi's cousin

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: March 31, 2011, 8:07 am - IP Logged

I'm actually old, really old, really really old, like father time old. I don't even use the word 'pants', I say 'trousers!'. I don't call it a 'nightclub', I call it a 'disco'. "Hey, put on your trousers and lets go to the disco to boogie-woogie!" ...do you see my point. Besides, havent you ever met or seen an old 'spiteful spirited' person play the lotto or bingo before?

You call that old?

I call couches davenports!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                      Member #47420
                      November 4, 2006
                      3930 Posts
                      Posted: March 31, 2011, 8:33 am - IP Logged

Oh yeah top this..tiggs met Hopalong Cassidy about 1948..

Pure luck

rukiafae's avatar - box
                        NC
                        United States
                        Member #100192
                        November 7, 2010
                        125 Posts
                        Posted: April 1, 2011, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

ok.... after seeing a friend of mine post 50 bazillion pictures of her new (very nice) home, her new (very nice) cars, and the playset they just had installed for their kid (its nice, but ironically ours is nicer)... yeah... i wouldnt mind posting a few pics of my own say... 3 months after my win. that should give me time to get stuff together. LOL

and the kicker - i wouldnt have any debt or loans and she would ;) LOL

but thats just a side benefit, not the desire for me winning my millions ;)

Milwaukee, WI
                          United States
                          Member #3131
                          December 27, 2003
                          665 Posts
                          Posted: April 3, 2011, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

Yes, definately. Nothing anything really mean, but I will for sure be anti-snob.

California
                            United States
                            Member #108414
                            March 25, 2011
                            5 Posts
                            Posted: April 5, 2011, 4:56 am - IP Logged

You probably can't win without having some feelings of glory and spite towards people who treated you poorly. My husband has a lot wealthy clients who have stiffed him for what would be our rent money, simply because they "can". We've struggled many times through near evictions because of their greedy cruelty. They're rich and can afford attorneys, so if he took them to court it's his word against theirs, et al.... I'd love to buy the house next to the worst of them and say "Howdy neighbor!" ...but at the end of the day these disgusting kind of people aren't insightful enough to eat crow, and if we showed up as their neighbor she'd probably sue us for her own spiteful greedy reasons. Since we wouldn't tell anyone the source of our income, they'd assume his business skyrocketed and they'd sue just for their own amusement. 

We aren't flaunty either, so if we won we wouldn't even post pics of our fabulous adventers online. Ya gotta protect your happiness and just smugly know that yer better off than the jerks who have screwed you over. But you already were before you won the money, because you aren't like them : )