Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

group buying

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Empress-N.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #108596
March 27, 2011
3 Posts
Posted: March 27, 2011, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

Hello all,

New here ....

Is it better to buy tickets in groups or as single ? also, would anyone ever go into a service that did that for people ? thanks!

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
    Texas
    United States
    Member #86154
    January 30, 2010
    1649 Posts
    Posted: March 28, 2011, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

Hello all,

New here ....

Is it better to buy tickets in groups or as single ? also, would anyone ever go into a service that did that for people ? thanks!

Hi ripcurl. This is an interesting name you have...in a good way. Personally, I feel it's better to purchase in a group depending on and, for several reasons. First, the people with whom you're interested in dealing with must be trustworthy and like-minded when it comes to this sort of thing, okay. In other words, you can't mind losing as a group just as much as you enjoy winning as one. As long as these guidelines are met, then there is much more benefit and advantage to group purchasing in the financial perspective in both the short and long haul.

It costs a lot less money for say three people to go in on high dollar scratchers than for one person to foot the bill It's easier to recover money spent this way while still having better odds of getting winning tickets in volume. Why? Because it's always the next ticket or so that a person didn't buy which wins...so many stories about this happening to people. I'm one of them. Bought (2) tickets and hit nothing some time ago and quit on that roll. The next guy bought the next (3) and hit for $200!

The thing is that my first mind told me to get a couple more but, I ignored it. So, he made out with what I should've had. I was happy for him, though. Had this been a group buy where we were purchasing 5-10 tickets at a time, that would've been $200 to split between us or just re-invest. These are just my thoughts based on experiences. On the other hand, one person can get the right ticket at just the right time and be a big winner, too.

There is a consistency when purchasing scratchers to where you have to win...it's built in. How much is up to Luck, Timing, Location, and Attitude.  Hope this helps and best of luck!

L.L.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23269 Posts
      Posted: March 29, 2011, 10:20 am - IP Logged

Hello all,

New here ....

I would avoid any site that offers to buy tickets as a "package" for a group, or that offers any type of sharing or pooling.  If the site offers it anywhere, avoid the site.  Rule of thumb.

Why?

First of all, even though they make it appear that you're getting "TICKETS FOR $1!", you are not.  You're getting a tiny slice of a share, and the true cost (and hence your actual share) is hidden from you in most cases. 

However the worst reason for using one of those sites is that it is illegal for a company to make money off of running a pool.  And they wouldn't be running the Web site if they weren't making a profit.

Based on their running a business that violates the law, even if you did win, you would likely never see the tiny slice of a jackpot that you won, because the lottery would most likely prevail in court.

On the other hand, a good, legitimate ticket butler service is a proven entity that has been tested in court, and has come out on the winning side every time.

If you are looking for a ticket butler service, I'd highly recommend going to www.usamega.com and clicking any of the colored jackpot blocks on the right side.

Good luck!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Canada
        Member #68663
        December 27, 2008
        260 Posts
        Posted: March 29, 2011, 10:54 am - IP Logged

Todd, I have never read about a case where a butler service bought a winning jackpot ticket and the lottery paid out. You say this has been tested in court. Please give an example. Thanks.

Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23269 Posts
          Posted: March 29, 2011, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

Todd, I have never read about a case where a butler service bought a winning jackpot ticket and the lottery paid out. You say this has been tested in court. Please give an example. Thanks.

Several years ago I hired an attorney to do some research, and I have a copy of the actual court decision showing a Florida jackpot win using a butler service, and the court's ruling that the lottery had to pay it out.

It was very hard to get a copy of, since it is not a published ruling (a legal term for a court decision that is published in widely-available documentation), so I had to pay an attorney to track it down and get me a copy.  So I don't have intentions to post it on the Web, since I paid some good money for it.

There are some other rulings out there, such as the famous Pick-A-State ruling, but even though they are fairly good rulings for butler services, the services at the time were not set up like they are today, so it's a little bit of an apples-to-oranges comparison.

Canada
            Member #68663
            December 27, 2008
            260 Posts
            Posted: March 29, 2011, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

Still no concrete references. The Pick-A-State ruling must not be all that famous since I found no references to it. The fact these "wins" even go to court make me very suspicious they are legal in all or any state. Given the high cost of using a butler service and the possibility of never getting paid a jackpot make them very risky indeed.

Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23269 Posts
              Posted: March 29, 2011, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

Still no concrete references. The Pick-A-State ruling must not be all that famous since I found no references to it. The fact these "wins" even go to court make me very suspicious they are legal in all or any state. Given the high cost of using a butler service and the possibility of never getting paid a jackpot make them very risky indeed.

I understand you're trying to defend your lottery ticket pooling website, but I speak only in facts and deep experience.  You should not ask the question if you're going to blindly shoot down whatever the response is.

If you did any kind of legal research you would know about the Pick-A-State ruling.  You might want to do some research come to think of it.

I would say the illegality of running a pool online for profit makes it much more of a risk of not getting your jackpot -- or even your tiny slice of it.

Canada
                Member #68663
                December 27, 2008
                260 Posts
                Posted: March 29, 2011, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

I do not run a lotto pool for profit.

Lotto pools are not only perfectly legal but every single lottery jurisdiction in the US and Canada promote lotto pools and give free advice and forms to help people organize lotto pools. A large percentage of lottery jackpots are won by lotto pools.

But I have yet to find one case where a butler service won and paid a jackpot. I have done the research and found nothing.

United States
                  Member #108596
                  March 27, 2011
                  3 Posts
                  Posted: March 30, 2011, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for the response. I see it spawned some debate regarding it which is good! Smile

The service I speak of is where yes you pay into the service for .99 cents a mo.  and you get entered in every lottery draw. The winnings are split evenly amongst participates guaranteed otherwise why would they do this service :) 

Seems a good way to get into every lotto draw imho. Just didn't know if people are interested.

Thanks!

Canada
                    Member #68663
                    December 27, 2008
                    260 Posts
                    Posted: March 30, 2011, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

Most online lotto groups do not look trustworthy. The problem I have with most of them is they do not tell you how many people are in each group. Therefore you cannot tell if the amount you spend as a percentage of the total pot is the same percentage you get paid. If I pay 10% of the pot, I want 10% of the win.

Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23269 Posts
                      Posted: March 31, 2011, 9:00 am - IP Logged

Thank you for the response. I see it spawned some debate regarding it which is good! Smile

The service I speak of is where yes you pay into the service for .99 cents a mo.  and you get entered in every lottery draw. The winnings are split evenly amongst participates guaranteed otherwise why would they do this service :) 

Seems a good way to get into every lotto draw imho. Just didn't know if people are interested.

Thanks!

You are making a mistake to do it -- you have been warned.

I see that these are your only posts at Lottery Post, which makes me a bit suspicious about who you are, and what your intentions are.  Many Web site owners try to post as a "regular person" asking a simple question - and then the discussion eventually turns to their Web site/service.  It's an attempt to get around the "no advertising" rule here, and it is very scammy.

Mario38 does run a pool site, just for the record, so his comments should be understood to be coming from someone who is extremely biased in that respect, and has a reason to actively discredit butler services.

On the other hand, I run no such business.  If I felt lottery pool services were good and legal, why would I not be posting affiliate ads for them here?  I could make some money off of it.

So why don't I do it?  Because it would put Lottery Post members at risk to participate in it, which is something I could not live with.

On the other hand, as I have said (and as Mario38 is trying to ignore), butler services have withstood court challenges, and are a legitimate way to play for many people.

It's not to say that there are not scams out there.  There are many!  That's why I have taken the time to personally evaluate the services, and will only link to services that in my opinion are shown to be legitimate and trustworthy.

United States
                        Member #108596
                        March 27, 2011
                        3 Posts
                        Posted: March 31, 2011, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

Todd - calm down its not to promote anything! I was asking the question to see if I wanted to jump in or not!   how is it risky if everyone gets paid evenly? they wouldn't be in business if they weren't being paid evently. 

Just saying!

Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          23269 Posts
                          Posted: March 31, 2011, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

Todd - calm down its not to promote anything! I was asking the question to see if I wanted to jump in or not!   how is it risky if everyone gets paid evenly? they wouldn't be in business if they weren't being paid evently. 

Just saying!

No, they are in business because they have not won a jackpot.  I'll bet you $100 that you cannot locate one single pool site that has won a jackpot.

Empress-N's avatar - voodoo
                            If That # Looks Good, Play It!!!
                            United States
                            Member #73903
                            April 28, 2009
                            1433 Posts
                            Posted: March 31, 2011, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

No, they are in business because they have not won a jackpot.  I'll bet you $100 that you cannot locate one single pool site that has won a jackpot.

Todd it makes no sense trying to educate and spear them the misery, so just throw that $100 my way because I'm with you on the fact that they would never find and documentation to prove their statements for a pool sites winning a jackpot.

A trusted Butler service is the way to go, but for the stubborn and unwilling to comprehend a hard head always makes room for a bumpy fall.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink.

Unless of course their oats get salted....

$1 Billion

Touch The Money For Luck!!!

"Claim It! Believe It! Receive It!"

I am who I am,   Not because of who I am,   But because the Great I AM,   Made me who I am.

Power Numbers   Where Is The Courtesy ??  Universal Dreams  Empress-N Hot Triads  All States P4 - Triads
                            Lotto Losers Lounge  WV - P3   WV - P4  Harve$t Moon Billionaires Club - Members Only  H$M - Holiday Music TRIADS All States P4  Lottery Bible 

__________________________________________________________________