Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 9:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Universal Dreams

Topic closed. 78 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Harve$t Moon.

Page 1 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
Empress-N's avatar - voodoo
Have At It Then...Go Ahead!!!
United States
Member #73903
April 28, 2009
1433 Posts
Posted: September 21, 2011, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

What Are the Universal Dreams?

We've all had them--those alarming dreams of being chased by something grisly, a loved one getting hurt or dying, driving a car without brakes, not knowing the answers to a test, falling fearfully through the air, appearing naked or half-dressed in public, or racing for the train that has just departed. These and other bad dreams that everyone experiences at some point in their lives are too familiar.

What most of us don't realize is that these very same dreams are universal. They have existed from before the beginning of recorded literature, and will occur tonight in every country of our planet. They cross different cultures and classes. They endure over time.

Despite knowing a great deal about dreams, very few people recognized Gilgamesh's earthquake dream as being 4000 years old! Fewer still identified the dreamer of the lost gloves as living in China.

I propose that there are 12 basic dreams, each of which have positive as well as negative versions. By understanding more about these 12 bad dreams, and their mirror opposites, how these basic themes vary, and what the motifs they contain usually mean, we'll be able to share our knowledge about dreams in a clearer, more specific, theory-free form.

Thanks ~ Patricia Garfield, Ph.D., President of ASD

$1 Billion

Touch The Money For Luck!!!

"Claim It! Believe It! Receive It!"

I am who I am,   Not because of who I am,   But because the Great I AM,   Made me who I am.

Power Numbers   Where Is The Courtesy ??  Universal Dreams  Empress-N Hot Triads  All States P4 - Triads
Lotto Losers Lounge  WV - P3   WV - P4  Harve$t Moon Billionaires Club - Members Only  H$M - Holiday Music TRIADS All States P4  Lottery Bible 

United States
    Member #73903
    April 28, 2009
    1433 Posts
    Posted: September 21, 2011, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

Daily Sleep and Dream Cycle

Circadian Rhythm Chart

Circadian Rhythm:

The Circadian Rhythm is a 24 hour cycle that the human body goes through each day. Within this day and night cycle there is a 6 to 10 hour period in which we sleep. This sleep period includes both deep sleep, and REM sleep.

Circadian Rhythm: 633  891  776  006  700  150  626

5033  7475  6002

$1 Billion

I am who I am,   Not because of who I am,   But because the Great I AM,   Made me who I am.

Power Numbers   Where Is The Courtesy ??  Universal Dreams  Empress-N Hot Triads  All States P4 - Triads
    Lotto Losers Lounge  WV - P3   WV - P4  Harve$t Moon Billionaires Club - Members Only  H$M - Holiday Music TRIADS All States P4  Lottery Bible 

United States
      Member #73903
      April 28, 2009
      1433 Posts
      Posted: September 22, 2011, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

REM Chart

REM Sleep and Dreams:

All mammals dream. The most vivid and memorable dreams take place in REM (Rapid Eye Movement) Sleep. The eye movements correspond with the dreamer looking around and seeing things in the dream. The rest of the body is paralyzed at the brain stem.

The sleep and dream cycle varies between individuals, but the majority of health people show a consistent pattern illustrated by the graphs above.

REM Sleep and Dreams: 333 498 550 500 435 180 210 115

5190 7052 1575

$1 Billion

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: September 22, 2011, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

REM Chart

REM Sleep and Dreams:

All mammals dream. The most vivid and memorable dreams take place in REM (Rapid Eye Movement) Sleep. The eye movements correspond with the dreamer looking around and seeing things in the dream. The rest of the body is paralyzed at the brain stem.

The sleep and dream cycle varies between individuals, but the majority of health people show a consistent pattern illustrated by the graphs above.

REM Sleep and Dreams: 333 498 550 500 435 180 210 115

5190 7052 1575

Interesting stuff Empress, thanks.

I don't know if I'm interpreting the graph correctly though.

Does that show that REM is the lightest stage of sleep and that you go into and out of it all night?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
          Member #73903
          April 28, 2009
          1433 Posts
          Posted: September 22, 2011, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

Interesting stuff Empress, thanks.

I don't know if I'm interpreting the graph correctly though.

Does that show that REM is the lightest stage of sleep and that you go into and out of it all night?

Thanks Rdgrnr,

non-REM is the lighter stage of sleep.

REM sleep consists of about two hours a night while Non-REM sleep lasts about four to six hours.

$1 Billion

United States
            Member #73903
            April 28, 2009
            1433 Posts
            Posted: September 22, 2011, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

The Five Stages of Sleep

As people sleep they go through five different stages. These stages are broken down separately because there are changes in your brain waves. About every 90-100 minutes people pass through all 5 stages.

1) In stage one of the sleep cycle brain waves are referred to as theta waves. They consist of a 4-7 cycle per second rhythm. (Non-REM Sleep)

2) In stage 2 of sleep, the brain generates sleep spindles. Spindles are a 12-14 rhythm that lasts a half of a second. Sleep talking usually occurs during stages 1 and 2 of sleep. Sleep talking is mumbled and usually not understandable. (Non-REM Sleep)

3) Delta waves are produced from the brain in the third stage of sleep. These brain waves become slower when the sleep cycle begins. During this cycle your heart rate, blood pressure, and arousal decline. (Non-REM Sleep)

4) Stage four is very similar to stage 3 because Delta waves continue in the brain. During this stage of sleep most dreams and nightmares occur. (Non-REM Sleep)

5) In stage five your breathing becomes irregular and more rapid. Your heartbeat rises and your eyes dart around in a momentary burst of activity while your eyelids are closed. This is called REM sleep (REM Sleep)

Sleep is divided into REM and non-REM types. Non-REM sleep consists of the lighter stages--stage 1 and stage 2--and a deep form of sleep known as Delta (or slow-wave) sleep, which comprises stages 3 and 4. Most of the first third of the night, non-REM delta sleep predominates. After about an hour and a half in most normal people, the first REM period begins, and this alternates with non-REM sleep throughout the night. Most people have 4-5 REM periods in a given night. It is not known whether REM or delta sleep is deeper, but it generally requires more stimulation to arouse the sleeper from delta sleep.

Sweet Dreams                                    Sweet Dreams2

$1 Billion

United States
              Member #73903
              April 28, 2009
              1433 Posts
              Posted: September 24, 2011, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

Ultradian Rhythm:

Every 90 to 110 minutes, the human body goes through an Ultradian Rhythm. This cycle is most apparent while we sleep because each cycle includes a period of deep sleep, and a period of REM sleep. At the end of each Ultradian Rhythm, there is a short period of wakefulness when the person can adjust their sleep position before falling back into sleep. Each subsequent ultradian rhythm requires less deep sleep, and so the REM period becomes longer.

Ultradian Rhythm: 521  855  894  086  010  942  455

9125  9835  9225  7740  5828  9226  1081

$1 Billion

__________________________________________________________________

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
                LAS VEGAS
                United States
                Member #47729
                November 22, 2006
                4586 Posts
                Posted: September 24, 2011, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

Ultradian Rhythm:

Every 90 to 110 minutes, the human body goes through an Ultradian Rhythm. This cycle is most apparent while we sleep because each cycle includes a period of deep sleep, and a period of REM sleep. At the end of each Ultradian Rhythm, there is a short period of wakefulness when the person can adjust their sleep position before falling back into sleep. Each subsequent ultradian rhythm requires less deep sleep, and so the REM period becomes longer.

Ultradian Rhythm: 521  855  894  086  010  942  455

9125  9835  9225  7740  5828  9226  1081

Thanks Empress for sharing this valuable dream info from the Classical Greek god Morpheus' own secret codex

Most useful.......

Keep up the enlightening work

"So it is above, so it is below" ~Hermes

Weekend Blessings for good vibes, peace & prosperity

EddessaKnight Note 

Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
                  Member #76986
                  July 10, 2009
                  8068 Posts
                  Posted: September 25, 2011, 1:11 am - IP Logged

Very nice topic, Empress-N! Sun Smiley

Here is an unbelievable lottery dream story for an in between post.

~~

Won the lottery twice after a dream

Many successful lottery entrants have said their winning combinations came to them in dreams; that they awoke with five or six numbers dancing in their heads, jotted the combinations down, played them, and won. Sometimes the dreamed-of numbers paid off right away, and sometimes the dreamers played those combinations for years before hitting the jackpot. So, that 86-year-old Mary Wollens of Toronto won the Ontario Lottery on 30 September 2006 after seeing "a lotto ticket and a large cheque" in a dream a couple of days before the drawing wasn't all that unusual — the remarkable part was that her prophetic dream enabled her to win the same lottery twice.

You see, Mary had already purchased a lottery ticket with the combination she later dreamed about, but her vision instilled her with such confidence that she went out and bought a second ticket with those same numbers. Now, some people would consider purchasing a duplicate ticket be a foolish waste of money (because if your numbers lose, you're needlessly out an extra dollar, and even if you hit the big jackpot, you don't necessarily get any extra credit for winning twice), but not Mary — and good thing, too, because she happened onto one of those occasions when having a second ticket paid off big.

As things turned out, someone else had also correctly picked all six numbers for that week's draw, so instead of having to split the $24 million jackpot evenly with another winner, Mary was able to claim a two-thirds share and take home $16 million!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: September 25, 2011, 9:06 am - IP Logged

Thanks Rdgrnr,

non-REM is the lighter stage of sleep.

REM sleep consists of about two hours a night while Non-REM sleep lasts about four to six hours.

Thank you, Empress-N.

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: September 25, 2011, 9:12 am - IP Logged

~~

Many successful lottery entrants have said their winning combinations came to them in dreams; that they awoke with five or six numbers dancing in their heads, jotted the combinations down, played them, and won. Sometimes the dreamed-of numbers paid off right away, and sometimes the dreamers played those combinations for years before hitting the jackpot. So, that 86-year-old Mary Wollens of Toronto won the Ontario Lottery on 30 September 2006 after seeing "a lotto ticket and a large cheque" in a dream a couple of days before the drawing wasn't all that unusual — the remarkable part was that her prophetic dream enabled her to win the same lottery twice.

You see, Mary had already purchased a lottery ticket with the combination she later dreamed about, but her vision instilled her with such confidence that she went out and bought a second ticket with those same numbers. Now, some people would consider purchasing a duplicate ticket be a foolish waste of money (because if your numbers lose, you're needlessly out an extra dollar, and even if you hit the big jackpot, you don't necessarily get any extra credit for winning twice), but not Mary — and good thing, too, because she happened onto one of those occasions when having a second ticket paid off big.

As things turned out, someone else had also correctly picked all six numbers for that week's draw, so instead of having to split the $24 million jackpot evenly with another winner, Mary was able to claim a two-thirds share and take home $16 million!

Cool story Moon, thanks.

I've had numbers come to me in dreams before and played them once and got nothing and gave up.

Looks like maybe I should have played them a little longer.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                        Member #73903
                        April 28, 2009
                        1433 Posts
                        Posted: September 25, 2011, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

~~

Thanks Harve$t Moon,

This is absolutely wonderful, Mary had the right idea buying a duplicate tickets,

it sure paid off for her. Beautiful.

Through dreams our spirit guides are able to assist us,

it is the time that they have our undivided attention.

It is in the moments of our silence that we gain supernatural understanding and assistance.

$1 Billion

United States
                          Member #73903
                          April 28, 2009
                          1433 Posts
                          Posted: September 27, 2011, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

Dreaming Numbers

Dream Recall:

A person will experience a higher degree of dream recall when they are healthy, go to sleep at the same time each night, and wake up naturally after a full night of sleep. The person must also have an interest and curiosity for their dream experiences each morning upon awakening. It is recommended to write dream experiences in a dream journal to strengthen retention.

Dream Recall: 410 313 906 376 371 682 249

2048 0390 8433 9453 4294 2049 2004

Dream Catcher

$1 Billion

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
                            LAS VEGAS
                            United States
                            Member #47729
                            November 22, 2006
                            4586 Posts
                            Posted: September 27, 2011, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

Hark Empress.

"And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and on the top of it reached to heaven." ~ Genesis 28

Higher & Higher,

EddessaKnight Note

United States
                              Member #73903
                              April 28, 2009
                              1433 Posts
                              Posted: September 29, 2011, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

Classifying Dreams:

Although we have learned a lot about the mechanics of dreams this century--the pattern of dreaming during the night and its physiological components--we have made little progress in understanding the meaning of our dreams. As a science, even as an art, dream interpretation has remained on a plateau. I think this has occurred because we have not yet organized our knowledge about dreams for maximum use.

A dream system is helpful for research but leaves the individual dreamer with the question,

"What does my dream mean?"

Popular books, in contrast, offer answers to that question, but without much scientific foundation or little agreement from book to book. The Universal Dreams concept may bridge research and popular needs.

Classifying Dreams: 542 965 885 569 045

5874 8094 9466 4693

Dream Ladder

$1 Billion